Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jacob Copeland: SEC Freshman of the Week

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LLCoolJ94, Oct 23, 2019.

1. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Ok

2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Isnt it great to see Gator players being honored practically every week again?

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Copeland is breaking out at the perfect time...
    He adds another player for the Dawgs to try to cover, along with Pitt's, Swain, Jefferson, Cleveland, etc.

Georgia doesn't have the DBs to cover them all.. theirDBs are just not very good this year. .and, our O-line, however doubted, has protected Trask extremely well ...

The naysayers can bitch about our O-line all they want...but, they've done an admirable job at allowing our QB to rack up the numbers,..(and three 75+yard TD RUNS ain't too shabby, either)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Man was that an impactful miss on the Alex Leatherwood sweepstakes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Pointless to lament but yeah...imagine him along with either Taylor staying one more year or the Reese transfer going through. Any decent run game makes this offense nearly impossible to stop given our current passing game

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. Norcaligator

Norcaligator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 21, 2007
    Yes. And isn’t it great to have an offense again? No longer having to watch our defense dominate to exhaustion, praying for just a few good drives from a weak O....I’m loving this CDM era!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ozgatorfan

ozgatorfan Sophomore

Apr 12, 2007
    I hope the folks in Pensacola are happy now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Even last years offense combined with nearly every defense from the champ/mac years is in strong contention for a title. 2012 was one of the most wasted defenses in college football history given the discrepancy in offense amd defense

9. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I like it better if he looks to be burning a corner.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Ran the ball a lot in high school, mostly from the wildcat but also lined up at RB. Looks very natural at the position.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    He's very physical and plays taller than he's listed. Appears to have more length than height. Also a great leaper. Regarding the Toney comparisons, he's more versatile in this offense and not limited to the slot. He can back up any of the WR spots. Not so sure about H-back unless they have special plays for him there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Congrats to Copeland! I was really happy to see him make a couple catches in traffic last week - he'd struggled to reel those in previously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I guess what I said was more a question of if we might not have seen some things past few games but have schemed earlier that CDM intends to throw at georgia. I'm really hoping to see a lot of "Mullen called a great game" type posts after that game. What we do now is fine. It's decent. It works reasonably well. Mullen and the team are highly thought of in intelligent and analytical football circles. But there was a magic to the type of plays Mullen called back in the day. Maybe it's that he likes to move the ball in a traditional fashion then call the right shots in the RZ. One of the plays he called inside the 10 against SC was just money.