Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Iran Ups the Ante _ Drone Attacks on KSA Refineries

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Sep 14, 2019.

1. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Although Iran was almost certainly behind the attack, the Houthi rebels in Yemen have claimed credit for launching the drones and Saudi Arabia has been at war with them for years. Arguably the attack was a response to Saudi intervention in Yemen (not that I buy that rationale).

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Our government is saying it was cruise missiles from Iran, although Trump is waiting for confirmation from the always reliable and honest Crown Prince. You can believe our government (and the Crown Prince). Just look at the Gulf of Tonkin incident, for example. A government lie that led to escalation in Vietnam. Or look at the WMDs in Iraq. A government lie (Rumsfeld: "We know where they are") that led to a disastrous U.S. invasion that was supposed to be the neocons' first step in their conquest of the Middle East. (That really turned out swell.) Even Trump doesn't believe our own intelligence agencies except, I guess, when it's convenient for Trump to do so. In this case all it takes is the Crown Prince's word in agreement with U.S. intelligence. In sum, this is some way to run a country.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Brainfart, meant Kuwait

5. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ah.

7. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sharif played an Arab again in The 13th Warrior, Antonio Banderas' finest work (yea, though, he was erroneously playing an Arab himself). That was just off the top of my head. There may be other examples. As to Sharif not looking like a Russian, I suppose he looked as much Russian as any of the other non-Russian actors in that film. Still a classic, even with Egyptians in whiteface (Redface?).

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I thought the best two things about that movie were the music and Julie Christie. (I've never seen a Russian who looks that good.)

9. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    If the US wants to give the Saudi's the weapons to fight with Iran, fine, but with an economy on the verge of another recession, a huge deficit even with very low unemployment, and a country still recovering psychologically from 2 decades of war, I say please keep us out of this. Please.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. hockeygator

hockeygator Sophomore

Dec 29, 2016
    Italy ---> Durham NC
    US and Europe fund KSA with weapons, let them fight their own war.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I am not wrong and DO NOT use a "false flag" term to describe my viewpoint.
    I stand by my words and say this. Trump very badly wants to use the military against Iran. I say again. If he gets a chance he is going to do it.
    I was right about GWB being elected and the reasons why and I pray that I am right about Trump and his intent but could never support the action. Trump is arrogant enough to fo the stupid. Fact.

You have no idea why Bolton was let go but I am willing to bet he is still working with the powers that be. I trust nothing Trump does. Oh and his take on Iran!!! He has created the entire scenario! Do check the Trump/Iran timeline and refresh your memory.

So. No I am not wrong.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Some are, I worked with a Doc who many thought was beautiful, she was a jerk however. I called her the Persian Princess because of her attitude.

13. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    If Trump want to War with Iran, don't you think he has had a few reasons to start it before now? Like when they fired on our Drone, hijacked British tankers...etc.

So far I've heard Trump is Putin's puppet because of Russian mobsters and now Trump is taking orders from Saudi Arabia. I really don't know what to believe... :rolls eyes:

14. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Not yet. But he and Bolton have done all they can to set the stage for it to happen. It's all about timing for Trump. But it's in his head because he has to do something to save his presidency fast and engaging Iran is just the deflection he needs.

The Drone. Somebody just disabled half of SA's oil production using drones. So I ask. Would you not shoot them down to? I would. Besides it was in their airspace and most likely was a "tease" to bait them into doing something.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  15. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Reportedly the Houthi don't have the means to conduct such a precise attack.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    So Trump firing Bolton is just a cover and distraction for him to attack Iran....

Hell I bet the US Oil Barons actually had Trump do it, we probably took out the Saudi Oil facility so we could hit Iran and enjoy the pop in Oil prices. I bet Trumps buddies knew and bought a ton of oil futures last week...…..

17. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    What do you think? You know Trump better than everyone. Granted he hasnt said or done anything ridiculous, embarrassing or out of logical context. So you tell me....
    Why would "we" hit Iran for this. You have information pointing at them? Didn't think so.

18. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL

I think the mostly answer is the right one, not some half cocked spy thriller type saga.

I don't think Trump has it in for Iran, I think he believes their leadership is a bunch of Zealots who would like to have the whole middle east under their thumb. He doesn't want them to get nukes, and isn't going to take some crappy paper deal like Obama and then pay them for it.

Don't think I know Trump better than anyone, you are the one suggesting Trump wants a war with Iran, I merely pointed out he has had other opportunities to attack them in response to direct attacks on US assets, or the assets of one of our closest allies and didn't. So I'm basing on actual events.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    All of this is a problem. Iran just initiated an attack that affects world wide oil production and nobody trusts Trump. The title of this thread is exactly right: Iran just upped the ante. It has been escalating since it entered Syria. Before we withdrew from the nuke agreement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The hit was too precise for the Houthis to accomplish.

• Winner Winner x 1