Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Insider leaks Trump's "Executive Time"-filled private schedules

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Feb 3, 2019.

1. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    definitely explains the natural white rings around his eyes. "Good genes", definitely not those little tanner goggles

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Hardest working man in government.

On Trump's calendar, just 17 intelligence briefings in 85 days

President Donald Trump, who doesn't regularly read the daily intelligence summary prepared for him, is also participating in relatively few in-person briefings from his spy agencies, according to intelligence officials and a review of his schedules.

It's the latest indication that Trump does not consistently rely on the information and analysis provided to him by the $80 billion a year U.S. intelligence-gathering apparatus.

A series of recently published presidential schedules show that he has been in just 17 intelligence briefings over the last 85 days. That's about the same frequency as two of his predecessors, Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, according to a former CIA briefer who has written a book on the subject. But unlike those former presidents, Trump does not regularly read the written intelligence briefing sent over each day to the White House, U.S. officials tell NBC News, and in private he frequently questions the integrity and judgment of the intelligence officials who are giving him secret information.

When Trump believes something to be true, U.S. officials tell NBC News, it's extremely difficult for them to dissuade him, even if they have a mountain of evidence he is wrong. And when he doubts something they are telling him, he often requires iron-clad proof of a type that is rarely available from intelligence collection.

3. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    perhaps he spends his executive time surfing gatorcountry

4. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I don't think his ego could handle it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Leaker is still leaking trump's schedule. And trump is still spending most of his day with "Executive Time". Fox News ain't gonna watch itself I guess.

White House says leaker about to be caught. Then new leaked copies of Trump schedule land

Just hours after White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney declared that he expected to identify the staffer who leaked President Donald Trump's personal schedule to the news media within the week, new copies of the president's schedule were published online.

When asked about the staffer who leaked copies of Trump's schedule from a three month period, Mulvaney said on "Fox News Sunday" that he hopes "to have a resolution on that this week."

But Axios then published more copies of Trump's schedule on Sunday, one week after their original story ran. The online publication revealed four days of the president's schedule from the previous week. Those days included about 50 percent of unstructured "Executive Time."
    I bet the White House is going to rebrand "Executive Time" as "MAGA Time" or something. Base will eat it up, "Look at all that time trump spends making America great again. Is he a great president? Or is he the greatest president ever!?"

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Wow, most mortals would crumble on such a demanding workday. What a super hero! I seem to remember he says he has worked harder than any president in history (or something to that effect). I don't know about the rest of you, but those 6 hour workdays would have me seriously dragging.

7. fredsanford

fredsanford Premium Member

Dec 1, 2008
    It’s very easy to cross check his tweets vs. Fox News’ programming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. obgator

obgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007

9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Hey, he may not work hard but he does golf a lot.