Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Is Biden capable of winning and then governing?

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorRev, May 17, 2020.

1. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm not sure about that. Trump has been tougher on the Chinese over the past 3+ years than any other president in decades. He was duped into thinking that China was telling the truth initially about coronavirus, but he likely had no reason to believe that China would lie about something as basic as a virus. Obviously, the virus was much more serious than was realized at the time, and China had a reason to keep the truth hidden.

I'm not sure what dance Trump has been doing with Putin / Russia. But I don't know that it's that much different in actions than what Obama did, even though he has been friendlier to Russia in words.

2. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    For Trump to lose this election, he has to lose the vote of the elderly, or lose the vote of the independents. The elderly have to be convinced that Trump's negligence is getting them killed by coronavirus. While that might be obvious to most people, the elderly will need a lot of convincing. Only if Trump says that it's o.k. for old people to die in order for the economy to recover will they get the message. The independents, OTOH, as a demographic tend to skew younger, so they will be happy that Trump is rolling the dice by opening the economy back up. The kids need to go to restaurants, sporting events and concerts, and they feel fairly immune to the virus. And they need to go to work and bring home a paycheck.