Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

I'm sorry to be a bit happy.....

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by neelyre, Mar 28, 2021.

1. neelyre

neelyre Freshman

Jul 13, 2008
    Alabama was REALLY good at Basketball this year,

but....

losing tonite secured the Gators still as the only school to have held Nattys in Football & Basketball in same year (2006-7)

• Like x 9
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    F bama.

• Agree x 11
    • Like x 3
    • Best Post Ever x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Go Gators, fire mike white.

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Come On Man x 2
  4. MRG8R

MRG8R Freshman

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks just made my day!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    :emoji_thinking:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. desoto87

desoto87 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    and fsu lost - so that feels better too!

• Like x 7
    • Agree x 7
    • Funny x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Friendly x 1
  7. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    This makes more and more sense everyday.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    His teams are missing the killer instinct. Isn't that coaching or lack thereof? I'm not a bundle of knowledge in BB but you can't fall apart in the end; regularly. On occasion, yes. I'll also throw this in (while I'm spewing my lack of knowledge) ... seems the portal adds to the complexity of a teams overall makeup with regards to a unified group playing as one. And it isn't even egos, just a lack of overall familiarity with each other. Not to offer an excuse, just saying.

I'd say one more year...

Big Program, big expectations. Some pretty horrific losses this year. Losing Keyonte didn't help, but we had some decent kids. We should be moving closer to the goal. Not sliding backwards. One other note. Covid year. What a cluster fook at best...But, the games that slipped away this year were a mind-boggling.

Here's to some decent recruits settling in and a few gets from the portal...

Go Gators.;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    What UF accomplished in 06-07 is incredibly difficult. Expect that record to stand for a long time.

Not only did we win both titles durig the same academic year (06-07), we also held both titles for an entire calendar year (365 days) thanks to the basketball team going back to back.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    I disagree with the title of the thread, cuz I'm not a bit sorry. Bama and fsu losing, actually, makes me giddy.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Winner x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  11. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Maybe should be in NBN, but Mike White should be in some trouble. Particularly with the large exodus of players recently.

12. ozgatorfan

ozgatorfan Senior

Apr 12, 2007
    Many Thought the same about Billy until 06. Those years were awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

There was a thread on here a few weeks back addressing the potential dilemma of Bama vs. ref$u playing for the championship, and who would you pull for. I’m really really glad it didn’t come to that.

Go Gators

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    I was pulling for Alabama to lose eventually, yeah because I want UF to be the only team to be Champs in hoops and football concurrently. I didn't really care about last night, kind a didn't want UCLA to win either, haven't they won enough? It's been a while for them but anywho...

About Mike White, I am not in favor of firing him unless you can get a proven winner to replace him. I think he is done a nice job under the circumstances. We are one of like 9 teams with at least 1 win in the tourney since 2017 (not sure it that is the streak or not, but it was impressive).

Trying to fill "The Kid's" shoes is no easy task and a lot of coaches wouldn't have tried it. Even now though, who is going to come to Florida and coach our Gators that is definitely an upgrade to White? It isn't a desirable job because we don't have fan support like we should. Seems like it's always been a problem here, possibly a big part of the reason Billy left. Lon Kruger even made cracks about it.

I think we need to be a bit more patient with Coach White, he might figure things out too. Maybe he needs some great assistants? Billy's teams also were better when he had the best assistants.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kuwait
    Nothing to be sorry about at all. Apart from FSU losing, seeing Bama go down was my primary motivation for continuing to follow the Tourney.

And to thrash the expired equine some more, anyone who thinks that Mike White is getting it done (or that he hasn’t yet had a fair chance to prove he could) simply hasn’t been paying attention. We need new blood.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. igabradley

igabradley GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Chattahoochee
    Bama. No question. He'll I'll openly root for Georgia against fsu

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    ok, now lets fire TG, :devil:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    To go along with this if you looked at Bama's team, lots of seniors. That has been our issue whether it is leaving early for NBA or transfer portal.
    If you look at the majority of teams that perform well (with the exception of some uber talented Duke, Ky, NC teams etc.) they have senior leadership.
    Need to start convincing guys to complete their eligibility. Not an easy task.

19. gator4ever39

gator4ever39 Junior

Feb 2, 2008
    Sun valley idaho
    I couldn’t agree more. I hate FSU so much it contributed to my high blood pressure at times.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Ordinarily I’d wholeheartedly agree, but I don’t want anyone else ever duplicating the profound accomplishments of our teams back in 06-08. Not dissimilar to pulling for the last undefeated NFL team to get beaten and preserve the Miami Dolphins’ record for the only undefeated season. I’ll always remember that game in 84 in the Orange Bowl against the undefeated Bears - last chance to defend the record, and they did. Only game the Bears lost that year. It was awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1