Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jaguars officially sign Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 62gator, May 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    Fabio better watch his back. That pressure of Tebow being in the locker room is intense... ask Kyle Orton and Mark Sanchez. :emoji_muscle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sas1988

sas1988 Junior

Nov 16, 2016
    Denver
    Left work yesterday to the local sports talk radio here in Denver completely trashing Timmy. Guys that were "all in" after all the miraculous finishes back in 2011 were just attacking him w/o mercy.
    They brought up Elway's (book) chapter devoted to trashing TT and how he always found the spotlight, no matter what, was a publicity hound, thought he was as good if not better than the Elway's (wife & dickhead) as celebrities (at the height of Tebow mania), and on and on. I thought about calling in for the first time since moving here 20 years ago. Thought better of if.
    This morning the guys were trashing Jeff Driscol (sp) and how he's played for 4 teams in three years and how he could sit the bench for 10-15 years making bank just because he can learn the o quickly and emergency bail out a win or two a year. Isn't that what back ups are supposed to do?
    It just seams my Gators can't catch a break in the thin air of Colorado. It doesn't matter in the slightest in the world but it does make you wonder, what did the Gators do to the Broncos, other than try to steal Shannahan when the Spur Dog left?
    I'm rooting for TT harder now than back in 2012. I would so love for him to get goal line TDs vs , NE, Philly & esp Denver. Would be so epic and I would love walking around town in my old #15 jersey again.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I expect nothing more coming from the people in Denver

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    If I read the article right, the 4 other TEs on the roster (not counting the 5th guy they just drafted) combined for 101 catches over 13 seasons with no mentions of any TDs. They need all the help they can get

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    I think that's probably where the honest criticism comes from. Tebow is a guy who has never caught the football or blocked. Is he the right help?

He's just a guy on the 90 man roster right now. It's not a big deal. But it sells headlines. My only question is what are the chances it ends well? What would him being a successful TE actually look like? And is it worth it in the long run? We will certainly find out soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    At least this article mentions the position, the front page article on this site fails to mention the position (the UF grad that wrote it needs to go back to school).

9. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    The Jags are going to use Tebow like the Saints Hill...he is not going to be a traditional tight end like Gronk. It makes all the sense in the world to have Tebow for goal line and short conversion plays. Why would you risk Trevor Lawrence and the 100's of million dollars you are investing in him to get hurt running option short yardage plays. Quite frankly the Saints have been ahead of the NFL with the creation of Hill's position and I'm not sure why other teams haven't adopted it sooner.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Congrats to TT. Hope he does well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    I think some people’s heads just exploded.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    That is exactly what they will do. And I suspect they will throw him a pass when the defense least suspects it too.A specialty role right now is good for the team and good for Tim because he will need time to grow into the position. Remember, Meyer is the guy who prepares , in writing, his "Plan to Win". In includes using players as a piece of a the bigger puzzle here and there. Let the geniuses say what they want. The truth is this league right now hates the truth. They would rather live with Alice in Wonderland. I even heard criticism of his trying out as a racist thing. Sports writers invent shit every day. The media has been beating on TT from day 1. They hate his success. Heck, he may not even make the final roster . They act like the Jags named TT the starting QB. I hope he kicks ass. Good luck to him and the Jags.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    "I want to thank the Jaguars for the opportunity to compete and earn the chance to be part of this team," Tebow said in a statement.

"I know it will be a challenge, but it is a challenge I embrace. I am dedicated to taking the direction of our coaching staff and learning from my teammates. I appreciate everyone's support as I embark on this new journey."

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. believer

believer GC Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    He definitely looks a lot bigger than his Florida days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
  16. persuader

persuader GC Legend

Feb 2, 2015
    Florida
    Yep. When Nick left the writing definitely took a turn for the worse on GC. And the podcasts, except for Eric’s commentary on basketball, are now absolutely unlistenable. But, they’re young and need to practice their craft. So, hopefully it will improve with time and experience. I know their intentions are in the right place. Nick’s work certainly improved significantly over the years.
    This is not intended as a slight. Just stating an obvious fact.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    They should erect a shrine to Tim Tebow at Mile High Stadium. He made the Broncos look appealing to Peyton Manning by turning that terrible team around. He did so well that it cost him his job. No way forehead was going to the Broncos if they hadn’t won the division and a playoff game. I also live in Colorado and while a lot of people don’t like Tebow here, a lot still are thankful for what he did. One of my coworkers is an older guy and lifelong Broncos fan. He says the Tebow year was the most exciting year of Broncos football he’s ever witnessed and that the game vs the Jets was the loudest and craziest he’s ever been to in Denver.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

John Elway was a spoiled brat rich kid when he came out of Stanford and decided he was too good to go to the team that drafted him. I mellowed on him over time and actually pulled for him to finally win a super bowl. What was I thinking - the guy proved to be an even bigger asshole later in life. Trust your instincts.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    i used to read about three different Broncos' blogs when Tim Tebow played in Denver and half the city really liked him and the other half was not hateful, but more unimpressed.

They all felt that Tim got a raw deal when horse-tooth took over and got horse-head to play QB for them.

Screw Denver fans...

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    I mean, he did catch a ton of passes from the Center while in the Shotgun ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.