Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Just got this email from the Gators about season tickets

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by MCB51, Aug 17, 2020.

1. MCB51

MCB51 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    A brief over view (small portion of a very long email) of what was sent via today's email to season ticket holders/boosters. The video link at the end explains it pretty well....

MEET THE GATORS MARKETPLACE
    During this time, we know that your personal finances are more important than ever. And while we recognize that some of our valued fans will need a refund, we hope if you know you are unable to attend this fall that you will consider supporting the University Athletic Association with one of the other three options. With that, please find all four options available in the Gators Marketplace below:
    • Donating all or a portion of your balance.
    • Redeeming all or some of your balance for one-of-a-kind items and experiences.
    • Rolling over your 2020 balance to 2021.
    • Requesting a refund for your 2020 balance.
    A few of the great items and experiences available in the Gators Marketplace include: Deep sea fishing with Coach Mike White, sitting with the HBC at a football game, video chatting with Coach Dan Mullen, and team-issued gear. Needless to say, there are FAN-tastic options for every Gators fan.

Please note the following: By choosing any of the four options in the Gators Marketplace, you are letting us know that you will not be attending games during the 2020 season and will not be included in the seating plan should fans be allowed.
    For more information on how to use the Gators Marketplace, please click the play button on the video above.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Thanks for sharing. Seems reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. etennant

etennant Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville
    Guessing that means that we will need to buy any tickets for this season independently of our season tickets. Assuming, they allow fans in at some percentage to attend games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MCB51

MCB51 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I guess that you can buy the single tickets if you meet what ever loyalty points they decided on-probably if any are left-then you can purchase???

• Like Like x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  5. etennant

etennant Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville
    I agree that is how they will likely do it. We contribute at the Grand Gator level but I know there are lots of Bull Gators ahead of us. Hope we can at least get a few tickets to a couple of games.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    The full email says fan capacity is still undecided, with ticket requests to be fulfilled based on priority points.

I'm gonna support the team by either donating my full balance, or looking at the items/experiences they make available.

• Like Like x 3
  7. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    Might have to buy season tix just to sit with the HBC at a game. Not sure how much I'd pay for that if he guaranteed to be unfiltered, but it'd be a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Brewski

Brewski Premium Member

Oct 13, 2011
    But if you do that, you aren’t eligible for season tix this year? That email confused the hell out of me when it said if you chose any of these 4 choices, then we will assume you don’t want to buy tix for 2020....

9. urbangirl

urbangirl VIP Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Torn between the bottom 2 choices. I have 4 tix plus booster fees......7k. Thirty five (35) year season tix holder/booster.
    :eek:

10. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    That does seem to be what it means. This way, they will know how many season ticketholders are in the mix for reduced-crowd games as they become available. So, tomorrow is decision day for the fans after seeing the schedule tonight.

11. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    I don’t have season tix but I do collect Gators game used jerseys. If anyone finds out what “team-issued gear” means, and it happens to include jerseys, please PM me. I’m sure we can work something out ($$$) on option 2. Go Gators!

12. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    I read it as no one is guaranteed seats this year, as we have yet to find out who or how many can even be in the stadium. You'll get a chance to request single game tickets, based on booster priority points. I expect it to be like requesting SEC championship or bowl game tickets, where you pay when requesting, before you know if you'll receive tickets or not. Your 2020 contribution is your current account balance. I think you'll get to apply it towards 2020 single game tix, or any of the 4 'marketplace' options listed in the email.

Well know more with the next email...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gatorintn

gatorintn Premium Member

Sep 21, 2014
    This also sounds like anybody outside of a season ticket holder, will not have the option to go to any games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. MCB51

MCB51 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Today's email stated you won't have your seats either....guessing if they have fans, you have to be high up on booster points (which I am not) and probably close the EZs....just use the sides ..probably would have some students..maybe a lottery for those that want to go?
    The email today stated that you did not have to decided right now what you want to do...

15. MCB51

MCB51 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    They stated that you do not have to make your decision now if you are still uncertain...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. gatorintn

gatorintn Premium Member

Sep 21, 2014
    My situation is that I purchased 6 tix for the Oct 3 game vs SC, that did not change from its original scheduled date with the new schedule that was released. I purchased these through TicketCity and Im convinced that they will probably not give me a refund, since the game is still scheduled and the fact that they might let a few fans in. Im not a season ticket holder either, so Im not getting in, but afraid that since UF would allow fans, that will be their out, not to refund me, saying its not our fault who they choose to attend:mad:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. AlEGator7

AlEGator7 Sophomore

Apr 10, 2007
    Of course I bought season tickets for me and my family for the first time this year. I decided to roll mine to next year. Just seems like the safest bet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Legend

Nov 30, 2016
    Likely will just roll mine to next year. I might be high enough to get a couple of single game tix. But, I figure will just look on the secondary market for a couple of games as it sorts itself out.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

If we sit with CMW, can we put it in his ear to switch the location of the cameras so they feature the students? Asking for a friend....

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. MCB51

MCB51 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I have not done it yet..is it easy to do? Do they also roll booster fees? Can you donate just booster fees?
    I put in an email to my rep to answer some questions before I do it....and what if I also purchased UF vs uga tickets..do those also roll or do you just get a refund? Bunch of questions lol

• Agree Agree x 2