Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ivana Trump RIP

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Jul 14, 2022.

1. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    A person died. Only 73. Trump announced it with a classy “tweet” On his forum and complemented her as the mother of three of his children. I don’t understand the nastiness.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  2. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Unfortunately golf don’t help

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Your posts are why. You're a very angry man/woman/transitioning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    No. Hateful things on sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I apologize if mine was perceived that way. It was not my intent, but I shouldn't have said anything. I know next to nothing about the woman, and my philosophy is normally to ask not for whom the bells toll. I'm sure she loved her kids and they her.

7. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    You have to feel sorry for Ivana.

She did allege she was raped by her ex husband.

8. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Okay, enough, let's just return to the point of the thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Facts? A risible statement. More like the hate and animosity contained in much of your posting directed towards others on this forum is a projection of your own anger against those with whom you disagree. Your posts are needlessly mocking and offensive much of the time and despite your past defensive protestations of only giving back what you get, your insults and ugly innuendoes go much too far and ratchet up the resentment and conflict burdening this board.

What Is Projection Psychology And What Does It Reveal About People? Exploring Projection Psychology | MyTherapist

"When you’re arguing with someone, it can be difficult to break through their defenses. One technique they may be using is projection. You have more than likely met someone who projects when they are angry or all the time. You have probably done it as well. Projection is something everything does. In this post, we’ll explain what projection is, how you can argue against someone who is projecting, and how to check your projection.

What Is Projection Psychology?

"The best comparison we can make to projection is a movie theater. In a theater, you see a big screen, and that’s where you see the movie. The movie comes from a projector, locating in the back, in a small area. Sometimes, you may not even notice the projector. Please think of the projector as someone trying to cast their flaws onto that screen where other people see it.

"Projection is when someone tries putting their feelings, flaws, and other quirks towards someone else, usually someone they argue with. Someone who projects will shift the blame to ignore their problems."

It Isn’t Irony, It is Projection: Threatened Karens and Victimized Cops: Full Living: A Psychotherapy Practice: Psychotherapy

Definition of Projection
    "Projection is primitive psychological mechanism used when someone feels a feeling or has a thought that is incongruent with how they want to see themselves. When the feeling or thought surfaces, they must assign it to someone, and since they do not want to own it, they assign it to someone else. It is why people who frequently lie are always accusing other people of lying. It is why cheaters are paranoid that their partners are cheating on them. It is an unconscious activity the projector is unaware they are doing. And if the projector is accused of feeling or thinking the thing they are accusing the other of, they will vehemently deny it, earnestly have so completely distanced themselves from the unattractive projection, that they do not recognize it as theirs.

"Comedian Jordan Klepper of the Daily Show does regular episodes where he interviews people accusing others of the very activity they are involved in, like talking about how other countries disrespect women coming out of the mouth of someone wearing a t-shirt denigrating women. It is a bewildering thing to watch folks so dissociated from their own thoughts, they don’t see what they are doing.

Projection is Common
    "Projection is common, and something most of us do, even somewhat regularly. But frequently, if someone challenges us, we can re-claim our projection. We might be complaining with a friend about how controlling another friend of our is, and then our friend raises their eyebrow and reminds us that we are bothered by our friends controlling behavior because it makes it hard for us to control them. We might laugh, and re-integrate the projection right then. Or we might get huffy and need a day or two before we remember they are right.

"In order to reclaim projections, we need a fair amount of ego strength, because the original goal of projection is to rid ourselves of feelings or thoughts that don’t fit well with our image of ourselves. In order to tolerate knowing about parts of ourselves that we don’t like, we have to understand that humans are not either good or bad. We must understand we can be good and decent people and have ugly and mean thoughts/feelings/wishes/desires. This is what allows us to own the range of our feelings and not be forced to see in others everything we hate about ourselves."

"Projection is confession."

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  10. metalcoater

metalcoater All American

May 30, 2007
    She was 73 and not on suicide watch in prison.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Yeah I’m curious what the conspiracy theorist nutjobs have cooked up. Maybe they’ll tell us it’s a false flag and she’s not really dead?

12. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I've never questioned what a man or woman is, unlike you it's extremely easy for me to distinguish the difference between a vagina and penis. I'm actually a very happy and fun man to be around, it's people like you and others who think they can go around insulting or belittling others with different views, I just shove right back in your little faces and that is where you guys begin to whine. I would expect after reading this you will ban again, for like the 6th time. Lol

13. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Lol, here we go again, your something else. I really liked it better when we quit responding to one another, I guess you just can't help yourself. I knew you would do this again; you can't help yourself.
    Why haven't you ever done this to some of the other posters on the left? You've had multiple opportunities of the years to do so who have posted for worse and still do, but your bias towards me blinds you of that. You've always been this way and that's the reason we dislike one another, I knew you was being disingenuous when apologized to me.
    Once again, I'm not angry, I'm just dishing it back to those who do the same, so you can project all you like.

[​IMG]

14. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    "...Your bias towards me..." Not a chance, though I freely admit to being biased against you. I abhor what you and others clinging to Trump's coattails have done to a once noble and respected GOP - the party that nominated Teddy Roosevelt for president in 1912, the party of Lincoln and Dwight David Eisenhower.
    I don't dislike or hate you. What I feel towards you, and others like yourself who are snared in the lies of the uber-right camp, is pity. My aim and desire is to once again see those who identify as Republican subject themselves to some much needed self examination, attain self awareness and acquire some much needed empathy.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Like I said, you haven't changed, and I don't believe your being honest. Did you even look at some of the remarks made that I was responding to, of course you didn't? I'll leave at that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  16. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
  17. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Do yourself a favor and block that poster