Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Is Pinder coming?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by ncbullgator15, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Why did Harris do a troll job on us during his signing ceremony? What did we do to that clown do deserve that treatment? Totally uncalled for and classless. Oh wait, Jimbo probably put him up to it. No wonder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ncbullgator15

ncbullgator15 Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    Jimbo's bitter. His marriage got punked by a Gator.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bernie_lomax

bernie_lomax Junior

Jan 26, 2016
    It’s kind of mind blowing. How is there no adult in his life - parent, Coach, teacher - that catches wind of his planned antics (I mean WE even knew) and tells him to be respectful? Isn’t Gulliver a top notch private school too?

UF and other programs offered him a chance to play football, get an education, and get treated pretty well. Nobody disrespected him. But he chose to rub the UF coach’s, team member’s, fan’s, and program’s nose in it. It was an intentional and unprovoked show of disrespect to a pretty powerful institution. I get he’s an immature kid but zero guidance either apparently. So yes I hope he’s stuck behind fadil diggs his whole career at Tex 7&5 Univ.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

No I think there was a motive actually. Texas AM was his next school. If there wasn’t a motive there why was a Georgia hat up there? Why would a legacy recruit do that? Anyway hope he enjoys Stanford

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Is stiffler’s mom still alive?

6. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Some kids just don’t have role models and it shows. But then again , some also have parents that are just that type of people. The kids really have no idea what having class really is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Well( chuckle) , it’s pretty classless for us to be laughing about that but I’m going to hell I guess anyway.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Public image and reality can be surprisingly disturbing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    My perception is with what we are putting on the field, great coaches, upward trajectory, a state rich in talent, why are we not in the top 5 or 6 of recruiting? Some of the top schools are not crossing fingers for last minute flips, they've done their work way ahead of time. We got some great coaches, I'll give us an A- but when it comes to recruiting I give us a B-. We need better.
    I think a lot of disappointment yesterday and today was the thought of an avalanche but instead it was a complete whiff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. biggynugs

biggynugs Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    On the disrespect thing, weren’t we trying to flip commits who had been committed to other schools? I’m all for the love and war thing, but these kids decided to end their recruitment early and decide to commit to a&m, Alabama, and unc. we asked them to take a second look, essentially asked them to continue playing the game that they already ended. And in the end, they all stuck with their original commitments, as did all of our commits. that’s what I would expect.
    I think we as fans wanted to see the continued momentum from a more successful than expected season translate into signing day magic, but that is just us projecting.

If they had committed to us, and pulled the last minute hat switcheroo bullshit, I’d be pissed, but I don’t see anything morally objectionable to some last second drama. I will say I’m depressed with an 0-5 signing day, especially because of all the buzz and smoke for a massive esd haul. But in the end, we got some good linemen on both sides of the ball, which was my big priority.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. lwg8tr

lwg8tr GC Legend

I guess sour grapes but I saw the kids tape's and I smell bust. His technique was horrible and clearly looked to be physically out matching the poor 6" 220lb tackle he had in front of him. The recruiting services got all orgasmic about him because of his size and speed. He's a 3* from what I saw..raw and needs a little time to work on technique and get nasty. I think we dodged a bullet here, he's overrated IMHO. I like our DLine class, looks to be a continuation of quality guys. That as*hat move yesterday...we'll see when Braun is pancaking you in 3 years.

12. beemerthegator

beemerthegator All American

Dec 1, 2019
    I tend to think a 17 year old kid should be mature enough to know not to put on one team's hoodie and then change it. I understand having multiple hats or helmets or placards up there. That is fine. There is entertainment to it and give them their moment. But by age 17 kids should have developed some common decency so that they not to cross certain lines and go from suspense to trolling a particular fan base.

It will be interesting to see if that player becomes an attitude or character problem. When you see that kind of stuff, I think there is a higher risk of problems.

• Like Like x 1
  13. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    That’s the first thing that came to mind for me. You always hear that it’s Mullen recruiting being graded better or worse but the reality of recruiting is the assistants do all the heavy lifting and the coach closes more times than not. It’s painfully obvious where our holes are in recruiting. You really don’t need to look any further than where our biggest hits have been the last 2 years all things being equal. Lb, def backs, and d line this year. Robinson the last 2 years , and a noticeable uptick since torrian and turner got here. That just seems to be facts to me. I’m happy with the class but I’m not closed off enough to say I’m content. It just seems really obvious to me wr and rb need to be upgraded in the very least. Clemson has thrived with 5-15 classes bec they’ve gotten absolute studs at those positions. It gives u some breathing room when the kid wigh the ball in his hands can make a defender say oh shit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Guys let's not forget this was EARLY signing day not the final signing day. We have got nearly our entire class signed by december so I'm not sure why people are worried. Still have a couple months to add those select players the staff wants to add. 2021 class to me was always gonna be our "We have arrived" class. This class certainly set us up to be competitive in the trenches, next year will be star power and skill positions.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Now he just better hope David shaw doesn't bolt to the NFL.

16. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    If he did the hat game and picked up the Gator hat, or if he had been stringing our coaches along, I might agree. But our coaches apparently knew he wasn't coming and didn't even send a LOI. And his dad certainly didn't seem bothered in any way or act surprised or hurt when he announced Stanford. I'm convinced his dad knew.

I really think the Gator hat was up there to honor his dad's legacy and maybe to keep other people from wondering why he as a legacy wouldn't consider UF. I also think Emmitt's words and putting on the hat were a clear signal to UF fans that he has no ill will toward UF and that he's still a Gator. And he stated that he didn't try to influence EJ's decision either way.

I honestly don't know how EJ and his dad could have handled it with any more dignity. I honestly can't believe some people are questioning this.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. gator78

gator78 Sophomore

Jan 4, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Another child of another all-time great RB chose Stanford a few years ago and didn't fare well. Not sure what ever happened to Barry Sanders Jr., but he didn't exactly light the world on fire when he went to Stanford. Definitely don't wish that for EJ, just stating the track record (albeit a small track record) that Stanford has with another RB recruit whose Dad is also considered one of the best ever to play the position.

18. zman-1

zman-1 Junior

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    Perhaps PdGator and Gatorgrowl would like to explain their position instead of dropping some "drive by bacon."

19. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    He was a +1 dude. We stacked