Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

It’s Official: VA Lt. Gov’s Sexual Assault Allegation Has Become Another Dumpster Fire For Democrats

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by philobeddoe, Feb 5, 2019.

1. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Oh boy …….. let's see if this guy gets Kavanaughed by the feminist SJWs.

It’s Official: VA Lt. Gov’s Sexual Assault Allegation Has Become Another Dumpster Fire For Democrats

Well, it’s official. The sexual assault allegation against Virginia Democratic Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax has become a total dumpster fire for Democrats. The allegation has zero corroboration, but allegedly Fairfax sexually assaulted a woman during the Democratic National Convention back in 2004. The Washington Post, WUSA9, and other Virginia news outlet shave known about this allegation but didn’t run with it because they couldn’t verify the story. Fairfax has strongly denied the allegation and said the encounter was consensual.

Gee—was there someone cough* Kavanaugh cough* who faced similar shoddy allegations, but was smeared as a sexual predator in an attempt to block his Supreme Court nomination? Yes, there was, which makes this whole story all the more satisfying. The Left’s own rules have ensnared one of them and the irony is thick. I don’t like seeing people’s lives destroyed over baseless allegations, but as I said, these aren’t my rules. Now, they’re getting punched in the mouth with them.

Regardless of the allegation, who leaked it? Well, Fairfax has a primary suspect: embattled Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam, who is facing a political crisis of his own after his yearbook page from his days at Eastern Virginia Medical School back in 1984, featured a racist photo showing two men, one of them wearing blackface and the other in full Ku Klux Klan regalia. He apologized and admitted he was in the photo, but then retracted the apology, and said that wasn’t him, BUT he did engage in blackface while participating in a dance competition; he dressed as Michael Jackson.

…………………………..

And now, Fairfax’s accuser has hired the firm that helped Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who initially came forward with a sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, which also couldn’t be corroborated (via NPR):

• Like Like x 2
  2. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    I think these old allegations should be viewed with a lot of skepticism. It is almost impossible to prove a negative to begin with and then to add to it the amount of time that has passed. The burden of proof should be very high and it should be on the accuser.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I’m sure that this will be the preferred position of every person who was screaming “We must believe all woman!” During the Kavanaugh hearing.

4. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Makes perfect sense.
    Democrats have been rubbing people the wrong way for decades.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    2020 Presidential hopeful Cory Booker was a profile in courage today when asked if he believed Fairfax’s accuser stated that the focus should be on getting Northam to resign.

It’s seems impossible to get a Democratic Senator on the record on whether they believe Fairfax’s accuser. Most are saying they aren’t aware of the accusation and Bernie went so far as to pull the fake phone call today to avoid answering the question.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Fairfax should follow Northam's lead. He should apologize for the sexual assault, and then say the next day that it wasn't him.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I like the idea. Unfortunately Fairfax has already stated the encounter happened and it was consensual, so that option is off the table.

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Au contraire, Northam had already stated that he was sorry he was in that picture, and then he said it didn't happen, he wasn't in the picture. There's no reason that Fairfax can't do the same thing. The fact that it's completely absurd is beside the point. American politics today is as absurd as you can get.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gator10010

gator10010 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 23, 2008
    It's odd that this thread hasn't blown up like the Kavanaugh thread did.

• Like Like x 1
  10. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Hopefully, the accusation will be investigated. Strange headline though. “Another Dumpster Fire for the Democrats?” What does that mean? I get the OP though when it refers to the “rules.” Like listening to an accuser and investigation the accusation fairly. Maybe the Republican way is different?

11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Winning statement right here. As a rule, I don’t like charges of this nature coming to surface years later either. In many cases, they are impossible to prove or disprove, which means the only real potential effect is to smear the accused with no real opportunity to clear their name. The exception, in my opinion, is when the first whistleblower brings to light other credible accusers, as in the Cosby and Weinstein cases. That may happen here or not. We will see. In my experience, predators don’t just take advantage of one person one time and then never again.

Back to your point, it’s going to be amusing watching some on the left equivocate and backpedal on positions they held firmly with respect to Kavanaugh.

“We must believe women! ... except this one. This one is lying.”

“The delay in bringing charges means nothing! ... except in this case it means she’s really confused or straight-up lying”

“The fact that no one can corroborate her story means nothing; it’s not like men rape in front of witnesses ... except in this case, we will need the accuser to produce three male witnesses unrelated to her, consistent with Sharia law on the subject.”

“The fact that she cannot provide details necking down the date and location means nothing; in fact, it further suggests how traumatized the victim is ... oh, this Fairfax accuser can provide those details? Well, then you see she must not have been traumatized because she wasn’t assaulted.”

• Like Like x 3
  12. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    It’s odd you and your buddies are not shouting for his innocence with all caps.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

Fortunately he’s not up for a lifetime appointment and the voters can decide his fate. There’s little need for anyone to go to the mat for this guy the way republicans did for Kavanaugh given the stakes. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  14. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    If there is no corroboration, then in my opinion, he is INNOCENT!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    And consider me on the mat, or mattresses, or the ring for the guy!
    If there is corroboration, I’m ready to listen.

16. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    If he was a pub, I'm sure the OP would never have started the thread and would be professing his innocence. Irony is rich.
    If he is guilty, adios. If not, move on. Back to basketball.

17. wgbgator

I think everyone is, right?

18. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Ah! (palms forehead) I failed to anticipate that particular equivocation.

"This is different because a lifetime appointment was at stake. In the case of elected officials, we go back to principles of rule of law, burden of proof, and innocent until proven guilty."

Oh, well. I think I got some of them in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  19. wgbgator

I mean investigate the hell out of it. Too bad they barely did anything like that for Kavanaugh before rushing to vote.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Is his accuser pursuing the allegations? Willing to testify under oath? We don’t even have her name. I’m all for hearing her out and investigating if she wants to pursue it.

This isn’t as big of a deal as Rapenaugh because Northram hasn’t resigned yet and the political stakes are far less high - the remainder of a 4 year governorship, not a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court.

• Like Like x 2