Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

IT’S HAPPENING… Sean Hannity: “The Deep State House of Cards — Mark My Words — It’s About to Come Cr

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Mar 9, 2019.

1. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That the “other side” not liking someone makes you like them more should demonstrate that you aren’t searching for the truth but that you’ve instead joined a tribe that you want to win.

However you should consider that the other sides your fighting aren’t your enemies. They’re Americans. It’s Make America Great Again, not make republicans great again.

We are all on your team fl.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Yes I do. No argument at all. I'm just looking for the truth, whatever that may be. Mikey the fixer and king donnie are not the most credible sources in my opinion which could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Actually I do I read articles and check out sites that you guys quote from all the time. I don't look at you and a few others on this site as enemies at all. There's also several that post things that I agree with

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So those are the losers that you go to. I admittedly listen to commentators that aren't really objective. The difference between the commentators that I listen to and Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh is that while Rachel Maddow is not exactly objective at least she relies on facts not fictional narratives.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Why should there be a problem? Using a very similar analogy before a prosecutor brings a witness before a grand jury he or she has extensive discussions with the witness before the witness testifies. Nothing improper about Schiff speaking with Cohen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I think the lesson we should have taken away from Whitewater, the Plame Investigation, the Clinton email investigation and the IG’s report on the Clinton investigation is that the federal investigations are not going to produce the results that partisans have been promised. Karl Rove was not given “24 business hours” to conclude his affairs. There weren’t illegal arm sales going on in Lybia when Hillary was SecState. Bill was messing around with an intern and lying about it but that was all it could be proven was going on. The grand conspiracies that each side seems to believe will be exposed don’t really seem to happen post-Watergate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He may have had a meltdown, I'll take your word for it. That video certainly didn't show it. If you are a fan of election day meltdown videos you must have been on cloud nine in 2016.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Whether or not you call it a meltdown, Rove was genuinely shocked and he clearly didn't anticipate that Obama would be reelected. I would agree that a number of Democrats felt the same after Trump was elected in 2016.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I think Rove fell for the Romney campaign’s projections of what the turn out would look like. During that campaign there was a big debate over sample sizes of polls. The Obama campaign actually called out a major polling firm over their sample size (not Russmusson). I still remember an interview that Gibbs or Axlerod gave where he came off as so confident that they knew the numbers of votes that they had by county in battleground states that it made me very nervous as someone supporting Romney. I think Romney’s microtargeting system, Prohect Orca, completely flopped while Obama’s was a Ferrari.

The one thing I think that has not been given enough credit is the RNC microtargeting system in the Mid-West that was probably the difference in the ‘16 election. While the Trump campaign relied on earned media, the RNC sank a lot of money into infrastructure to turn out voters.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
  11. jmoliver

jmoliver GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I dont "go to" any of these losers (or any others). I can't understand anyone listening to Rush but hey, its a free country.

• Like Like x 2
  12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Giving credit where credit is due, I do think a factor in Trump's victory was flipping blue collar workers in the rust belt to Trump and then ensuring that they turned out on election day. Turnout in that targeted demographic was higher than it been in the last couple of elections. Perhaps even more significant was lower turnout among normally Democratic voters, specifically younger voters and minorities. If turnout among that demographic was the same in 2016 as it was in 2012 and 2008, Clinton almost certainly would been elected, keeping in mind that Trump's margin in PA, MI and WI was under one percent in each state. The lower turnout was the result of situation created by Hillary and the DNC (the perception that both represented the establishment) helped along by the Russian social media campaign. As I stated in other posts, while Trump's antics really gin up his base they also helped another demographic, white educated suburban women, from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party and they also mobilized the same Democratic voters that stayed home or voted third party in 2016. As I mentioned before, Democratic candidates for the Senate and governorship won in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and that was despite visits by Trump in the latter two and in the case of Pennsylvania two pep rallies in the state by Trump could not avert double-digit losses by the Republicans that were supposed to be the beneficiaries of the pep rallies. While there never is a sure thing, my money is on a victory by the Democratic candidate in the three rust belt swing states that Trump flipped in 2016.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Good to hear fl. I think if we start from the point of recognizing that we all have the same goals (eg make life better), we are more likely to find ways to work together to achieve those goals.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I believe that Johnson won re-election in Wisconsin which was a surprise as he was going up against Feingold.

Do you really think the Russian IRA social media antics had any significant impact on the election?

• Like Like x 2
  15. fredsanford

fredsanford Premium Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Yes.

Trump won the election by 88k votes in 3 states. States where African Americans were heavily targeted to stay home and not vote for "2 of the same" candidates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    And you think that it is more likely that African Americans did not turn out due to social media postings rather than the fact Clinton was an awful candidate, did not show up in any of those states to campaign, and an African American was not on the top of the ballot for the first time in 8 years?

In 2016, African American turn out was down across the board when compared to '08 and '12.
    Study: Black turnout slumped in 2016

• Like Like x 1
  17. fredsanford

fredsanford Premium Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Social media targeting was a factor with AAs. So was the targeting driving people to Soviet Jill Stein. "Vote for a real liberal!"

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Whether you like his political views or not, he does bring well informed people to his shows... very smart informed people with real facts to back their rhetoric.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    I don't listen to any of the commentators you mentioned. I listen to a Face The Nation, Meet The Press, Fox, CNN and/or other interviews from time to time but the regular news programs, not much. I also don't read or listen to very much local news either anymore. This is kind of ironic because I graduated from UF in 1978 with a Bachelors in Journalism/ News Editing.

20. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    But you think the Russian's IRA activities were so good that they had more influence and stood out in the crowded social media environment more so than every political candidates, PAC, and Special Interest group during the '16 election?

• Winner Winner x 2