Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Incoming Florida freshman LB Aaron Chiles gets guidance from former UF defensive standout

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Gatorrick22, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Another great freshman with a real focus that's hard to find in a freshman level football player... still in high school. But with former Gator mentors helping him along the way, he's doing better than most kids his grade/age.

I feel like Aaron Chiles is the most under talked about freshman in our 2024 recruiting class. I look to see him playing this season like so many other underrated freshman in our 2024 class.

Jelani Jenkins, another former Our Lady of Good Counsel linebacker from Rockville, Md., played four seasons at UF under Urban Meyer and Will Muschamp from 2009-12. Drafted in the fourth round of the NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins, Jenkins went on to a four-year NFL career with the Dolphins, Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills and Houston Texans.

“I talk to him all the time,” Chiles said. “He’s a good mentor. Seeing guys that come from our area, going in and doing things that he did, it makes it more realistic, more possible.”

Jenkins, 31, returned to his native Maryland from California more than a year ago and has been involved with the Our Lady of Good Counsel program since. Chiles made an immediate impression on Jenkins based not just on his athletic ability, but his loyalty and work ethic.

“He’s not one that looks for what’s flashy, what’s trendy,” Jenkins said. “I see him as somebody who is about his business and about just proving that he is just who he says he is, which is a championship caliber linebacker.”

Aaron Chiles brings mix of power, speed to UF football

“Really from that point forward, it just became a matter of, how good would he get, how much better would he be, how dominant he would be,” Stefanelli said. “This year, as a senior, he was running the defense, pretty much he was the coach on the field, and he was all over the field.”

What stands out about Chiles is not just his size, but his speed. He’s been clocked as fast as 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash, Stefanelli said, and has the ability to drop back and coverage and stay with opposing tight ends and running backs.

Florida Gators football LB Aaron Chiles gets guidance from Jelani Jenkins

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    • Like x 12
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    Good mentor

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    Show him the video of the TD on a blocked punt, to win the game.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ufmc84

ufmc84 All American

Aug 13, 2017
    Totally agree on Chiles. He’s not getting a lot of attention but I believe he will. Dude is just built like a brick shithouse.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1975Gator

1975Gator Senior

Jan 5, 2012
    Not getting attention? He was Gatorade Player of the Year for Maryland.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bowiegator

Bowiegator Sophomore

Apr 3, 2007
    What is funny is I am friends with the guy who wrote the song for commodores “brick house” and the original lyrics he told me was “brick shithouse” and that is why there is a pause between brick and house. He is a member at my club in Atlanta and I have played on his red clay tennis court at his house on west paces ferry

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Ask him if his wife actually wrote it. lol

• As explained in Commodores press materials, when the group needed another song for the album, their guitar/trumpet player William King was sent home to write one. He fell asleep trying to think of something, and when he woke up, there was a pad of paper on his chest with the lyrics written on it. Lucky for King, his wife Shirley Hanna-King was also a songwriter, and she wrote the words while he was sleeping. The lyrics were put to a groove the band came up with in a jam session to complete the song.
    https://www.songfacts.com/facts/commodores/brick-house

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    MaxPreps player of the year in Maryland.

9. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Sounds like it would have been nice to get him enrolled in January.

• Agree Agree x 1