Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Just a Couple or Three Things

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Dec 11, 2019.

1. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    We can't close this strong. I keep hearing that Mullen isn't a good recruiter! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. robertgator

robertgator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    just find a way. Grey shirt, numbers tomfoolery, betting on a transfer, etc.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    I think Britt signing in February may be an indicator that he can be pushed out if Tae wants in and I know that with Manuel and Jonvier being grade risk, they can be pushed out come Feb too. I'm scarred from last year with taking on grade risk so I hope that they stray away from that. We can't afford to wait and see with Manuel and his grades and same with Jonvier

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life GC Legend

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    If Tae wants in I hope we slide Britt to WR where we almost certainly won't get as many as we'd like (assuming Manual DNQ, we need 2 more and lead for 0).
    We won't drop Janvier until we need the spot, but if Braun signs as predicted the writing will be on the wall.

I feel good about Harris, Braun, McDaniels.

We need to focus January on Williams, Henderson, Gibbs, and maybe another WR.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea i agree with everything you said. Just wish it was next Wednesday already because by next Saturday, we'll have A LOT of clarity on where to move going foward. We're at 22 now

McDaniels
    Harris
    Tim Smith
    Braun
    Parrish

Tae
    Beckwith

That's how I see it shaping out. 5 next week and 2 in February. I'm not feeling good on Hendo or Gibbs.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 4
  6. flipdaddy5

flipdaddy5 All American

Jan 3, 2015
    I think UGA and the SEC refs are the favorites for this one.

7. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    This just in: We are going to close strong.

Heck, if we "just" ended with Braun, Parrish and one more WR ... and kept the current commits, I'd be happy. (I'm a huge fan of Braun. That kid is an elite OL).

However, it's looking highly likely we're going to end up with 3-4 more studs (plus Braun and Parrish).

We have a legit shot at:
    Tae Williams
    Donell Harris
    Tim Smith
    EJ Smith
    X. Henderson
    M. McDaniels

WOW!

No doubt about it ... we'll have a top 10 class ... most likely a top 7.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Gator72211

Gator72211 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 10, 2015
    EJ Smith come on down!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. okcgator

okcgator Senior

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    Is there no info on EJ?

10. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    He is ours and he comes with Henderson, lots of positive stuff happening. Tim Smith is at the top of my wish list and I think we get him, follow the visits. He and dexter would be something else, get brown qualified and good lord.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Wow, exciting times, hope these predictions are even close to correct....WOW!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life GC Legend

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    I'm getting really mixed up signals as to when Parrish is signing. If he signs next week we are admitting we have no chance at Gibbs, who virtually everybody believes is the more promising prospect. If we wait, we may get Gibbs, or we get Knoxed out on both and end up with White.

I know Tim Smith is trending, but he's always wanted to get out of state....I just think he sticks with Bama.

I don't have a great feeling about Henderson either, but we need him badly and as far as I know CJ & family had a good experience here so there really isn't a good excuse. We need to be able to close on these types of guys....this isn't like Bowman where mama wanted to get him out of the area. Mullen & Johnson needs to make him their personal project and limit Gonzalez's exposure.

The other guy I really want that we are not leading with is Heath. We've got 2 classes with only one receiver (2021 with Pouncey, and 2022 with Copeland...who will want to leave early if he can), getting JUCOs or transfers to provide leadership and experience to those classes will become a big deal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Kind of an h back?

All references to Smith are EJ not Tim?

We close surprisingly strong?

14. bernie_lomax

bernie_lomax Junior

Jan 26, 2016
    List looks good however,
    We need at least two more WRs in this class assuming Manuel doesn’t qualify as many predict. X Henderson, Robinson, the chaminade WR (Canion?), Heath, Poitier.

We have a LOT of DBs in this class so I can’t imagine McDaniel in unless there’s a decommitment. Imo that spot on your list has to be a WR.

I believe beckwith is a TE and that spot may go to a WR if we need room for Tae and we save a spot for Manuel.

Basically I see it as choose two out of: save a spot for tae committing, save a spot for Manual qualifying, add a WR (Poitier, etc), add Beckwith.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. r0r080

r0r080 Sophomore

Jul 31, 2019
    Im all in for Parrish, and would love to see EJ Smith in the slot for Florida as well!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life GC Legend

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    I agree with you, but keep in mind Britt is a capable WR. And if McDaniels signs (and certainly if both McDaniels and Williams sign) we can slide him over to WR and fill a big need there. That said Britt is looking around more than I'd like. Fraziers, Henderson, and Britt...with a chance of holding onto Manual sets us up well. Though I'd happily trade a chance for Manual for Heath.

I like Beckwith, but unless we get some negative suprises I don't see there being space. TE with Pitts and Zipperer I think we are OK. I'm actually a little surprised we've stuck with Odom given how little we seem to use blocking TEs (Gamble and Lang got very little PT last year)

17. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Gotta remember that Pitts is leaving after 2020 and going into 2021 season, Zipperer will be a junior (don't believe he redshirted this year). Good thing though if we pass on Beckwith this year, we're still in good shape with some 2021 TE's

18. bvgator789

bvgator789 GC Legend

Nov 29, 2018
    2021 Gage Wilcox is a name to really look at

19. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Yep him and Mike Trigg from Gervon's high school

• Like Like x 2
  20. biggynugs

biggynugs GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    The spring hasn’t been kind to us the past few years. I think it’s a safe bet that we’ll have some attrition. Wouldn’t it be great to play with a full four recruiting classes worth of players instead of 65

• Like Like x 1