Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

It Must Be Interesting

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by The_RH_Factor, Oct 25, 2021.

1. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Point?

Therefore shut up about TG, let him earn 1 1/2 mil to suck out loud for another yeae, bc he might leave?

Hows about we help him out with that decision...let him know he dun wore out his welcome...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    I had this thought this weekend.
    That TG is out the door, knows it, and isn't working too hard.

I mean- how hard is it to stop that basic running play that LSU kept doing over and over?
    It cant' be that hard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GatorMatt06

GatorMatt06 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    First of all, what? The whole knock on him was that UGA/UL/MSU fans were telling us he brings endless ridiculous blitzes that give up 3rd downs every time or that he did the throat slash against us and was a classless Dawg coach.

Second of all, you want people to not discuss hypotheticals based on history because you’ve ordained a counter hypothetical based on history? Lol

I mean you’re entitled to an opinion and I respect it but IDK why you think others aren’t.

4. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    If he's already got his bags packed, isn't he a detriment to our team?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. GatorMatt06

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    This is my biggest problem right now with that logic.

If he’s sticking around trying to save his job but doesn’t have a shot, will he be able to motivate players or will he be checked out?

And if he is already gone officially behind the scene, even moreso.

This is like when you lay someone off but ask them to work their last 2 weeks. Good luck getting much out of them.

Yeah you could say he’ll be motivated by his pay or his next job’s pay, but someone will pay him over $1m for his next job and he gets his current paycheck regardless. There’s no reason to keep him and other programs would have demoted or fired him already to send a message to the staff and locker room after that LSU game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    By the way, what’s happened to David Reese this year?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I see you are very familiar with strawman arguments - which comes as no surprise. But as long as you’re pushing the argument, stating that I am ‘personally invested in defending Mullen to the end’ has a ring of truth. It all comes down to our definition of “the end”. For some of y’all it was several games ago. Then there’s that ‘in all kinds of weather we’ll all stick together’ brand of loyalty that defines “the end” a bit farther out. Fans like that are a huge part of why Clemson rose to the top of the heap in the last several years. You guys would have never tolerated keeping Dabo around long enough to build his program. Me?…..

For now I’ll put “the end” a few years farther out — unless Mullen either:
    1) starts Jones against Georgia, or
    2) keeps Grantham beyond the end of this season.
    Either would be just cause to bring out the hook for our head coach.

So we probably aren’t as far apart as it seems - the difference is I’m not rattling the sabres and lighting crosses and calling for his head while this season plays out. Gotta stand behind our team until “the end”, because “the end” may not come for a very long time. Personally I hope that’s the case

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

20/20 hindsight is easy

9. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    Now you are using logical fallacies

You said your line in the sand was EJ starting or extending Grantham. Let’s assume Dan does this and you turn negative

Then the team flames out in 2022 (as we both would expect in this scenario) but then some random poster in November 2022 says that we only knew it because hindsight is 20/20

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

huh?

11. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    What don’t you understand? Why would the fact that many wanted TG last year less credible than you wanting him gone at the end of the year?

12. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I would say to the OP that some of us understand that we are an underdog to georgia almost entirely because their staff has been more successful at what it takes to build exceptionalism. Kirby and his staff exemplify The Gator Standard more so than CDM and his staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. GatorMatt06

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    LMAO you legitimately circle all the way back to my original point to say the same thing and I’m the one rattling a saber?

I think there’s no difference between our position but you’ve decided to build me up as someone actively campaigning to get rid of Mullen. I’m not. I think he may not be the guy but it’s not definitive and he deserves some more time to try to correct deficiencies and I’m excited to see what he can do with AR.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Noah_Brindise

Noah_Brindise All American

Shockingly Dabo made changes when things went south and that's the reason he kept his job. We had a year of the defense costing us every loss and wasting a championship level offense yet Grantham was kept around. After West Va destroyed Clemson in the Orange Bowl Dabo went out and got Venables. It's easy to play the "Gator fans are too tough" game and ignoring the details.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Lotta battered spouse syndrome vs enough ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Some of yall need to chill, I was talking about he was gonna probably leave after this season anyways based on his track record. He'd be doing us a favor. Not once in that post did i advocate keeping him, accepting what he's doing or even not criticizing him. Sheesh!!!! I can't even post a post just for conversation purposes with out rude ass responses like "point?" Isn't the point of a message board to post messages? I mean you act like I came on and said "yall stop picking on the guy" I simply said he may already be planning to leave based on his history of 3-4 years and gone and that WE (myself included) may just be wasting our time wondering if he'll be fired.

• Like Like x 2
  17. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Absolutely

• Like Like x 1
  18. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    TG was widely criticized for his rather "Nomadic" approach to his coaching stops and if you look back at his resume it was not without merit as he often found new homes... never said the over aggressive blitzing was not a knock on him, not sure where you got that from as I never said him changing jobs was his only knock, he has plenty,

And to your second point where did I say people can't discuss hypothetical because of whatever you said. Not once, I said WE (as in myself too) may be just wasting our time wondering if he's gonna get fired or be retained and the while time he might just be already planning to bolt town. Not even sure how you came to the conclusion that I think others are not allowed to have opinions.

Man, I can't even join in on the replace TG conversation without getting blasted. Yall really need to chill out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    TG switching jobs wasn’t about him wanting a new challenge, it was about him wearing out his welcome

• Like Like x 1
  20. swamp life

swamp life Senior

Aug 12, 2017
    Jacksonville
    What i hate is the fact we seem to be on different trajectories.. Georgia is loading up for an undefeated season and national title. They have gone toe to toe with bama the last several years and probably should have won at least one of those. Kirby is building a monster with 5 stars all over the place.
    We are floundering at best. Lame duck DC.. Piss poor recruiting and a HC that doesn't understand putting your best players on the field regardless of time in program.
    We need to do something soon or georgia is gonna put us in the rearview mirror and not look back.
    Putting the orange and blue glasses back on now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1