Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Jude Orders Release of Barr Memo

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, May 4, 2021.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    that was basis of reason why Trump wouldn't be prosecuted for obstruction of justice. In no uncertain terms he writes that Barr did not weigh any evidence, he merely wrote a memo to support a predetermined position that Barr would not allow Trump to be prosecuted.

Seems like more than enough justification to take Barr's license to practice law and possibly even indict him as a co-conspirator.

Judge orders release of DOJ memo justifying not prosecuting Trump (msn.com)

upload_2021-5-4_16-2-6.png
    A federal judge has ordered the release of a key Justice Department memo supporting former Attorney William Barr’s conclusion that former President Donald Trump should not be prosecuted for obstruction of justice over episodes investigated by special counsel Robert Mueller. U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson issued that ruling in a withering opinion that accused Barr of being “disingenuous” when describing Mueller’s findings and found that the Justice Department was not candid with the court about the purpose and role of the 2019 memo prepared by Justice’s Office of Legal Counsel.
    “The review of the document reveals that the Attorney General was not then engaged in making a decision about whether the President should be charged with obstruction of justice; the fact that he would not be prosecuted was a given,” wrote Jackson, an appointee of former President Barack Obama.

“Not only was the Attorney General being disingenuous then, but DOJ has been disingenuous to this Court with respect to the existence of a decision-making process that should be shielded by the deliberative process privilege," she wrote. "The agency’s redactions and incomplete explanations obfuscate the true purpose of the memorandum, and the excised portions belie the notion that it fell to the Attorney General to make a prosecution decision or that any such decision was on the table at any time.”

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Good. Sunlight is a disinfectant.

I still expect absolutely nothing to happen to Barr.

Though one wonders how many times he could straight up BS the court without being held accountable in some way. Disbarment and disgrace being the most obvious. Unless Barr received a financial payout or some other benefit, I’m not sure how you get from “zealot” to law breaking based on memos. Even though we know the purpose to his shenanigans was to protect 1 man rather than do his job, I don’t think that alone gets you a crime.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

5. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    He is so deserving of dis-barr-ment. What a traitor

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    So basically what we all thought, that the fix was in and no real prosecution decision was being made was, in fact, true.

Barr is as corrupt as they come.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Fake news!

Obama judge!

Russian hoax!

Witch hunt!

Stolen election!

Just trying to save my friends on the right some time this afternoon.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Cue up the Unitary Executive Theory. But cf testimony during confirmation hearings.

9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Further to the above, Barr Will say the president by definition cannot obstruct justice, because the president is at the head of the Executive Branch and is responsible for all federal criminal investigations and therefore by definition cannot obstruct same. However, he did not have the courage of his convictions during his testimony seeking to be confirmed, and essentially stated that various scenarios including dangling pardons, which undoubtedly occurred, could constitute obstruction of justice. Consequently, when they try to say that the facts didn't matter because of their legal theory, that could be used against him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    That's not a strong argument nor was it the one Barr made at the time, which was that DOJ policy counseled against prosecuting a sitting president. He's not sitting now, and Mueller listed 9 clear instances of obstruction. He also stated Trump could be prosecuted. My fervent hope is that a criminal indictment is soon filed. Obstruction is a serious offense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    All the best people So much winning. :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Nice to know the law applies to everyone (unfortunately it does not)

• Like Like x 2
  13. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    When he said that if you're a star you can do anything. Grab a woman by the hoo-hah, shoot somebody on 5th avenue, rob banks, commit mortgage fraud, RE fraud and screw his fellow investors ad nauseum. How anyone with a brain in their skull that function can't see this is beyond stupid.

Or, that's what they would do given half a chance. MAGA my a**.

• Like Like x 1
  14. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Hall of Fame

May 30, 2007
    I think most of you, live in glass houses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I don't think he got it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The order is linked in the link. it is scathing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    When you have 35+ years in the same business as a certain someone, get back with us. I've seen it with my own eyes, held the paper files in my hand, read it on my computer screens, testified in court as an expert witness, and audited foreclosed mortgage loan files in my 35+ years. Ain't no glass house around here. But I do see the pot pissing over the black kettle pointing the fat finger. Thousands of times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I see you guys are lined up at Nancy’s Pleasure Palace again. Please don’t waste all of your money!

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    ah yes, the old what about defense. Try that next time a cop pulls you over for speeding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Eww

• Funny Funny x 1