Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jalen Jones enters transfer portal

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by bobbybaker86, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    being a dumbass he wouldn’t realize that.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Potato, potahto...

Hand out one more bag of ice.:D

3. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Wow.

I don't exactly follow recruiting or even spring football much anymore (i totally missed that we even had a spring game), but weren't some predicting this kid would more likely be "the future" than Emory - based on talent? I double taked when I saw this headline. Like... what? I literally didn't even know this kid had already enrolled LOL.

It obviously doesn't change much of anything for this upcoming season, but it makes us dangerously thin again at QB behind Franks (with Trask obviously being extremely injury prone). Seems like it really opens the door for Emory in the future. Not a big deal if Franks plays 2 more years, but if Franks has the type of season where he bolts, that QB position could be almost Emory or bust in 2020. Fortunately, this is the one position where we probably don't have much to worry about with Mullen. The lack of bodies is a concern, but most teams aren't going anywhere if they are down to 4th string QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    "It's Florida. I grew up watching Florida, watching Tim Tebow win the Heisman and going to the national championship, he said, "Watching him play the game, really, made me fall in love with football and made me realize this is something I really wanted to do.' "That was my ah-ha moment: I want to do what Tim Tebow is doing. I want to be that guy for that campus, for the city, for the state, and just be that type of player. I knew the best place I could do that is Florida. My goal is to put another statue in front of the stadium."

Richmond VA to Gainesville FL - 666 miles - 9hrs 57min. Maybe someone from the Jones family or even a member of his posse should’ve probably broken out a Rand McNally a few months ago..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WhattaGator

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. gatorbite00

gatorbite00 Junior

Feb 2, 2019
    Port Orange
    Hey. Maybe KC will sign him. Seems to be the Players they like...

7. WhattaGator

KC, huh??
    You DO realize that this is a true freshman we're talking about, right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. biggynugs

biggynugs GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    Actually, we would just have gotten a 5th year senior transfer who could never crack a starting job at a mid major, and put our hopes and faith in him.

9. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Stop for a minute and consider what this young man is going through right now.

We don't have all the details as I said earlier, but he's still a Gator. He has been one hell of a cheerleader for us through the recruiting process. Worked his butt off to get enrolled in one of the finest colleges in the country - if not the world.

And now this. Having to leave a place where his heart has solidly been for the past 2 plus years. All his Gator teammates. Coaches. Staff.

Future unknown.

As fans, I know how easy it is to start posting a bunch of stuff on a talk forum - but if you stop and think about Jalen's situation for a minute - not as a fan - but as a fellow Gator and human being - maybe some here would have a different - maybe even more sensitive - perspective.

I have no idea who reads our forum but its times like this when our character is revealed.

Sorry for the long post but I just felt this had to be said.

Good luck, Jalen - you'll always be a Gator and we wish you well.

Go Gators!

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 7
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    Just an honest question, and to start off with, I don’t wish him ill will or anything.....But I have to ask what makes you say he’ll always be a Gator? I mean if he played here for a year, maybe I can see why people would say that. But for whatever unknown reason to all of us, he decided to transfer....before even suiting up for a game! I’m sorry O&B game doesn’t count. Also, what if....and I say IF the rumors are true and something bad happened between him and a girl, will he still always be a Gator then? Honest question that’s not trying to get you riled up

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 8
  11. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    This came out of left field. Was actually looking forward to how Coach DM was going to incorporate his athleticism into the offense, maybe a little Wildcat or trick play here and there. Oh well, next man up.

EDIT: Just read about the rumblings about why he's moving on. Is any of that stuff about him being in trouble verified?

12. traveling gator

traveling gator Freshman

Mar 7, 2017
    Not in my book. He can be a Gator fan but not a Gator.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    [​IMG]
    Sometimes you don't get what you want.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. gator4ever88

gator4ever88 Freshman

Aug 29, 2017
    Not a Gator period. Contributed zero. Commitment zero. Move on. Life with the portal.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    I always recall the saying, “You’re either a Gator, or you’re Gator bait”...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Buried on the depth chart. Best of luck to you, sir.

17. GatorInTX2014

GatorInTX2014 Senior

Feb 5, 2014
    Temple, TX
    This transfer portal is terrible. 95% of these kids are using it to transfer out when they don’t win a starting job. I’ve only heard of 2 that were legit, and for some reason were both denied. Gotta love the NCAA :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, didn't take long for our first casualty of the summer...

19. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    ...and to think Jalon didnt even get to run our top secret 4th and 11 game ending play before he transferred. 4th and 11 is a gift that will forever keep on giving.

• Like Like x 2
  20. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Hairy has been around a long time but we only get visits from him when Uga puts a couple wins together against us

Dawg fans are the first to bark after a win and nowhere to be found after a loss

Their fans are the worst and will give Kirby hell if it ain’t perfect and they win it all

They will back a winner but ruin it by acting like losers

So Hairy types will get back under the porch when we beat them

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.