Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

It Must Be Interesting

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by The_RH_Factor, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I can’t freaking believe you’re questioning keeping Dan Mullen after the 2020 season. It’s absurd posts like this that drive the fracture in our fan base mentioned above.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

We have a lot of really bad fans out there. And this place is indeed trending in the direction of that other message board. It seems time for someone to change the last line of “We Are The Boys”. It simply doesn’t apply anymore

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Doesn't Kirby arrive in a helicopter that he lands right next to the stands for every big recruit? I honestly think arriving in a helicopter that lands right next to the endzone is way more of a statement then arriving on a jet the recruits never see.. but also even though I wish they prioritized football more the UAA has been pretty good at keeping our profit line in the black so they have some money for a university jet... or two. I was shocked at how many good universities actually run a loss. Maybe we could sell one of the jets and allocate that money to the football recruiting budget. :confused:

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    Dan makes more than Kirby. That right there is a big difference in the recruiting budget gap

5. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    I didn't question keeping him, but you are the leader in giving him a pass for the "covid" season. Now we give him a pass for this season. He got a pass for the first season. His entire career here as a head coach has been giving him a pass. When is it on him to win a championship?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

He got a pass for the first season”
    Did you really say that? Yep you did. That’s enough to convince me it’s a total waste of time trying to reason with you.

“A pass for the first season” - wow

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    I’ll bet he gets a nice raise after this season.

8. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    I stand by it. I agree he should get a pass for the first season, he had a lot if things to clean up. I do have problems continually finding reasons to give him passes in year 3 and 4. I'm sure next year we can find something also.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Can we still blame Meyer, Muschamp and McElwain? Foley also?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    You left out Stricklin and the UAA too.. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. gator10

gator10 GC Legend

Nov 23, 2015
    Mullen should either take a salary reduction like harbaugh did or donate a portion of his salary to the university like paterno did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    My interpretation of the purpose of the OP is that people who are otherwise rational, wise and patient Sunday through Friday somehow transform into something different on Saturdays during college football season. We do , and that's why it is fun , as well as particularly interesting to a psychiatrist.
    As for Grantham, I think he is absolutely gone after this year. No doubt in my mind. I think part of the reason is evidence of his defensive prowess or lack thereof , which should be pretty obvious by now, but probably more importantly, he won't put up a fight with DM. I think he is loyal to Coach Mullen and will not want to stay where he is not wanted, where he will be a distraction and where it could cost Mullen his job.

13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Totally agree - I’ve been banned from game threads multiple times, been thrown out of bars twice, broken shit…..I cannot fault anybody for losing it on game day. Even the day after. It’s the shit I read from ‘Gator fans’ here Monday thru Friday that’s what’s really effed up

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    Which is why, if I can help it, I won't post anything the day of, or day after, the game on Sat. Nothing I say will be worth a crap ( not that anything else is but I have a better shot). Any post on Sat is either all testosterone or all estrogen. Or, all of a sudden I am Nostradamus: "I knew this would happen" or " I told you so." If I wrote anything after the first Q of the Bama game, you would think I went to FSU. If I wrote anything at the end of the game, you would think I personally hired Coach Mullen. It's basically venting with no other meaningful point. Maybe that's the point: no meaningful point.... except to spontaneously yell with fingers and then change my mind later. It's funny , fun and ridiculous at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    ^^Yea, I've reverted to avoiding football game threads. I visit most all the forums, but Swamp Gas and especially game threads have become the worst, The repetitive bitching, whining and criticizing players is worse than the typical political debates on thfsg, not to mention the cutesy name calling.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Agreed.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  17. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Please PM me with the other forums that aren’t trying to emulate that chatter board like this place is apparently trying to do.

18. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Stop crying facepalmers. When Mullen is shown the door and we are in a ditch you will realize he was way overpaid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

That can be interpreted two different ways

20. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Yep, Saban does the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 1