Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. ATTENTION VIP MEMBERS: Your favorite full color wall calendar with Gator sports schedules is on the way to you in the mail! Expect it in a week or two at most. Questions? Ask here.

Imagine A 3D Color X-RAY of yourself (or any politician)

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by carpeveritas, Jul 12, 2018.

1. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    Ever wonder what your insides really look like? On the bleeding edge of technology you may soon find out. Can you imagine what a 3D Color X-RAY of yourself or some of our politicians might look like? Just might find out we are all made of the same stuff (or not).

CERN chip enables first 3D color X-ray images of the human body

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. finorman

finorman GC Legend

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    It’s a curious claim, since this is what a CT scan does. The equipment cost over a million and fits into a small shed that has to be lead lined.

However, medicine causes an estimated 25k new cancers every year with radiation. A single ct of the abdomen in a child, raises their risk of cancer by 25%.

The bigger story may be the advent of bedside ultrasound. New technology is now able to mass produce a single ultrasound probe (3 probes were common for bedside machines) that is the size of a deodorant bottle, plugs into an iPhone, and gives the patient and medical provider instant radiation free clinical information. (No need to develop images or send them to a radiologist to review) All for less than $2k. Meet Butterfly iQ - Whole body imaging, under $2k

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, I would also never agree to a PET scan.

4. finorman

finorman GC Legend

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    I’m not as familiar with the radiation doses of a PET scan, but my impression has a been that the PET scan will give the clinician answers to questions that aren’t available by other means. For example has cancer metastasized and if so where too? It may be unavoidable.

You are thinking smartly though....always question and consider the radiation risk. The dosage is cumulative over a lifetime, and the younger you are the more potentially damaging.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Not sure I understand the politician angle since souls don't show up on medical imaging media anyway.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Interesting. Going back 10 months now I have had 2 MRI, 2 CT, 2 X-rays. MRI just last week. My Spine is a mess, my medical term. Thursday was fun, 2 more spine shots. Maybe I should ask if my last MRI showed anything political.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. finorman

finorman GC Legend

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    A political spine is commonly found in the working man/woman, and so rare in politicians that it not worth the effort or cost to even perform advanced imaging to confirm their classification as invertebrates.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. secgator

secgator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 1, 2007
    Besides, history has long since proven there is no such thing as a political spine. The only true medical procedure which confirms anything political has been the colonoscopy.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Well then, I had a colonoscopy last November. All went OK. Everything was good. Don’t have to have it done again for 5 years! ;)

10. finorman

finorman GC Legend

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    I’m not intending to give medical advice, just having a conversation, but many low risk people are using Cologuard....I’d rather poop in a box than get the hose.

• Agree Agree x 1