Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jake Fox tweets UF Commitment

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by gatorjjh, Aug 20, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

Jake Fox
    @Jake_Fox8

I am very humbled and blessed to announce that I will be continuing my academic and athletic career at the University of Florida! I wouldn’t be where I am today without the love and support of my friends, family, coaches, trainers and most importantly God. Go gators!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. macbgator

macbgator Premium Member

Welcome, glad you are a GATOR!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. gatoralumni99

gatoralumni99 VIP Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Looks like a stud and had a great summer with the bat - left handed hitting short stop!!

Welcome to the Gators Jake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rball1313

rball1313 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He's the brother of my son-law, a junior this year, hit .550 last year for his state championship team, had ALL the big southern schools after him, great kid, great family, dad played in the Red Sox system and is his coach at Lakeland Christian. Part of the Chet Lemon Juice program. He's just going to get bigger (probably 5'11" 170lbs now as junior) and better. Another short stop that can play anywhere in the infield, anywhere on the field really,...but wants to play shortstop. He will know how to play when he gets to UF!

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. gatorfan5220

gatorfan5220 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    A left handed infielder who can hit....hmm!

I need to do a synopsis of incoming infielders in this years and the 2020 and 2021 classes.

You can definitely see a concentrated effort by Sully to avoid being understaffed with quality infielders.

The 2020 class is loaded with them.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Gatorgal04

Gatorgal04 Lowly Fan Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    Great info. Any feel if he wants to come to college vs. go pro?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rball1313

rball1313 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Wellllll, a 7 figure check will probably be hard to say no to. MLB is the goal,...will have good counsel from father as his father spent several years in the minors. He's a good student so it could go either way.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. NitroSmoke

NitroSmoke GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I do not envy these coaches out there trying to build their programs with the possibility of a kid who worked your tail off to sign - goes in the draft. I know its the way it is - and its the same for everyone - but it still has to be extremely stressful for these coaches.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    not to mention the stress it puts on us fans :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I remember watching Chet Lemon patrol CF for the White Sox. He was too good for those teams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ExSS99

ExSS99 Freshman

Oct 21, 2015
    On a boat
    Watched Jake and co. Several times this season. His younger brother used to play on my sons travel team. Good baseball family, great player his infield counterpart is also a UF commit, Ty Evans. Getting those two to come to UF would be huge. Ty is also an amazing player. His father is my sons current travel coach and is just amazing. We call him the swing whisperer. I look for Jake to go college unless he is just way up in the draft. Ty I anticipate him going pro. Both are amazing players, and high character guys.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1