Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Iran Ups the Ante _ Drone Attacks on KSA Refineries

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Sep 14, 2019.

1. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    Home heating, tractors are easily replaced by electricity. Ships can be solar powered.

2. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Poof. The facts are not true because the IC did not disclose their methods to you. So, here I am with the right on this one. Did you miss this part: "Three U.S. officials previously told NBC News there was extremely compelling evidence showing the origination point of the strikes, and one official with direct knowledge described that evidence as imagery."

They actually have video. Guess why? Because the IC is damned good at what they do. The IC leaked this to the liberal press, not FOX. Sorry that it does not fit your narrative.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    My thought. Iran has done more than enough to deserve a beat down whether they did this or not. So, it should not be clumped in with WMD & other missteps. I am all for walloping Iran, I just don't want the US doing it. It's like finding out Bundy was falsely accused with regard to 1 of his victims. so what?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Great policy idea. Global expansion of totalitarian countries. It really amazes me that some liberal posters don't like Trump more. Because you are as anti-globalist as he lies and says he is.

Most of the time i am with you. But, you are wrong about Iran's government.

5. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    If we are not involved, it is not happening. This will need to be a NATO endeavor with some ME help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And Trump and NATO are on such good terms.

• Like Like x 1
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Apparently the Director of the Mossad under three different Israeli Prime Ministers didn't think it was shit deal. Far from perfect but it did represent an improvement over the status quo prior to the deal.
    Ex-Mossad Chief Supports Iran Nuclear Deal

You may also want to read this.
    Why Israeli Nuclear Experts Disagree with Netanyahu on the Iran Deal

Netanyahu and IDF Are Split on the Iran Nuclear Deal

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Again, so what. This was not an attack on America or any American assets. This is a Saudi Arabia problem.
    And please stop with your comparison of Hitler and Iran, it just diminishes you. Iran is kicking around in their sandbox nothing more. Let the local kids handle it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    How much did it cost us the last time we went to war for oil (Iraq)? Even ignoring the deaths and dismemberment of our troops, we're talking something like the equivalent of a hundred years worth of oil exports from Saudi Arabia, just in direct costs. I'll pass.

We need a much much better reason to go to war than securing Saudi Arabia's ability to sell oil, particularly now that we can frack our way to energy independence. Heck, if Saudi Arabia shut down its wells entirely, we would probably end up quite a bit better off as we would become the world's main supplier of oil overnight. Not to mention, the planet would probably be better off, too, since higher energy costs would drive investment into clean and renewable fuels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    It diminishes anyone who doesn't recognize Iran for what it is. Its lack of success does not change who the Mullahs there are. This needs to be nipped in the bud now.

I can only post 4 paragraphs from the Jerusalem post piece. Suggest you read it. Iran wants to start World War 3.

The first link is 13 months old, but it fits the escalation we have seen from Iran.

Perhaps we would have a better understanding if we were led by a president who could articulate the problem. But, that is the price for incompetence.

And, the supply of oil to the world is not a local Saudi problem. Nor is the expansionist aggression into Yemen, Syria, Iraq and now Saudi Arabia.

it is time for the west to wake up and face the demon.

The new Hitler

The rapid rise of radical Islam in Europe, the United States and many other places is jarringly evocative of the rise of the Nazis. This should bring a shadow of déjà vu over the entire world. Unfortunately, many schools no longer teach about those moments in history that forever changed the world. Sadly, students of history are discouraged from making comparisons, such as that between radical Islam and terrorist attacks, or between Ali Khamenei and the Nazis. It is simply not politically correct in the 21st century. Those things that might cast a light on how to avoid repeating history are seldom debated.

The Gulf region of the Middle East is squarely on Khamenei’s list of “key” states and thus justifies his dispatching Iran’s Revolutionary Guard to locations such as Syria, with which there is no shared border and no danger of invasion. Nor does it prevent a Shia/Sunni clash with terrorist groups such as the Sunni-controlled Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood, and Islamic Jihad fitting firmly in the ayatollah’s pocket. Hitler

As with Hitler before him, Khamenei is a fascist – a dictatorial leader who readily suppresses any opposition and has an iron grip on Iran’s industry and trade. He is the supreme authority who determines the course Iran will take. At some point in his iron-fisted rule, he will likely set his sights on the opposition, a Sunni-led Saudi Arabia, and will prove the crown prince correct in his assessment that a new Hitler has sent his troops storming through the Middle East.

