Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Its such a great day! Just turning on the tv at 7:30 and seeing Trump go bye bye....

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by intimigator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tbtwnsnd

tbtwnsnd Premium Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Memphis
    I don’t hate Biden, I just don’t agree with his everyone gets a trophy policies. My wife and her sister own their own Endodontist practice, they are about to get hit hard in the upcoming 2-3 years and especially if Biden wins a second term. As for myself I have a bachelors degree and have worked very hard the last 11 years out of college just to see Minimum wage go to $15/hour. I’m sorry but if you’re working at a fast food joint you should not be making what I made straight out of college. Guess who was president when I was in college... Obama.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PD

PD GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Leaving DC like a refugee in the middle of the night, saturated in ignominy, Federal and state prosecutors poised to carpet-bomb him, his family and entire inner circle with indictments in the next 6 months...the perfect send-off for this sewer troll.

Meanwhile, the entire nation outside of the white supremacy cells are feeling the filth of 5 years of hell washing off their bodies, welcoming the new President and Vice President who will restore dignity, decency and democracy to our once great nation.

Even most republicans who supported the angry orange menace are breathing a huge sigh of relief today. They will never admit it out loud, never hint at it in the light of day, but deep in the empty void where their hearts once were, they know what they did. They know they were wrong, they know the seditious insurrection was the monster that they created and fed until it grew too big to control, and attacked them as indiscriminately as they attacked the people they created them to attack.

The rest of us are walking on air. EVERY living former President and First Lady are there to honor not only ushering pure evil out of our sacred buildings and institutions, but ushering in Joe Biden - the living embodiment of the bygone age when Democrats and Republicans disagreed and argued, but never demonized each other for profit; they worked together to actually govern. And they are ushering in Kamala Harris, the living embodiment of the future of America that has been imagined, envisioned, and promised for so long but never delivered: an America and American Dream that is genuinely inclusive and available to all, with representation that is genuinely representative, where full rights and protections under the law are equally applied to all, and a nation built and operated of, by and for the people - ALL the people.

This day will be recorded in future history books as a tectonic pivot point for America and for democracy across the globe. When the people rose up against a blitzkrieg of Fascism, driven by massive calculated treason in our own ranks, and held firm and endured. And not through might and violence, not with weapons and bloodshed, like we did the last time a group of traitors and seditious domestic terrorists - the Confederates - tried to destroy America. This crushing of seditious insurrection was done with votes; it was done with the very institutions and Constitutional dictates that the traitors spent 5 years trying to destroy.

And by using the tools of democracy and the voices of the vast majority of the people, rather than weapons and wartime force, this stand for the Union through the process of defending the Union, proved that the tools and institutions of our democracy work in the face of the worst attack, from a coordinated effort of enemies abroad and traitors within. And they will always work, IFF the majority of Americans are good and decent and show the courage and will to act to save themselves from tyranny.

So yeah...pretty good day today.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    My effective tax change last year was about a .5% increase.

Of course, the stock market did much better under Obama (and Clinton for that matter) than trump.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. PetrolGator

PetrolGator Lawful Neutral Premium Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Herndon, Virginia
    Right? It's like no one bothered reading the tax bill in question. I mean, my family benefitted from the cuts (mostly, less so thanks to Louisiana law), but I still opposed them. Either way, in times of prosperity, we pay down our debts, not cut revenue. GOP doesn't get to pretend to be the party of austerity now that they've lost control of government and used the time to substantially expand the debt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    This thought has occurred to me more than once.

7. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Although today is the Inauguration, it feels like it must feel after a treasured friend has betrayed you. Even when I know ugliness is everywhere, it still jarred me to have experienced the ugliness of Trump and his supporters as their betrayal was so vividly on display on January 6. Trump and his supporters have diminished America, and, as with every betrayal, themselves.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. RIP

RIP Election Prediction Savant Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    So they make over $400k/year. How many of us does this actually apply to? Also I'm sure anyone making that much will have help finding clever ways to not pay the full amount of taxes. It sucks for them but they also benefit from a completely broken healthcare system.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    Lot of reporting and pics of his family and inner circle leaving the WH with busts, paintings and other permanent property of the state. Uh, those aren’t parting gifts, looters!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  10. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, all you people who make over $400,000/yr, get ready to finally pay your fair share of taxes again.

The rest of the country will be crying for your loss.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s very telling that you don’t care about a Russian agent in the office of the presidency, babies in cages, obliteration of the Constitution and the rule of law, cheating in two presidential elections, hundreds of thousands of public lies from the POTUS, over half a million Americans dead from covid bec the POTUS was too lazy to do anything and wanted to politicize the pandemic instead, violent seditious insurrection, a career sexual assaulter in the Oval Office, and a billion more atrocities....

NONE of that matters to you.

No, YOU only care about your marginal tax increasing a little, YOU only care that you might be made to actually contribute a little for the common good of the nation, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHO ISN’T RICH HAS BEEN DOING FOREVER.

That tells a very sad story about you and your soul.

Honest to God, if you make over $400,000, there is literally nothing in this world you could ever need that you can’t have. And you’re going to complaint that you can’t keep even MORE money, rather than contributing a little of that amount that you will never live long enough to spend, and apply it to reconstituting all the infrastructure and institutions that allowed you to make all that money, without which you’d be struggling to stay alive, like the majority of Americans do.

Just sad, man. Truly sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. tbtwnsnd

tbtwnsnd Premium Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Memphis
    If that makes me a bad person to vote republican and think of my family (2 kids as well) situation first then so be it. Could Trump done a better job with Covid... of course and that was the reason I was close for voting Biden in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. tbtwnsnd

tbtwnsnd Premium Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Memphis
    My wife makes more than me and for her to go to school until she was 30 years old to have money taken from us is not ideal either. Did you think of that one?

• Like Like x 1
  15. PD

Apr 3, 2007

Yes. It does. It makes you a terrible, horrific person.

Glad you own it. If even only sarcastically in your inability to give a crap about anyone but yourself.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  16. tbtwnsnd

tbtwnsnd Premium Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Memphis
    I give a crap about my family and kids bc in the end that’s what we have. I care for others and help people more than you ever would know.

• Like Like x 2
  17. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    In all those years of schooling, did she ever learn something called The Social Contract? Did she ever learn anything about how a country works, how America is able to exist as a nation and society, at all? Ever take and pay attention to a civics class in 4th grade?

Did you?

Do you have any concept of the term “privilege”?

I know the answers. I am just wired to try to reach the unreachable.

18. PD

Apr 3, 2007
    Haha! Hyeah, right. Won’t give a penny in tax for anyone else, and are too selfish to even realize that YOU benefit from the taxes you pay more than you benefit from keeping them.

4 years of Trump atrocities against humanity, and all you care about is hoarding your marginal pennies like Scrooge McDuck, while the rest of the nation burns.

But yeah, you care about other people and help other people. Your truthful words betray your puffery.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. tbtwnsnd

tbtwnsnd Premium Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Memphis
    My wife is in a field dominated by men and she kicks their ass everyday. So nobody needs to tell us about privilege. I’m not coming at you and I see what you are saying but if it puts money in the bank to pay for my kids college, weddings etc then so be it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. littlebluelw

littlebluelw Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 1