Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Is it time for Satan to move on?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by largartos, Jan 8, 2019.

1. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Psycho Mod and Cook Shack Chef Moderator VIP Member

Saban won't leave until he at least get his "Bear-Breaking" next National Championship, OR......

If the NCAA finally catches up with him.
    The seemingly constant turnover of his Assistant coaches might get ulcer-inducing, as well.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    or maybe Mullen has already found them? If hevesy, Gonzales and Grantham havent taken head coaching jobs yet, what leads you to believe they will?

• Like Like x 1
  3. blackbird68

blackbird68 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I am not sure we will ever be able to compete with Alabama's roster through no fault of Mullen. Every year Alabama oversigns by at least ten and then the roster miraculously gets into balance with "voluntary" transfers. Every year Alabama seems to cull the roster by pushing out players that are not going to be a significant contributors to make room for the next "Johnny Five Star". This is the only way they can continue to sign almost 30 players every year and yet not exceed the 85 scholarship limit. To my knowledge Florida does not over-sign . I'm sure if I am wrong, I will be duly corrected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jhbyrd

jhbyrd GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Saban has to hope that Clemson's freshmen QB and stud WR are injured. Clemson does lose its very good DL next season so Bama still has a shot to beat Clemson. If the Clemson QB and stud freshman WR stay healthy, Saban likely has 2 more seasons with out a national championship. Injuries do happen although Franks seems to be immune to them whereas Trask is not.

Add that to a tougher Texas A&M on the annual schedule and Saban may get tired of the entitled Bama fans. Bama can't afford to fire Saban ,all they can do is annoy the hell out of him.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  5. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well he's 141-21 against all quarterbacks. Only two losses by two scores +. I'm not going to take the time to look through all 141 to inevitably find a long list of all-worlders. But I bet that's what it'd be. One was TT.

6. 11708cht

11708cht VIP Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Shut the f up. You guys are annoying

7. wargunfan

wargunfan GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2010
    Inside your head.

8. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou

9. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou

10. integrator

integrator Sophomore

Jan 25, 2009
    There was a moment during the Oklahoma game where I started wondering if I might be seeing the first indications of a program unraveling. The moment was when an bama player appeared to disrespect Saban without consequence. A player made a stupid play, believe it was late hit on a kickoff off during the second half when the game was getting somewhat tight. Saban was yelling at the player as the kid came off the field. The kid walked right by Saban with out turning his head as if he wasn't there. Saban turned and followed the kid continuing to yell for a few steps as the kid kept walking without looking back or acknowledging Saban in any way I could discern. No other coach appeared to get in the kids face and he was back on the field shortly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 GC Legend

Dec 15, 2013
    SC
    I noticed that too, like something you may see in the NFL, but not Bama.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    Hyperbole much?

The end is near after finishing 14-1 and darn near steam-rolling everyone on the schedule following a national championship run?

Clemson is taking over? Didn't Bama just beat them last season?

I remember folks saying that Alabama's reign was over once the playoffs began and they lost to Ohio State in the semi-finals........

13. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    ????? They just won the national title LAST YEAR and followed it up by going 14-1. lol

14. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 GC Legend

Dec 15, 2013
    SC
    Saban will have some new blood as he will have mostly a new staff. They used the last second 35-31 loss to Clemson as motivation. After the 44-16 rout; Clemson is a threat to him. If we and take a step up, DM and UF will be a threat also. UGA has the talent to be, but KS has to finish the game w/o choking.

15. gatordee

gatordee GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2007
    orlando
    What is left for him to accomplish or prove?? He needs to go enjoy the golden years with his loved ones before it passes him by. Who cares if people think Dabo ran him off. One day, someone will think Joe Blow (aka Dan Mullin)
    ran Dabo off. It's called life.

16. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    I think he retires after winning one more natty. That will give him one more than Bear Bryant I think.

17. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

This is how I saw it too. Bama was moving the ball too easily in response to Clemson’s scores. It was only a matter of time before Clemson’s “luck” runs out and Bama pulls away. I think this became the attitude on the Bama sideline and they got complacent. They had fire early in the game and they lost it

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  18. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    The Tua turnovers hurt too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. dflll1216

dflll1216 Senior

Nov 20, 2017
    Florida’s Space Coast
    Except, of course, that THIS was the game where Saban was supposed to become the NC Winningest Coach - EVER - passing Bear - No?

Why else would Bama have flown 400 of Tua’s fsmily members in for the game. Right?