Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Is it time for Satan to move on?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by largartos, Jan 8, 2019.

1. chattgator

chattgator Recruit

Jul 17, 2007
    Still able to end their SEC stranglehold and end Clemson following. It’s all set in front of us. Go Gators!!

2. Gator72211

Gator72211 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 10, 2015
    It’s my understanding that there will be a mental heath professional on the show today to help with coping.

3. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Venebles has had multiple opportunities to move on

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BGator

BGator Junior

Apr 30, 2007
    I'm sure that Venebles will get several $3.5m+ offers from good to decent programs if he hasn't already. Yet the word is that he is set and ain't goin' nowhere - staying at Clemson cause he likes it so much. How is this possible? Forgo millions, and the chance to be the HBC and your own man to stay at Clemson? I know that if any of our coordinators even sniff a fraction of his success, they'll get multiple offers for big money and will be gone in a second. Hopefully, Mullen will find the guys who don't need the money and don't want to be head coaches. Seems nearly impossible..

5. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Venebles has an $11.6 million 5 year deal as an assistant. Has ultimate job security with the way Dabo has it rolling. He may see himself as an X's and O's DC guy and not as a HC. If so, he's in a perfect spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The Clemson assistant who really earns his money during games is the one who has to keep grabbing Venables to keep him off the field.

7. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No, I read exactly what you said. YOU said they needed new blood. Im certain of one thing, Satan puts as much pressure on himself as any fan could. But construing one loss in an NC game as needing new blood is just mind boggling to me. who TF are they going to get that is better?

It was just a silly take.

8. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Spurrier left, we did not fire him. Why? because of the irrational things happening around the program, among other things. Saban has exactly the same aspects and most likely even more. Bama, the university, has NOTHING to do with it.

9. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Technically he lost 2 of the last 3 national championship games and if uga wasn’t uga it would be 3 in a row and the last 2 would’ve been by getting embarrassed

10. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Just sayin

11. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You are not even making sense now.

12. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    There’s no joy in Mudville...

13. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Some of you people are just in outer space on this thread. Technically bama has won two of the last 4. Bama DIDNT lose last year. They had a fantastic comeback. They won the national championship.

Now how exactly you can bootstrap that into almost getting embarrassed 2 years in a row, I really don't know. Clemson beat their ass... Well done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    They were getting run out of the dome against uga until uga shit the bed. A solid team puts them away that night. What in God’s name are u talking about. They’ve lost 2 of the last 3 and barring a choke job it’s 3 straight. That’s simply the math , it’s not my opinion.

I’m not on here talking about Sabans demise or any stupid shit like that. I’m simply recounting what’s taken place in the nc games the last 3 years. There’s no debate about that , it’s just what happened. I don’t understand what your questioning

15. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Facts are they surrendered a lead 2 years ago against Clemson they never would have 8 years ago , uga was beating the breaks off them in a way that had never been done until this year’s title game. Great come back but living in atlanta my whole life I can tell u first hand that giving up that lead is just what uga does and then Clemson houses them. I’m not drawing seismic conclusions here, just stating the fashion the last 3 nc games were played in. What all that means time will tell but not being able to say that’s what in fact occurred the last 3 games and that it’s at least possible that there’s a pattern forming just seams silly

16. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    What in the hell are YOU talking about...if this, maybe that, blah blah. You are right. There is no debate, bama came back and beat UGA last year by putting in a qb that UGA wasn't prepared for. I don't understand what you are questioning.

Did they win the game last year? Yes. Did they get blown out? No. There is no such thing as almost.

I mean this is simple dude.

Honestly your characterizations are just absurd. They've played in all 5 playoffs. There won 2 of the last 4. Yet you want to characterize what happened last year as a blowout and failure by UGA? Man it sure looked to me like bama adjusted and won the game. That's what good teams do.

17. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Im not saying Saban should retire. Your deducing something I’m absolutely not saying. Just bec it’s in this thread doesn’t mean I’m implying dude isn’t great but not noticing what happened last 3 years is just narrow

18. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    To be honest I’m not even sure what argument ur making being as u keep responding to me that would lead me to believe u think I’m trying to make one. I’m just stating what happened. Thouroughly confused here. It reminds me of arguments I used to have with my ex where I would spend the entire conversation pointing out we are not disagreeing while she would argue about needing to argue and never really saying what she thought we were arguing about

19. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Too much for me...
    Bandit out

20. staticgator

staticgator Senior

Nov 27, 2016
    Am I the only one who keeps noticing that when defensive genius Nick Saban plays a good team with a good QB, the good QB always goes off? He has basically built his entire reputation on annihilating teams with bad QBs. At least when we were in our championship prime 10 years ago, we beat up on some legitimately good QBs. We shut down Sam Bradford, we eviscerated Matthew Stafford, and we took Troy Smith's will to compete. Who has Alabama done that to? A bunch of tomato cans! He couldn't even slow down Aaron Murray!