Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jaguars officially sign Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 62gator, May 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    I think we are on the same side here if I understand what you are saying? I’m a big believer that Tebow was put in difficult positions to pass and that he would have had a large improvement going into his second year starting. My response with percentages was to someone else who said those guys were all 60% passers for their career, with the point being that 5 out of 6 of them were below 60% at the same point in their careers as when Tebow was under 60%.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    Take a couple deep breaths, my friend. We are having a polite conversation. No need to start hitting the negative ratings buttons and getting irate. Let’s not escalate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    None of them were given 4-5 chances to make other rosters like Tebow was either

4. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    True, they unfortunately benefited from a corrupt, long-standing system of college athletics that protects athletes.

5. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    As a current 19 years in vet, I did. When they come over the PA and say please stand to honor the men and women who fight for our country, and someone kneels because they figure that’s the best time to protest that the concession stand ran out of their favorite cotton candy....I’m not really sure how else to take it other than being disrespecting to those people. That’s my thoughts though, everyone is different

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You wrongly accuse me of bringing up “the kneeling” and I call you out in it - and that is “irate” to you? “Pent up rage”? Your attempts at patronizing bullshit won’t fly here. We’re done.

7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Ok, one minute the system is taking advantage of the athletes, and now it’s protecting athletes? You’re so busy trying to come up with counterpoints that you’re tripping over your own words. LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. iam4uf

iam4uf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Gainesville
    Here's his QBR by year. Other years he doesn't appear to qualify for ranking due to an insufficient number of plays.
    2016 23
    2015 29
    2014 16
    2013 7

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    21 year vet here. I never once thought he was disrespecting me or any vet, especially considering the context of his protest, and he himself stated he’s not disrespecting us. It’s a reach and projection to somehow ascribe military disrespect. You’re seeing something that is simply not there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    I still like you.

11. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You’re the one who introduced the “as a soldier who salutes the flag I....” aspect to this discussion, that you now say is “a reach”. You and Coop need to circle your wagons and try to figure out how to stop contradicting yourselves. LMAO

12. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    So do stats/rankings matter or does on-field performance/wins matter? I notice the same folks who salivate over Tebow winning a single playoff game suddenly bristle at giving Kaepernick any credit for leading his team to a Super Bowl and nearly winning it.

13. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    I’m a veteran.
    @Skink doesnt like me.
    Therefore, @Skink doesn't like the military.

I’m kidding, by the way. Let’s go back to being homies.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    The NCAA as a system takes advantage of athletes, the university protects athletes (fixes grades, covers up rapes/crimes/assaults etc). You really thought you had a “gotcha” moment didn’t you?

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    The route tree he'll be running will not be difficult to master. He's been catching a ball his whole life, most of the time while looking down the field at the same time. Blocking? he's a physical beast who could out bench 95% of the people he's blocking. Come on man.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Timmy also has a much better TD/Int ratio than the horse-tooth a$$ that traded him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Congrats to Timmy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Nothing wrong with that

19. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Why is it an issue? It’s an $875k gamble that brings a lot of sttemtion and publicity. Worth every penny. I watched one NFL game last season, the SB. For this I might actually watch a handful this season.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    He's been catching a 5 yard snap with no defenders draped on him. I think its kinda different. And benching is a much different animal than blocking, as I assume you already know. He's got the potential and the will. We will see if he can put it all together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.