Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

JT Daniels granted a waiver to play right away

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by filamg8torfan, Jul 13, 2020.

1. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    He will be a RSoph and Vandagriff wil be a True Sophmore or RF.

He won’t start that year unless he beats out Vandagriff who is a realistic 96-97 rank. Just long odds for him. He would have been better going to a lesser SEC /ACC team. Im glad he’s not here tbh.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. elijah_blue7

elijah_blue7 Senior

Aug 20, 2018
    Sucks for us cuz I wanted UF to kick his ass lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Our WR transfer from Penn State has got to be approved. He transferred with cause while JT Daniel did not. Daniel transferred in May so what in hades is the hold up on our transfer?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    What was the cause he submitted?

5. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I heard that it was a forgone conclusion shorter was goin to be granted it. As far as Daniels goes , bring him on. I’m not quite to the point yet with ga that I wish for bad things or crappy players so we can beat them. We’re only a few years removed from a 2 and a half decade ass whippin with them so...

6. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    ...he said he was trans-gender....which made him a perfect fit for the Dawgs.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    As my idol Ricky would say, "someone has some splaining to do ."

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    It was an annoying series of events where Beck seemed to be heavily trending to UF, then he got a Georgia offer, visited, immediately committed and gave an interview afterward where he made very clear that he was waiting for Georgia to offer the whole time and basically considered UF his safety school. So you had a situation where a guy who seemed like a "lock" was snatched away by our biggest rival over the course of a weekend and made some pretty humiliating comments in the aftermath of it. And if I'm remembering correctly that was during the period where Richardson had de-committed, so we didn't have a quarterback in the class at that point.

Now, life taking the amusing turns it sometimes does, Richardson came back into the fold and Beck proceeded to post a pretty terrible senior season, so it certainly looks like we ended up on the right side of that particular exchange.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Thanks for refreshing my memory. I do remember some of that transpiring now. But, it seems like that was all about how he played us to get an offer from Georgia, kind of coming off disrespectful to Gator Nation. Now, there seems to be a second component that it is getting knocked around that he isn't turning out to be the greatest catch anyway. In the end, AR coming back into the fold will probably be the better outcome for Mullen with his system, in my opinion. We were never going to get Beck and AR, so, if we could have Beck without AR or AR without Beck, the good choice was likely AR.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    We need to hire someone on the inside of the NCAA into the athletic department. Our good ole boy network doesn’t work. And the hire has to be aggressive. Obviously, ours isn’t working.

As for recruiting, we need to pay as much as Alabama Georgia do on Pell grants. As for additional help that these two are providing are through businesses, agents and handlers at IMG and the like. A concerted effort to circumvent the stated rules. Guess what, it is working. Learned at Tuscaloosa. Don’t forget moving families and providing jobs/ transportation for family members.
    Duke and North Carolina are following the process of using agents and handlers to get top players, then deny when caught, relying on academic and coach reputations to help buffer the denial.

Our waiting for the Supreme Court of college football, “NCAA” to make a ruling, stems from when agents got us into trouble. Our AD at the time and every time since then was once bitten, twice shy. Zero aggressiveness. We are above pushing back when situations dictate it. Players are involved, we should at least give them the benefit of going to bat for them, instead of being old school, letting the Supreme Court “NCAA” decide, without doing all we can to force timely and just decisions.

I hear your frustrations!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    I don't know. Seems lack a mostly lateral move in that regard.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    Because of the loss of Jones, we needed a second QB in 2020 (preferably) or 2021. I think we have to look at Kitna as the alternative to Beck, and I expect Kitna to be impressive. I always like to see as many of our players to be a child of an NFL player as possible. Not to take anything away from Del Rio. He looks to be the real deal. We are looking good over the next 5-6 years.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Beck will probably at least stick around until the first season's depth chart shakes out. Get behind Daniels and then he'll probably go, since I'm assuming Daniels will be a RFreshman or Sophomore in 2020. I would hope a competitor wouldn't just up and transfer before the competition even started. Who would want a player like that?

14. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Maybe he has the special ability to be able to lick his own nuts. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Funny, I thought you were talking about the other Del Rio as the son of an NFL guy at first...

16. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    Haha. That Del Rio was a really good...social media person. Seriously though, he had a good QB brain, but had none of the physical tools of our current QB and committed QB.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    I thought he read defenses very well, but, was way too fragile to stay on the field and didn't have the strongest of arms. Not a fan of his little broadcast gig; pretty cocky dude for his associated moderate level skill set.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    Definitely the good choice for Mullen. But if we were never going to get both, why did we risk AR, the guy most feel is the perfect Mullen QB?

19. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    It seems that they wanted two QBs in the class to restore the depth because the youngest Jones flaked out on us.

20. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Karma's a b_tch!

• Winner Winner x 1