Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Joe Burrow

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorLuke, Oct 7, 2019.

1. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Joe Brady. Florida, Florida, Floridaaa! He better call Peyton Manning for some advice on dealing with Gator Envy.

2. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
  3. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Hey look, there are 3 different ‘Joe Burrow’ threads now. Maybe some site housekeeping is in order and combine them all into one ‘Joe Burrow’ thread. Or, maybe start a few more..

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Do all the talking heads out there not look at who people have played. I had similar thoughts on Auburn, their resume was not that great. We shot ourselves in the foot otherwise we blow them out.

LSU is similar as you note.. Texas went up and down the field on them and our D is way better then Texas D. The fact that Vandy scored 30+ boggles my mind. Same team that scored 6 on UGA and 6 on Ole Miss(a defensive power?).

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Tally me banana Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    Merged three Burrow threads. One is really enough.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. sovietgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    He was thinking UF will be like Texas, preparing his pageant wave for UF. He's gonna be on his ass Saturday night all beat to hell in the locker room post game.

7. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Aww...

Would you look at that...

Beavis is actually Queen Elizabeth! :rolleyes::D

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. lwg8tr

lwg8tr GC Legend

I can't wait till we rough him up Darren Studstill style. Watching their games, Burrow has had the luxury of a 5 step drop and 3-5 seconds for his reads. I can see Grantham cooking up stunts and mixing it up on the front, to confuse their line and get people in a position to place a slobberknocker on him. If LSU plays their same game-plan they did the last 5 games, they will lose. They play against their tendency with screens, quit slants, throws to tight ends, end arounds....they may get some points. He sits back there and waits for 30 yard posts routes to happen and he will be on the concussion protocol by the 3rd quarter. This will be a game of whomever has TOP. I really think LSU gets up a few scores and it looks grim for the good guys heading into halftime and then second half we come roaring back and win by 3-7 points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. obgator

obgator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m more worried about Burrow making plays with his legs than his throwing ability. He burnt us on a couple of 3 and longs last year with the QB draw.

10. sovietgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Yup! Orgeron and OC Joe Brady don't know what ball control and TOP is. And Mullen is a master at it.

11. sovietgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    It could happen, and Jones could do the same in return. We have a better, faster, stronger, deeper defense this year. The speed of the game is going to be so much faster than what Burrow has faced since BAMA last season.

12. BillyBall89

BillyBall89 GC Legend

Nov 7, 2014
    Capital of Gator Nation
    I know we have the defensive horses the keep pace. Im not worried about that.

The main thing Im worried about right now is our O-line. They're already a little penalty-prone at home. So Im concerned about how the noise there is gonna affect them. We have to clean up that and some of the turnover problems. Because we're not winning this game with 4 turnovers like Miami and Auburn.

13. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Neither team rushes the ball very well, if either does, it could be the difference maker. I don’t see them trying to wait on 30yd pass routes to open. Their offensive staff has poured over the Auburn tape. They will likely do a bunch of quick stuff and go up tempo to try and wear the UF defense down. Having rush DE bookends is a huge advantage. Hopefully Zuniga is near 100% and he and Greenard can meet for a Burrow, or two.. I expect UF to get called for PI 2-3 times, always seem to over there.

14. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Anyone know which Officiating crew were getting?

15. gatorich

gatorich GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pensacola, FL
    Oh my gosh, you just ruined a great Joe thread.:cool::rolleyes:

Joe likes his own posts so he can get more likes!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. wargunfan

wargunfan GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2010
    Inside your head.
    Looking back to the Kentucky game their tall receivers dominated our shorter DBs especially in the endzone. With that in mind it is critical that we put a lot of pressure on Burrows. I would like to see Grantham dial up some blitzes including the delayed blitz and corner blitz and I want to see Zuniga & Greenard crashing down on Burrows from the outside. That pressure is going to be crucial to throw off the timing of the LSU passing attack.
    We handled the Auburn running game mostly with the front four and LBs so I don't think we need to sneak up a safety. That means we can play nickel and I want to see pressure on the outside receivers. Don't give them any space and spend all game in their hip pockets. The LSU tight ends could play a critical role as underneath receivers and I hope Reese and company can shut them down. Reading keys correctly will be critical. If we accomplish all of the above we're gonna shut down the LSU offense and I'm not worried about us scoring enough to win. The difference could be turnovers (Ball Security!).

17. allhailmeyer

allhailmeyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ask the Iron Shiek how he makes people humble.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gil_the_Gator

Gil_the_Gator Sophomore

Sep 9, 2014
    Alligator Underground
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. sovietgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Grantham looking in the window! This is genius, lmao! :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    [​IMG]