Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jacoby Brissett...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by sovietgator, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:49 AM.

1. og8trz

og8trz VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Can’t be true because Coach K is all about STUDENT/Athletes

2. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Funny how he dropped that graduation demand the second one-and-done took over.

3. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

4. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I don't know about Jacoby, but Kyrie was as serious as a heart attack about it. He only backtracked later because the whole world knew he was dumb as a brick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GothamGator

GothamGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacoby is pretty clearly kidding about all this stuff. If you look at his tweets, there are a few off the wall things. I kind of hate the media attention, because it could discourage him from being his quirky weird self on Twitter.

Check these out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. GothamGator

GothamGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    By the way, for a team that supposedly had bad quarterbacks for most of the decade, an awful lot of them ended up in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Shhhh! The people in Kansas could be listening... lol

8. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Yeah, and the mystery is that a guy named Jeff Driskel, who many SG posters said was the worst/ stupidest/ most inept QB of all time, somehow is getting paid by the NFL.
    Those NFL guys don't know as much as our SG posters, so that Driskel guy must have pulled one over on them.

And then they said the same thing about Felipe Franks.

Some of us said "wait a minute. These guys need coaching, and neither Driskel or FF have had any coaching. Wait until they have some."

Young athletes need to progress, and they need a coach to help them to get to each stage of progression.

But we were idiots, and sunshine pumpers.

Obviously I get frustrated by the armchair QBs and video game experts that don't understand the crucial role that coaching plays, and who criticize our young QBs.

But the real crime here is that UF paid a coaching staff MILLIONS of dollars that let some good kids flounder and struggle, and those kids blamed themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Junior

Sep 9, 2018
    I completely agree with you first off. Coaching is the biggest aspect of it. At the same time though, it’s not all of it. I’ve never been coached to throw the ball away when I’m 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage running towards the sidelines. Yet I know to do it and I’ve never been a QB. At this point in your FB journey it shouldn’t be teaching someone football basics. You should be enhancing what they should already know how to do. But again I am agreeing with you that coaching is key, just don’t think the simple things a lot of people hated about certain people were issues that a college coach should be dealing with.

10. How easily... HOW easily... this could be turned by the follies into a comparison of a UF education (though he finished at NC State) vs. a Tennessee education.

Best not to throw stones...

11. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2014
    6 Mile Creek, Florida
    I was with you all the way until you wanted to expose yourself

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Legend

Dec 6, 2015
    Driskel, Brissett, Grier... Smh...

Those Muschamp teams were far more talented than their record showed...

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    As we all stated, the problem was the OC and play calling, as well as Muschamp, not the Gator QBs. We had a different OC every year. OL and WR coaches as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

15. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    I agree this was frustrating when our QBs couldn't even do this. So very frustrating and maddening.
    However, let's remember they are under a lot of pressure and esp. Mac would throw 1000 things at a freshman and expect him to process it.
    So dumb mistakes are going to happen when you throw too much at a guy.

This is what I love about Mullen- he seemed to bring FF along step by step.
    And by the end he was much improved and not making as many mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Legend

Sep 16, 2018
    I would argue that playcalling was a very small part of it.
    We didn’t develop offensive players, and that comes from a top-down lack of coaching on that side of the ball.
    I knew a GA down there while Champ and Weis were there. He said there was not much offensive individual period down there. Mostly that time was carved out for O/D position drills, ex: WR vs CB, LB vs RB, OL vs DL.
    You can develop defensive players that way, but offensive technique needs offense only time.
    OL literally needs to crawl-walk-run their steps on inside/outside zone. Each individual step, angle, and foot placement needs to be taught to run zone/stretch concepts effectively. I guarantee that is what Hevesy does, and that was what Addazio did.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. GameTime1

GameTime1 All American

Jul 27, 2015
    I'll always be convinced that muschamp meddled in the offense, causing its failure no matter who the coordinator.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Junior

Sep 9, 2018
    Oh I’m totally on board with you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Play not to lose was the guy's mantra for O. Field position, TOP, and punt. Points? Explosiveness? Nope. Too risky. Defense wins football games.

Dude would have been a helluva coach in the 1920s.