Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Is it possible to add a discard post button?

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by maxgator, Oct 20, 2020.

1. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I frequently have the problem of trying to get rid of something from the reply box and it not going away.

I almost exclusively view the site via Firefox (so I can actually see tweets lol) on mobile. The response I want to delete will end up staying even if I do select all and then delete it. Only way to fix this is to close out and open back up then navigate to where I was last. I've seen other forums with the discard feature. One click and gone.

I can't imagine I'm the only one experiencing this issue.

2. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Temple Terrace
    This forum is not a support tool for Gator Country but we try to help anyone dealing with technology.

I believe you are referring to the 'feature' (that is often a bug dressed up by marketing) of any text in the response editor pane remaining forever if you don't mash the POST REPLY. It is a bit annoying but I have not come up with a way. I was hoping that replacing the text with a single SPACE character would do it but the software is more clever than that.

You could post a request for this new button in the Help forum but I think the chances of getting the button added are as likely as me becoming handsome. I suspect the buttons are a part of the bulletin board software and not something the support staff can add.

My advice is to accept the 'feature.'

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I find it bizarre that there is a cancel button for edits... But not for posts. Oh well lol.