On his way to supremacy, Khamenei’s legions could easily conquer Kuwait, Bahrain and Qatar. His Revolutionary Guard would make ISIS appear as though it engaged in child’s play. Like Hitler before him, the supreme leader places little, if any, value on human life. Therefore, no one would be safe – not Sunnis, not Christians, not Jews, and not even those Shia who fail to fall in line with his rising caliphate.

Global Anti-Semitism Now Has a Leader - The Tower

One of the constants of the Iranian revolution has been its eliminationist rhetoric toward Israel, which has continued unabated in the wake of the nuclear deal. On August 25, the unfortunate Hammond had the rug snatched out from under his “more nuanced” comment by Hussein Sheikholeslam, who is the foreign affairs adviser to Ali Larijani, a former nuclear negotiator and the current speaker of the Iranian parliament. (In 2009, Larijani openly defended his country’s state doctrine of Holocaust denial before a stunned audience at the annual Munich Security Conference, which included Germany’s foreign minister.) “Our positions against the usurper Zionist regime have not changed at all,” Sheikholeslam declared. “Israel should be annihilated and this is our ultimate slogan.”

“Ultimate” is the operative word. “We should not be satisfied with what we have [the Islamic Revolution] within our borders; we should not think we are done,” declared Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in a Qods (Jerusalem) Day speech. “As long as this stinking wound and infected gland called ‘the Israeli Government’ is in the heart of Islamic territories, we cannot feel we have won.”

This speech is one of many pontifications on the subject of Zionist ignominy collected in Palestine, a 416-page book issued by Khamenei shortly after Secretary Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif shook hands over the nuclear deal. The shrillness of its rhetoric is closely modeled on the ravings of Nazi leaders like Hitler, Goebbels, and Julius Streicher, replete with the gruesome imagery of bodily infection and the odor of decay. Behind it, however, lies the core mission of Iran’s Islamic Revolution.

Over and over again, Khamenei’s writings and speeches underline the centrality of defeating Zionism to the Islamic Revolution. “Palestine is the most important issue in the Islamic world. No other international issue is more important than Palestine in the world of Islam,” he told an audience at the shrine of the Islamic Republic’s founder, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Quoting an Israeli paper about Iran.
    Now I have lost all respect for you.

12. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    I'm all for Israel squashing 'em.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    One point of order. I’m not sure you were putting Russia and China in the category of totalitarian countries, but if so I would have to disagree and classify them rather as authoritarian countries. Iran and North Korea are certainly totalitarian, but I would say it’s been a few decades since China or Russia fit the mold there.

14. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Really? In response to your post that Iran should not be compared to Hitler, because it diminishes me, I posted a Jewish source. And, i did so in purpose. Because it is always Jews, like me, who say the analogy is not appropriate. Except that the Jerusalem post wasn’t the only link I posted. The other link actually quoted what the Aytollahs actually say. Their own words. Which supports what I am saying. Btw: maybe you forgot that they call the USA “the great Satan.” Jews pay very close attention to parallels to the Nazis. We have no choice.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    OK.

16. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    What is the cost of not stopping Iran’s escalating miscreant behavior? When do they stop? They refuse to tell unless sanctions are lifted. Each time they push further and further to test the limits. The price of freedom is high. The price of our way of life is high. And we don’t want to pay the price of appeasement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Then they need to take it to the UN and use it to further isolate Iran.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    KSA needs to take the offensive and retaliate in kind with a sweetener for emphasis and get defensive support from Allies if Iran tries to strike back. It will be interesting if KSA and Israel team up on this operation. Politics makes strange bedfellows and that would certainly be a strange pair. I guess the enemy of my enemy is my friend

19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Israel need to put together a government now. Israel is not set up to defend the entire Persian Gulf.

20. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    will allow Israel to “build defensive and offensive capabilities that will be used as deterrents,” while former military intelligence head,

This quote makes no sense to me. Israel has nuclear weapons and implied backup from the US. How much more of an offensive deterrent could one have?