Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Is Biden capable of winning and then governing?

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorRev, May 17, 2020.

1. GatorRev

GatorRev Ask me about CBD Premium Member

1. I Don't see him being able to debate Trump

2. If he somehow does win, I Don't see him actually calling the shots but is merely a puppet president. The real question is who are his handlers and can such a POTUS function? Sounds like a really bad movie.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Are we talking Biden or Trump-Biden? I can’t tell where parody begins and ends this weekend with all the right leaning participation. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump is functioning about as well as a reality show clown president could possibly function, yet somehow, I expect more from a president. I'm not at all impressed with Biden as a person or a politician, but I think we're at the point that maybe we should take a chance on a senile, hair-sniffing political hack than continue with a divisive, egotistical, lying blowhard hiring the "best people" and then firing them or driving them to quit. As I said when Trump was elected, he is a bombastic, bumbling, benevolent dictator. As his co-writer of "The Art of the Deal" said of Trump, all he cares about is getting the win. He does not care at all about ethics or how many people have to die, it is all about getting the win.

I think Trump is tired of dealing with coronavirus and would like to step down and return to making money at his businesses and bragging about what a great president he was. I don't think he will do as much as he should to prepare for the debates, and he will be reduced to calling Biden "Sleepy Joe" and "Creepy Joe" as his only mode of attack. If Biden stays awake and prepares for the debate, he will do well enough to win.

I am very disappointed that the republicans did not put up a candidate to oppose Trump.

The main positive about Biden is that he does not seem to have an agenda to change the world like the other dem candidates seemed to have. So we shouldn't have to worry about how to pay for free college for everyone, free health care for everyone, and all of the other foolish crap that other candidates were promising. We should look forward to seeing some incremental changes regarding things like global warming and minimum wage, without all the drama. He would be more like Bill Clinton without all the sex with interns. Not a great president, but a functional one. (If he sticks to the script that someone hands him, and does not go off the reservation and talk from the top of his head.)

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Agree x 8
    • Like x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. Balbanes

Balbanes All American

Oct 7, 2014
    Yes he can win. Yes he can run the government. He spent 8 years training with one of the top presidents of all time. He's far more prepared for the job than his opponent, who has spent 3.5 years showing he cannot do the job and has no interest in doing the job (outside of nominating judges fed to him by the extremist wing of the Republican establishment).

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GatorRev

You make some very interesting points, well done. Some good use of humor too.

6. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. gatorzfan

gatorzfan VIP Member

Sep 1, 2017
    "Training " with one of the top presidents of all time. What the hell does that mean.. training?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. GatorRev

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find Obama to be the worst POTUS in my 62 years on the planet. I see an amazing abuse of power there, by a person who reeks of smugness. Having the Washington establishment and media at his beck and call provided amazing cover. People like Biden, and if he were 10 years younger would be better equipped to handle to job.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    1. Debates don’t matter. Hillary won every debate she had with Trump. Yes he can win.

2. His handlers will be infinitely more competent than the clown car of incompetent grifters that is the current White House.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    As far as the debate, I imagine Trump would certainly be more vocally dominant, but much of what he says will be either untrue or sophomoric insults. Whether you consider that winning depends on you.

As far as governing, why wouldn't he be able? All presidents depend on their staffs. Hopefully, he'll get more competent ones that Trump has and will listen to them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Even the historians are judging Obama to be a below-average president, and they usually do not say anything until about 20 years have passed. If training with Obama was to prepare Biden, hopefully, he learned what not to do:

1) Bluff a foreign leader and then back down and cower under the desk when said foreign leader laughs at his bluff. Cowardice never looks good on a president.
    1.a) Convince the Syrian people to revolt against their dictator with the unspoken promise of military assistance that was provided to Libya's people.

2) Refer to the most bloodthirsty terrorist organization in history as "the J.V.", and then fight them to a draw as millions of Syrians become refugees.

3) Lead from behind.

4) Castigate police officers for how they do their job BEFORE the facts come out.

5) Give Russia a reset button right before they invade a neighboring country.

6) Fail to stand up to China for all of their questionable business practices, technology theft, and lack of respect for international law, not to mention their military buildup and human rights violations.

6) Take partisanship to a whole new level: republicans would be allowed to ride on his bus (not "our bus"), but only if they ride in the back.

7) "Never let a good crisis go to waste" (Rahm Emmanuel quote) and all the lies that went with selling Obamacare to the public.

8) Invest in alternative energy companies that were clearly failing and had no chance to compete with a country that owned a monopoly on the raw materials.

9) Bail out failed corporations that were "too big to fail" while preserving them as "too big to fail" and preserving the union that largely caused them to fail.

10) Sell automatic weapons to Mexican drug dealers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    1. You like lists

2. This is a list

3. I like lists too.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    This is just silly. You can take any Presidency and highlight a bunch of mistakes or gaffes.

Even Republican god-idol Reagan, who would be classified as a RINO now, has an extensive list of scandals and gaffes far exceeding anything Obama. But Reagan had some big wins as well, obviously being President during the collapse of the Soviet Union scores some major points. Though even that was truly a long time in the making, as oppressive systems will always be doomed to failure.

15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Yeah, the idea Trump “won” even a single debate is almost comical.

He only “won” in the eyes of people who want shouting matches and insults, not debates involving factual points. This is something else entirely, not a debate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Glad to see someone else who truly understood the Obama presidency, you might enjoy the following article:
    Fred Fleitz: Obamagate – How Obama administration apparently weaponized intel agencies for political attacks
    [​IMG]
    By Fred Fleitz | Fox News
    Your post also proves that 90% of posters in TooHot are liberal profs or lawyers, judging by your responses.
    I give up on copying link, my computer skills do not match my age, lol.

17. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Your list is not too big to fail, it’s a fail. We’ve gone backwards on the world stage and economics under Trump. Obama passed this off. ;)

F6E7B1E2-5E19-4D6C-8870-2A175FA2487A.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Me thinks the Captain should stick to sailing.

19. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Woolly, Woolly, Woolly. Education is something to be embraced, not feared. If not for you, then for the sake of your children and their children, please try.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    My answer to the OP is yes and yes. I have some major doubts about Biden on issues i consider important 1) Did he cut a deal with the far left to push their agenda, or will he be his own man. 2) (I still don't think he will be the nominee). Does he have cognitive issues? seems to me he does, but maybe not so serious to impair his performance. I'm worried that people may know it's more serious than it seems and going in they know he won't serve a full term. 3) Very important to me. I'm very concerned about our relationship with China, and i'm not sure he is the one to stand up to them. I like the fact that Trump (like him or hate him) called attention to the inequities in our relationship. This current crisis also showed how certain supply chains need to be brought back home.
    He can win and govern, i don't know how well..

• Agree Agree x 1