Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ivana Trump RIP

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Jul 14, 2022.

1. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No loving words on her headstone?

Screenshot_20220802-113851_Google.jpg

2. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Is that permanent or just a placeholder?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. swampspring

swampspring GC Legend

Dec 13, 2009
    Usually those are just placeholders....I could be wrong though. I mean it wouldn't surprise me, but I cant imagine the kids being that selfish to disregard their mother's memory like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. g8trdoc

g8trdoc Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Apparently the poster has no clue about the time it takes to make a headstone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I'm 99.9% sure that is just a placeholder. I can't imagine (even with Trump) that this is what it will look like forever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    It takes some time to chisel “here lies my beloved tax scam”

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, I didn't consider the likelihood it is a placeholder. My bad.

The location is another story.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Also need to consider that these decisions are not all made by the deceased’s survivors.

My father was extremely clear and specific about what he wanted, to the point that he had everything taken care of himself. It wasn’t even close to what we would have done, but to disregard his wishes would be the ultimate disrespect. That was not going to happen.

9. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I have friends that have already bought and paid for their gravesites and their headstones. Headstones are already out there engraved with everything except the date that comes after the dash.

10. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Yeah I'm sure it was Ivana's wish to be buried on her ex-husband's golf course.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I thought this was a joke, but holy shit… she’s buried at the golf course!… and the theory is it’s for a tax break for having a “cemetery” on the property (apparently something he’s been trying to get for years and the town rejected previously).

That is.. amazing. Based on the town of Bedminster rejecting the proper cemetery on previous occasions, I wonder if they were even “allowed” to do this (zoning?). Maybe the family just took the opportunity to put her in the ground, daring the town to do something about it while they go for the tax breaks?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  13. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Screenshot_20220802-115057_Google.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Damn lol

15. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    You really have gone beyond the pale in many of your offensive retorts on this thread. And, yes I have read the entire thread. Even your posts appropriately deleted by Too Hot mods for excessive offense. Yes, there have been posts you might have found offensive, but did they justify you doubling down the insult, further inflaming and escalating the animosity. Why not let it go? Why do you think it necessary to further inflame and escalate the growing animosity on this forum? Someone needs to de-escalate. That could be you, but when you make negative charges of someone who is your political opposite you project your own negative responses and fears onto that person. That is a long established principle of psychology you would do well to learn.

I don't know if you are a member of a church or have any religious context in your life, but you have with little doubt heard or are familiar with a bit of advice to turn the other cheek when offended. It's excellent advice for defusing ugly situations. You and a number of other contributors to this forum would do well to adopt the practice and watch your exchanges with others, on this forum and elsewhere, improve.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I don't take what you're saying as advice, it's a creative jab directed towards me. This is and who you always have been. How many others on the left on TH have you openly called them out for what they've said to me? How many have you pointed out that several of their comments have been deleted by TH mods. I would say none. I don't know why and truthfully; I don't care about what your opinion of me is, never had.

Look you gave me a bullshit apology privately and I knew better, but I turned the other cheek and also apologized knowing you never meant it, you just can't help yourself. Why do you think it necessary to further inflame and escalate the growing animosity between us on this forum? You should really take some of your own advice and quit being so arrogant. But hey just keep on escalating the situation, that's what you like to do

[​IMG]'

[​IMG]I can't block you, but I can ignore and that will easy, see I'm taking your advice for defusing ugly situations.

17. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Screenshot_20220802-115846_Google.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1