Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jaguars officially sign Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 62gator, May 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013

I'm not sure being ultra successful or even pro bowl is even a goal for TT. I believe he just likes to stay active and play sports while he's still capable. Pro sports is one of those jobs that have a shelf life. Since there are no door greeters or grocery bagging in pro sports you better get your playing days in while you can.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I do have a Fireflies jersey from a game I attended in Columbia that I kind of treasure. My wife, now, she has every one except the damn Jets. The blank will probably be ... $0? Just like the value of her Beanie Baby collection? ;)

3. recongator

recongator GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    Forehead lol! More like fivehead

• Like Like x 1
  4. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    To be fair, if Josh Gordon was a QB he would have never gotten another opportunity. The QB is usually the face of the franchise. Luckily since I can remember the WR position has always been a diva position that teams can look anotherway as long as you are good

5. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    He may be a diva, but he failed drug test what 3 times and got 4 chances to redeem himself? Why would teams take a chance on a guy that continuously not be able to play due to suspensions. I just use him as a polarizing example of a person who kept getting more chances than they should have. There are others as well, even QBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    Josh Gordon didn't get falsely labeled as an anti-military, anti-police, anti-USA activist like Kap did. Why are we comparing the two situations as if they are similar?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Semper Fi Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    Please stay on topic. This is not a thread about a former 49er QB. Some comparisons are possibly appropriated from a football standpoint, but not about politics or race.

I want this thread to stay open.

• Like Like x 3
  9. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    I can't believe this. If Tebow isn't driven to be ultra successful, will he really be an asset to the Jags? I think maybe it's misworded. I think being ultra successful in the team setting is his only goal.

10. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    I dont think blackballed is the right description. I think they were both more trouble than they were worth.

11. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    I disagree. Tebow was worth a whole lot of money to any team that would have signed him. You think Jax wouldn’t have sold out every game and jersey? You think they wouldn’t have been a relevant team making the playoffs. Of course he was worth it. Kap as well. He is more popular now than at least half of NFL starting QBs and he was one play away from winning a Super Bowl as a starter. Let’s not change the narrative.

12. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    I'm not changing the narrative, you are. I'm just going off what really happened, not what we think would have happened. Why do you think no one signed these 2 money makers?

13. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    The bad PR talking heads are already crucifying him-relentless.

We love Tebow. A legend, good guy, the best...

I want him to succeed. He might even be a decent TE, H-back, pass option dude. Who knows? Meyer will figure something out and either he can rise to the occasion or not. I hope he makes the field and ultimately the team.

Go Gators.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

How in hell could Tim Tebow be more trouble than he’s worth??

15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I don’t buy your argument regarding Kapernick’s popularity. That guy alienated half the football world with his stunts

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. murphree_hall

Jul 11, 2019
    The other half loves him. That’s a lot of people. I don’t agree with your characterization of his activity as “stunts”. He protested police brutality peacefully by respectfully taking a knee at the consultation and advice of a former Green Beret. As a Soldier, I took no disrespect from it, but hey some people feel the need to feign indignation on the knee being taken. It’s all good though. We will never agree on this, so no need to rehash the argument.

This thread is about Tebow, and he is about as different from me as possible... a white, conservative, evangelical. That doesn’t stop me from being objective and supporting the guy 100%. He did nothing wrong, and I’m glad the guy is getting another shot. I think he will be an impact player if he gets on the field. A lot of QBs convert to WR or TE. I see no reason why he can’t.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    His impact on the field isn't worth the media frenzy that is created.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    Why do you say if? And for debates sake, which QB to pass catcher compares to Tebow?

19. I love Timmay, however, I do not feel this will end well.

20. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Tebow was never the problem, his following was.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.