Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jags name a new HC coach. Not Leftwich.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Juggernautz, Feb 3, 2022.

1. swampspring

swampspring GC Hall of Fame

Dec 13, 2009
    I like it. Dan Quinn, Doug Peterson would have been my top choices but it won't matter if baalke is still there.

I think Leftwich will get a better gig at some point. Either way, as a Jags fan, I'm pretty stoked with the hire.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Interesting that he could have had his first gig and passed because they wouldn’t fire Baalke. That must have been a tough decision and he must have spoke to a lot of people.

• Like Like x 1
  3. melrosemafia

melrosemafia Premium Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Melrose
    Good pick. Get a OT, Fast WR, RB,Robinson needs help plus hurt. I would trade pick for 3 extra picks. Pierce would be a good pick in 3rd or 4th. Ala OT in First if they trade down.

4. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Good hire. Kind of lucky with the way they've fumbled their way through the process.

5. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    Awful year to trade down though. Plus they drafted Etienne last year so probably good at RB. Build the lines.

6. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    They have a first round RB in Etienne that was injured and missed the season last year. Good receiver out of the backfield that should help next year. WR/TE that can dominate? Someone that can protect Trevor at OT? Defense played well at times. Front office drafted poorly prior to last year.

7. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    They should draft Neal the OT out of Bama rather than The two DEs on the board. Need to protect Lawrence.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. sandmangator

sandmangator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Near Gainesville
    Yea we finally have a coach. However, I was hoping we could get leftwich.... Not only because he will be a very good coach. I wanted him because he deserves it as a former Jaguar

• Like Like x 1
  9. melrosemafia

melrosemafia Premium Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Melrose
    True forgot Etienne . But both RBs hurt.

10. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Agreed, trade down if you can.

11. mkfgator

mkfgator Premium Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Meyer probably made things a lot more troublesome for Baalke too. Examples of two hires--Baalke and Meyer--the Jags screwed up on.....again. He can't fire Baalke now even if he wanted to and Khan doesn't have stones that big anyway. He would be admitting he was wrong.
    As for Leftwich, he tried to bite off more than he could chew. His best chance of getting a job this early in his short career would be right on the heels of Tom Brady being the last QB for the Bucs. Brady didn't need an OC and I expect Leftwich sat back and watched more than he actually governed. I hope Kyle Trask is the starter next year and kicks ass. If so, it would help BL a lot more. If , however, KT struggles as most first year starters do, Leftwich will --for at least a year--be an after thought. He should have struck while the iron was hot, regardless of the GM. He could have made his concerns about he GM known to the owner without making his firing a condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    That’s a strong take and an agreeable one.

13. GatorTheo

GatorTheo Freshman

Jun 22, 2007
    Frangie is a shill for whomever pays him.