Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jason Marshall Jr Top 3 - 5* DB Palmetto

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Jayhovah, Apr 28, 2020.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Having a DB go top 10 never hurts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    I mean we had two 5* that went undrafted in Cece and Tez....

3. bernie_lomax

bernie_lomax Junior

Jan 26, 2016
    The ~10 players on that list of undrafted 5 stars either went to fsu, ole miss, or were from California.

4. okcgator

okcgator Senior

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    3 if you count McFadden from the previous year. Although I could be mistaken on that.

5. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    We really need to take the next step in recruiting this year and finish with a Top-5 class, and JM (and the other Palmetto kids) are the key to doing so. With our 2020 class, our transfers, and a Top-5 class in 2021 we would be set to play with anyone in the country for the foreseeable future. If we end up in the 8-10 range again that will be incredibly disappointing after back-to-back top 10 finishes and New Year's Day Bowl victories.

I'm firmly in the trust the coaches camp and think Dan has done a great job recruiting (the attrition in the 2019 class notwithstanding). This class will be Dan's 4th class and we're rolling on the field so now's the time to move up to the Bama/OSU/Clemson/UGA talent level. With the Football facility coming up that these kids will be able to enjoy, there's no reason not to end up in the top 5 this year.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    I would wager though that if Tez had had a redshirt year and allowed to heal nagging injuries earlier, he would have been drafted this year. He actually praised Hevesy and wished he had had another year to learn his craft. His praise was a true reflection of how poor our previous OL coaching was. Cece was just never going to get drafted at less than 6'1" as an NFL draft choice at DE. He was a reach for a 5th star if you add in the element of potential success in the NFL. That being said I am proud both were Gators and gave their all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Tez was stunted in his growth as well having to play guard early on under a solid but not great OL coach as well as a bad offense for 3 seasons

8. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    I think part of the stunting of growth was coaching turnover that hurt him as well. Hevesy seems to be a big step up from his first coach that had the technical knowledge but not the fire and the second who built relationships well but did not have technical teaching ability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    No doubt about that.

Back to Marshall. Seems like our class is going to live or die by the Palmetto boys (Jason, CC, Collins, Taylor) and idk how i feel about that. Land them all and we're damn near a top 5 class. Miss, and we're scrambling because i believe they're taking their time to announce all the way on signing day (not sure if it's ESD or NSD).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I was kinda thinking his commitment would really help our volleyball recruiting. Hmmmm....football? Hadn't thought of that.

11. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  12. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    It looks like we are lining up some backup plans at DB and the DL, so I think we are hoping for the sweep and preparing in case we do not get the sweep. The one that troubles me is getting Collins as well, and do we have the number of scholarships available, and even if we do, should we be holding open scholarships for transfers who could help in areas of experience/depth, especially at that very position of DT.

13. HisDoc

HisDoc GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    To get back to elite status, we'll have to start winning some of the head to heads vs Bama and, especially, Clemson. Would be nice to see.

14. rmfleone06

rmfleone06 Freshman

Aug 21, 2009
    Florida
    We have beat both these teams in the past two years in recruiting for a few players