Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Iran "Descends into Chaos" from Coronavirus

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by chemgator, Mar 3, 2020.

1. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    8% of Iran's parliament has the coronavirus, and it released 54,000 prisoners as the country descends into chaos

Iran decided to release 54,000 prisoners. Not sure how many of them were actual criminals, and how many were political prisoners.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So this democrat hoax is finally able to do what Trump has been unable to do for 3 years... harm Iran. Way to go, democrats!

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Or maybe it's the virgins.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Iran was already very unstable economically. Then they lost a lot of confidence shooting on the jetliner. Now this. But it's hard to know what will replace the government, or even if it will fall

7. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    One of the Ayatollah's closest advisors just died from the virus. The Ayatollah might be next. If that happens, they will refer to today's "chaos" as the calm before the storm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    I think we learn more about what is happening in Iran if we ignore the headline. I think Iran and perhaps most of the world is trending to being ruled by a gerontocracy. We need to send the aged and infirm to early bird specials and let those still competent to rule.

9. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Florida
    I don't like Iran's government, but the people are another story. I wish them no ill will.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Dear god. Do you have to play your party politics in every thread, regardless of the topic?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Go over to the “Just so Close to Universal Healthcare” thread and see what he and VA are working up to; millions of Americans are going to contract corona virus and Trump is going to pressure the FDA to release a vaccine too early. You really can’t make up shit like this!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

Coming soon to the USA

13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Uhh...

Millions will get Coronavirus and trump has already publicly pressured the pharma people and fda to come out with a vaccine. Trump has even suggested using the flu vaccine, even though it would have zero effect.

I doubt a pharma co would rush one out the door to appease Trump though, the liability would be too high.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  14. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2014
    It’s entirely possible that one or both of the presidential candidates contracts the virus by the time of the election.

They are all part of the most vulnerable demographic and interact with thousands of people from all over the country.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    It’s also possible that the Noles will win the National Championship next season. But it’s not even probable, much less likely. This, like this entire coronavirus panic, is ridiculous. We have become a planet of wusses.

I, for one plan on finding a great deal on a cruise the week after Easter and the Mrs. and I will enjoy a first class vacation at about 1/2 price. Even this cost will be more than covered by investment gains that will be made over the next 60 days as last night I moved everything into equities so when this hysteria is over and the market bounces back I expect double digit gains on my entire portfolio.

I have already flown 12 times domestically since the first of the year and have not yet even contracted a cold.

All people need to do is follow the basics of regular hygiene after interaction with others (as you should always do) and they will be fine. It’s amazing how people panic about things like this.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2014
    Normalcy bias - Wikipedia

Normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a tendency for people to believe that things will always function the way they normally have functioned and therefore to underestimate both the likelihood of a disaster and its possible effects. This may result in situations where people fail to adequately prepare themselves for disasters, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. About 70% of people reportedly display normalcy bias during a disaster.[1]

The normalcy bias can manifest itself in various disasters, ranging from car crashes to world-historical events. It is hypothesized that the normalcy bias may be caused by the way the brain processes new information. Stress slows information processing, and when the brain cannot find an acceptable response to a situation, it fixates on a single and sometimes default solution. This single resolution can result in unnecessary injury or death in disaster situations. The lack of preparation for disasters often leads to inadequate shelter, supplies, and evacuation plans. Thus, normalcy bias can cause people to drastically underestimate the effects of the disaster and assume that everything will be all right. The negative effects of normalcy bias can be combatted through the four stages of disaster response: preparation, warning, impact, and aftermath.

Normalcy bias has also been called analysis paralysis, the ostrich effect,[2] and by first responders, the negative panic.[3] The opposite of normalcy bias is overreaction, or worst-case scenario bias,[4][5] in which small deviations from normality are dealt with as signals of an impending catastrophe.​

17. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    I little off-topic. But interesting that it may take a microscopic particle to do what a military superpower has been trying to do for decades. Kind of similar to the War of the Worlds. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Legend

Feb 6, 2020
    Seems to be an obsession for many.

19. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Nope.

20. leapinlizard

leapinlizard Sophomore