Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jaguars officially sign Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 62gator, May 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    I love how all of a sudden Kap was a scrub. Revisionist history.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    Ok, I'll play... here are these guys completion percentages during their first year starting. Keep in mind Tebow never got a chance to start again, so by that logic, all except Wentz should be out of the league.

Stafford - 53.3%
    Wentz - 62.4%
    Fitzpatrick - 56.3%
    Carr - 58.1%
    Jameis Winston - 58.3%
    Andy Dalton - 58.6%

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    No one said that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    He's not the first horrible human being to play in the NFL, and he certainly won't be the last.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    All of those QBs were drafted to teams who kept the head coach and GM who drafted them. And if any of them got cut and then got tryouts with 4-5 other teams and still couldn't hack it, no one would feel too badly for them either.

6. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    This is seriously moving the goalposts. That wasn't the original argument, but I don't disagree. It also doesn't prove that Tebow got a fair deal.

7. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    I agree that he definitely didn't get a fair deal.

But when you really think about it, how many QBs do get fair deals? If we're being honest, every QB who washed out of the league or didn't live up to their draft status can claim at least two of the following:
    -They weren't given enough help at WR
    -They weren't given a competent running game
    -They weren't given an offensive line that could protect them
    -They weren't given a defense that could hold leads
    -They were stuck with an incompetent coaching staff
    -Their front office didn't have faith in them

And they would all have somewhat of a legitimate gripe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    The Ravens were going to sign him then his girlfriend called the Ravens racist.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    Not a scrub but worse than Jameis. Nobody that plays in the NFL is a scrub. He isn’t a QB1 though. He is a QB2 who overvalued himself. And when he had a chance to sign his girlfriend called the team racists. That’s too much baggage for a QB2

10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

So the poor guy was just trying to find a good situation for himself, and someone held a gun to his head and told him to kneel during our national anthem and piss off at least half the paying audience out there?

It wasn’t “the” kneeling, it was HIS kneeling. He knowingly decided to take a controversial action that would endear him to half the fans and alienate half the fans. This is entertainment pal, really bad decision for marketing yourself, not good for getting a job where popularity and fan $upport are huge factors in the success of a franchise. Go join the Dixie chicks over in the corner and share thoughts on how you were screwed by the system. LMAO

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    Why were people upset about it is the real question. As a Soldier who salutes the flag during the anthem, I feel no disrespect was made to the flag or anthem by taking a knee.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Thank you for your service. As a patriotic American I take offense to it. Me and a hell of a lot of other people. We each have our reasons and I want to keep the focus on Kapernick and his decision making, not our differences in politics. Regardless of why you feel one way about it and why I feel the other way, Kapernick feathered his own nest by taking such controversial action in a business that thrives on $upport from the viewing and paying public.

13. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    I wonder how many of those guys were handed 5 out of 6 on your list like Tebow was.....

Q

14. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    I understand wanting to keep politics out of the discussion, but if you are goin to bring up him doing something controversial, I think it’s fair to point out that I don’t think what he did should have been as controversial as it was. I don’t think he ever imagined it would have become this much if a story. That’s what leads me to say that it wasn’t offensive to me. A lot of the same crowd that says Kap is a disrespectful traitor has no problem with goons storming the Capitol and disrespecting the halls of Congress. Took down our flag and hung Trump flags, but somehow a peaceful knee is worse. The point is, I don’t think he predicted the outrage, and I don’t think the outrage was warranted. He became an easy target for pent up rage.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. sas1988

sas1988 Junior

Nov 16, 2016
    Denver
    Denver @ Jacksonville on Sept. 19. Oh please, please, please let Timmy make the team and get a chance to stick it to Denver. Please!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Endless Excuses

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Ray Rice...Rae Carruth...Hernandez....O.J. etc were certainly horrible humans but Winston certainly seems to be a pretty shitty/entitled human amongst the NFL dirt bags. The really bad part involving him was the FSU/Tally D/ Jimbo/Bonasarte/ school president garbage which enabled him and didnt care one damn bit about the students. Guys like Jameis, Darby, Cashier, Seabass, Francois and guys like Karlos Williams who saw fit to beat and batter their pregnant girlfriends over and over again while the cops came over to get his autograph and a selfie.

17. Endless Excuses

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    How did these guys all do when they attempted passes on 3rd and 12 plus....that was really the only time Tebow was "allowed" to pass...comparing percentages to guys who are allowed a 1st and 10 screen passes really changes their completion percentages.

18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

It was you who brought up "the kneeling" pal, not me. If he didn't think it would be controversial and divisive then he's a bigger idiot than I ever believed. You're trying to lead me into a political discussion with the "storming the capitol and Trump flags" BS and I'm not falling for it. "Pent up rage"? Take that BS back over to THFSG

19. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    SMFH! Why does every Tim Tebow thread eventually descend into a manure pit about CK!?!? The last TT thread was locked because of this nonsense. Start a stupid Kaepernick thread and discuss all of that BS there. This sucks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  20. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

Kap didn't just leave it at kneeling. He went way beyond that, and continued with it for a while. It's a free country and he has the right to voice his opinions, but he can't expect that he won't be held accountable for what he says and does. He made his own bed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.