Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

I've been wondering what liberals think about Rachel Maddow moderating the debates?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    To be perfectly honest that was my intent....I know what myself and most conservatives think of Maddow I was wondering what most liberals think. I know I wouldn't like it if Hannity was chosen to moderate and I think of Maddow as the anti Hannity on steroids.

• Like Like x 2
  2. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    The object is to appeal to the masses not just the base. The primaries are the harbinger as to who you bring to the dance and if you're unwilling to give details in the primary to gain my vote let alone independents or that of the opposition party good luck in the general. Otherwise it's nothing more than a contest of charades.

You want to talk health care and education tell me how you intend to pay for it. Obviously it's not free so who foots the bill and how much will it cost?

• Like Like x 1
  3. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I am soooo pulling for St. Louis tonight. Drop the puck already!!! :p;):D

Just having fun, if I'm amped tonight I might catch the Maddow replay.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If the Republican Party selects either or both of them to moderate one of the Republican primary debates. Maybe the debate between Trump and Bill Weld and/or any other Republican who wishes to challenge the Dear Leader. Purely a hypothetical since realistically we all know there aren't going to be any Republican primary debates in the 2020 election cycle.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    More like...Hmm what to watch, Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals or anything else.

Not that I have a lot invested in either team, but because of 42 year old Chara, and Krug's 80's new wave haircut...

Let's Go Bruins!

Seriously though, how the hell do you play Stanley Cup Hockey at 42?

6. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    How are you going to pay for it?
    I'm not. Mexico will.

Next question.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Let's see how many hits to the head St. Louis can get away with tonight. Bunch of thugs they are. Strange too with so many Canadians. Hockey must bring out the worst in them.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Freak of nature + ability to avoid bad hits + good teammates + good luck. Pretty much genetic lottery winner. Witness one Tom Brady and we can throw in a Peyton Manning to boot.

I'm pulling for St. Louis because they've never won, and New England has been pulling a bunch of them lately. Having a rookie in goal in a Game 7 is not good for the Blues, though. Should be a great game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    What...they couldn't get Beth Mowins? o_O

(in sarcastic green font)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Did you ask how Trump was paying for his military spending increase? Just curious. What about his tax cut?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    If they got Barry Melrose or Don Cherry to moderate I might have to rethink my programming choices. :)

Oh, BTW, 2-0 St. Louis end of 1st period. Charles Barkley next for analysis. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    The object is to win the election. You accept that you can't win everybody. Talking about the national debt isn't how you appeal to your audience. It's a losing proposition in the Democratic Primary.

There are plenty of details out there for the people who want to find them. Candidates have limited time to answer the question. They're going to hit their talking points.

Again, there are plans out there if you're curious. You don't go into the debates to look into the minutia. You do it to compare the candidates side by side.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Barkley knows his stuff. Maybe they should have a debate where Barkley, Shaq and Kenny ask the questions? And Binnington can swat candidates who give non-responsive answers with his stick. See how topics come together!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    So long as no one is Shaqtn' a fool, I'm good with those guys. I just wonder what their take is on how they would handle the neutral zone trap :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    She should moderate the Rep debates and Laura Ingraham should moderate the Dem debates. Then bring in the ghost of Walter Cronkite to do the general debates

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    Most certainly did and congress decided to continue down the same beaten path. No matter how much the revenues increase in the coffers congress spends more than they take in. Revenue increases year over and congress continually spends more than they take in year over year.

17. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    So the next candidate runs on tax increases and spending cuts. They would get approximately 0 votes

Just to be clear I am agreeing with your post

18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Don’t give out many “Best Post Ever” ratings because of the name of the rating. Well Deserved!

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    North Carolina
    A silly question framed simply in order to criticize Maddow. Don't watch her. I don't watch Hannity, who's 10 times worse than Rachel.
    I'm okay with any moderator from the networks and cable news, including Fox. The Fox people who have moderated knew there was a wider audience and handled themselves well. So will Maddow.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    North Carolina
    The answer will come from the GOP's famous That's Different Department. It may take a few months to get an answer as they are awfully busy these days with the deficit, national debt and tariff wars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1