Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Is Hunter's Laptop Still Considered Russian Disinformation?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Vindibudd, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Vindibudd

Vindibudd VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Orlando
    With Zuckerberg on Rogan talking about how the FBI warned them ahead of time about a huge Russian Disinformation info dump leading Facebook to restrict the Hunter Laptop news story, it made me wonder:

Does anyone really still believe that Hunter's laptop is "Russian Disinformation" at this point? If so, please state your reasons. I'm interested.

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Don’t know, don’t care.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    So what? Bet you can’t wait for the Benghazi styled hearings into Hunter Biden. WE do need more threads on this subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  4. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Repair shop owner knows of 'multiple attempts' to 'insert questionable material' into Hunter Biden's laptop

"That's what caused me to do a deep dive into the laptop once it became my property," Mac Isaac said. "During that time, I saw a lot of photos. I did not see a lot of photos that are being reported to be seen."

"I do know that there have been multiple attempts over the past year and a half to insert questionable material into the laptop as in not physically, but passing it off as misinformation or disinformation as coming from the laptop," he added. "And that is a major concern of mine because I have fought tooth and nail to protect the integrity of this drive."

• Informative Informative x 5
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    While I would agree that the files (emails, photos, etc) found on the hard drive of what was supposedly the laptop of Hunter Biden are genuine I still have my doubts that he actually dropped a laptop computer at repair shop in Wilmington Delaware for data recovery. I suspect that they were obtained most likely by a Russian agency through hacking. As I mentioned in several other posts since the story first broke logically why would Hunter have used a repair shop in Wilmington, Delaware almost a year after he moved from Delaware to Los Angeles? One would think that it would have much easier simply to use a shop in Southern California. Also keep in mind that the proprietor of the shop couldn't really identify the person who dropped off the computer as Hunter Biden. I also think that it was more than coincidence that the story broke around 10 days prior to the 2020 election.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Chain of custody for Hunter’s laptop and the many copies of it are problematic. Guliani and Bannon had copies. Some likelihood it was tampered with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/30/hunter-biden-laptop-data-examined/

What the experts found
    In their examinations, Green and Williams found evidence that people other than Hunter Biden had accessed the drive and written files to it, both before and after the initial stories in the New York Post and long after the laptop itself had been turned over to the FBI.

Maxey had alerted The Washington Post to this issue in advance, saying that others had accessed the data to examine its contents and make copies of files. But the lack of what experts call a “clean chain of custody” undermined Green’s and Williams’s ability to determine the authenticity of most of the drive’s contents.

“The drive is a mess,” Green said.
    From a forensics standpoint, it’s a disaster,” Williams said. (The Post is paying Williams for the professional services he provided. Green declined payment.)
    Williams also found records on the drive that indicated someone may have accessed the drive from a West Coast location in October 2020, little more than a week after the first New York Post stories on Hunter Biden’s laptop appeared.

Over the next few days, somebody created three additional folders on the drive, titled, “Mail,” “Salacious Pics Package” and “Big Guy File” — an apparent reference to Joe Biden.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The smoking gun in Hunter's laptop is a Word file that says, "Daddy made me do it. Really I'm just an escape goat about everything. The Republicans need to investigate the old man as soon as they win the House in 2022. I'm willing to testify before a committee if granted immunity, because it's the right thing to do. I'll bet they're already salivating about hearings. Jim Jordan must be drooling like a baby. Lock him up! I mean the old man, not Jordan."

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    The chain of custody and working off of forensic images is super important in cases like this. You take a hash of the entire disk, make forensic copies, and then compare the hash of the copies to the original. You don't work off the original disk. You examine the copies. That way, when you have analyzed a copy, you can again compare the hash of the copy to the original to verify that you have not changed a single bit while examining the copy. If you had a copy of the disk, and it had 345,465,654,477,345,867 documents on it, and you deleted a single Period on just one of those files, it would produce a different hash proving that the contents of the copy are not a 100% match to the contents of the original drive.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    We all agree it would be categorically stupid to drop off laptops with politically and criminally damaging material on it and then just never come back for it or pay for services rendered. But let’s say I accused you, Vag8r1, of dropping off those laptops instead of Hunter Biden on whatever date the invoice says, for our purposes let’s call it April 1, 2020. Could you not, probably today, probably without undue effort, demonstrate you were nowhere near Wilmington, Delaware on that date, using your cellphone, credit card bills, pay stubs, etc. Of course, you could. Hunter Biden’s legal team could do it even more easily than you. That would have been move number one: Sorry, righties, he was not even there. He was in LA that whole week and here is the proof.

Remember, even he doesn’t deny that it was him who did it. Unlikely as it may seem at first glance, it is entirely possible he was that dumb or that high. And if it was him, then the Russian disinformation narrative on this topic needs to stop.

The Russians and Chinese are doing a lot of very nasty things to rile up the extreme ends of this country and to make the moderates feel they have no choice but to embrace the extreme of one side lest they fall prey to the other. It’s insidious, effective, and has one purpose: undermine confidence in the democracy as a whole, not one party or the other. Bearing that in mind, we have to call it out when we see it for real, but we can’t just make it up as an excuse when our party does something embarrassing.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    To the OP's question:

Yes.

/endthread

11. Vindibudd

Vindibudd VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Orlando
    Need more than that.

12. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    It warms the heart knowing the fbi is now engaged in the election interference business...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's obvious what happened. No one who can reason and who is loyal to the United States thinks this is a big issue

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Vindibudd

Vindibudd VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Orlando
    What do you think the issue is here? For me, the issue is that the FBI is stating that a laptop from a candidate's son implicating him in criminal activity is Russian Disinformation leading up to an election so that a social media company can restrict it.

Trade the names of the candidates, and tell me you would feel the same way. It's what I do. I say, "If this situation had the other candidate's kid and name, would this look square to me?"

And if I can't say it would then I think it's a big deal.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Where did the fbi say that?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Yes. I believe Ruddy obtained the copied files and information illegally and the Russian bot farms latched onto and used it to manipulate Americans through social media.

One would only need to show one single Russian bot “like” or “forward” to say it was therefore a Russian disinformation (campaign). Campaign can be defined very broadly if the campaign was to create more viral shares by other Americans.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Thank you for the completely incomprehensible post.

19. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Can someone help me? I don't remember seeing Hunter Biden on the ballot. Maybe I am wrong?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I would ask where it lost you, but I guess you were lost from the start.