Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

It is gratifying watching a well-coached Florida team

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by MadduxFanII, Dec 31, 2019.

1. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    All you need to know is that from a team composite recruiting ranking percentage, UTenn is very close to us in overall talent level (which you wouldn't know just looking at the respective results). CDM is building a program, doing it the correct way. As CDM said in his post game interview, it's harder to go from 10 to 11 wins than it is to go from 4 to 10 wins. The other side of that is as CDM gets his roster to where he wants it to be, both O & D get more flexibility in what they are able to do.

I think the recruiting classes will improve steadily in the coming years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    Who is in charge of cleats? Announcer commented the UVA changed cleats after slipping early in the game, but I heard no mention of our cleats and we continued to slip all game long.

3. gatorPUNX

gatorPUNX GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    YES!

4. florida72

florida72 Freshman

Dec 31, 2019
    +1 to the OP.

5. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Brian Greasy is a fool in general, and a completely biased imbecile when it comes to UF. Too bad Spurs whipped his Pappy for the Heisman, then had a legendary coaching career. Pappy did all right in the NFL, but only because of Don Shula and a stellar supporting cast. When he got hurt, Earl Morrall stepped in and did every bit as well. Pappy Greasy wasn't all that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. thenazz

thenazz Freshman

Sep 4, 2017
    Albuquerque
    The EJ strategy: Confusion to the enemy ... and the fans! It's all good, for now ...

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It is even more gratifying when watching FSU. Brad Nessler: "Another turnover, you gotta be kidding me!"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    brian was showing some love last night.

there was a moment that caused some confusion in the game thread where I think he commented the CDM was not happy and got blasted for the comment. I thought he was referring to when Dan was up the OL asses early in the the 3rd for lousy play and was was definitely not happy at that time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gatorgrad93

gatorgrad93 Freshman

Apr 3, 2007
    The game showed recruits too that they will get a chance playing for Mullen to be the hero of the game and that he trusts his players... or at least you can find a place of trust with him.

10. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Legend

Jul 24, 2010
    It was a wonderful game to watch...could it be that Trask on the Heisman watch next year?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Well, it's not supposed to be obvious. It keeps the opponents defensive coaches guessing and not knowing what is going to happen next.

12. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wow, you’re old enough to remember Leak/Tebow? Impressive. What are you like 21 or something?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Nope. Brian was biased against UF in some of his game comments last night. One example was when Pitts was called for offensive pass interference. Pitts penalty was not obvious. The UVA player fell down by himself more than he was pushed. He was also critical of Pitts blocking. When his sidekick pointed out Pitts blocking that sprung Perine, he didn't retract his words.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Swampgenie

Swampgenie GC Hall of Fame

Apr 30, 2007
    Trask mobility is limited. This game wasn't his best and his play was spotty. 6 batted down passes, struggled with accuracy and was lucky his fumble was ruled down. Maybe rusty from long lay off. I thought we should have run the ball more. Right down their throat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. gator_lyn

gator_lyn Junior

Oct 28, 2017
    Cowboys just fired Garrett

Gotta admit a small part of me is just a tad bit nervous

After a traumatic near-decade of Gator football I worry a lot that the good times never last

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Made all the moreso by how long it's been since we've seen it. Longing makes the heart grow fonder. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    During our 8 year purgatory (2010 - 2017) I was just longing to have an offense ranked in 2 digits rather than 3. Mullen has us in the top 30 now and clearly trending up, our games are fun to watch again!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. beemerthegator

beemerthegator All American

Dec 1, 2019
    Just think how great it is to just be holding serve and winning the games we are supposed to win. That is in fact a major accomplishment in college football. Most teams fail to show up and play well enough each Saturday to beat all the teams they are supposed to beat.

My belief is we really have lost only one game under Mullen where our team came out and laid an egg -- Missouri at home in 2018. You could argue Kentucky in 2018 was similar, but I view it differently because it was just Mullen's third game as our coach (or 4th? I'm not sure) and he was still trying to gain buy in and trust from the team and get them up to speed.

Mullen is a great coach. These first two years have been excellent and I think they are just the teaser as to what is to come.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. returntono1

returntono1 Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    Orlando
    Trust the Mullen...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I loved watching Bob Griese play. I'm done with his son, though. He rooted shamelessly for VA all night during the Orange Bowl, just like he did in Orlando when we played Miami. I gave him a pass for a bad night in Orlando, but, a pattern has emerged. Hope he never calls another game of ours because he can't stay neutral.

• Agree Agree x 2