Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

IT’S HAPPENING… Sean Hannity: “The Deep State House of Cards — Mark My Words — It’s About to Come Cr

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Mar 9, 2019.

1. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I'm not a fan of Rachel either, but she was going off the other night and I can't say I disagree with her.

2. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    I would like very much to know what was said between Cohen and Schiff in their meeting and I'd also like very much to know what was said in the meeting/encounters between Trump and Putin, but I probably won't get to know what was said in those meetings, encounters. Oh well...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    No. Do you really believe witnesses walk cold into hearings? Do you understand that they meet with staff and member or Senators ahead of time so questions can be focused?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. flgator2

flgator2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    He talked to Cohen for 10 hours privately

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Who cares? There is no impropriety in his doing so.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. fortunateson

fortunateson Junior

Oct 4, 2015
    FAKE NEWS! How you like them apples?!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    They didn't have to stand out, they didn't have to be better. They only had to matter a little as the difference in the 3 states was only 88,000 votes.

8. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Do you really think that the Russian IRA social media had any effect when it was competing against all of those other entities on social media for the people in the mid-West. That the IRA was better at micro-targeting than the DNC, RNC, and all the organizations like the NRA and DFA who were competing for all the voters?

9. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    We do have Representative Collins on the House Intel Committee unilaterally releasing transcripts of Page, Ohr, Strzok and others and refusing to redact classified or law enforcement sensitive information. A complete abdication of his role on an intelligence committee. I am happy to know what was said, but that guy should be removed from the Committee. At minimum.

10. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Any time I say, type, or hear Russian IRA, I always imagine Putin dressed up as a Leprechaun.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Yes. And as an American it pisses me off that they were doing so and enrages me that political weasels who have benefitted from all this country has to offer, were helping them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    The Internet Research Agency that is located in Russia, is better at micro-targeting key voting demographics in the Mid-West and persuading them to do something than the political parties and political PACs than spend millions and millions of dollars and use advance analytic data algorithms they purchase from different social media platforms to do it?

13. fredsanford

fredsanford Premium Member

Dec 1, 2008
    That’s why they shared data and targets with them.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    So you are saying that Manafort directly shared data with the Internet Research Agency?

15. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    They didnt have to be better - they only had to nudge the needle a smidge and they had voter data supplied to them to help out. I dislike the influence of money in politics (boo Citizen;s United) but at least the American PAC's are American

16. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    So how much was the IRA spending a month in the run up to the 2016 election?

Compare that to how much was being spent by every campaign, PAC, issue group, ever month during the ‘16.

What are we looking at in terms of percentages?

17. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    I doubt the Russians ever release the amount of money they spent to influence our election. However, more than 150 million Americans saw Russian generated content on FB alone. Many millions more on Twitter and whatever other social media is out there. As an American it should piss you off.
    Facebook has just revealed 150m Americans saw Russian election propaganda and senators are furious

18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yes, probably. One interesting thing about Social Media posts: false information spreads faster than true information. Why? Because false information can be sculpted to make it spread more rapidly based on what we know about information diffusion. When an establishment organization, like the DNC or the RNC spreads a false piece of information, they get called on it, they get covered, and their reputation takes a hit. When a shady group with no ties does it, who has to answer for it? Nobody. So you lose the downside of spreading false information while maintaining the advantage of doing so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
  20. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    You don’t think there are a lot of shady PACs out there putting focus group tested but questionable accurate information out on social media?

• Winner Winner x 1