Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

IG report on Hillary e-mail case

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Jun 14, 2018.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013

I doubt there is anything huge in this one like there will be in the one coming that covers the FISA stuff. A lot of crimes were committed in the Trump spying scandal.

I like how Strzok and company have no problem talking about what their goals are however when it comes to these investigations by the crooked FBI and the rest of Obama's DOJ.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    STRZOK: ‘We’ll Stop’ Trump Presidency

FBI agent Peter Strzok assured his mistress and colleague Lisa Page that they would stop Donald Trump from winning the presidency in a text message, a new report from the DOJ inspector general finds per Bloomberg News White House Correspondent Jennifer Jacobs.

“Several FBI employees Who played critical roles in the investigation sent political messages,” the report reads, according to Jacobs.

“(Trump’s) not ever going to become president, right? Right?!” Page wrote to Strzok, Bloomberg reports.

“No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it,” Strzok reportedly replied.
    ----------------------------

I am sure Strzok was referring to his critical vote for POTUS in DC which might have flipped the election. :D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Bombshell ... the report concludes Comey broke FBI protocol when he "reopened the email case" but it was not politically motivated to help Trump ... So, pretty much what Comey admitted to over a year ago ... Bombshell!

“While we did not find that these decisions were the result of political bias on Comey’s part, we nevertheless concluded that by departing so clearly and dramatically from FBI and department norms, the decisions negatively impacted the perception of the FBI and the department as fair administrators of justice,” Inspector General Michael Horowitz said in the report’s conclusions, which were obtained Thursday by Bloomberg News.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    As far as Comey goes. Its McCabe with the huge political donations his wife got from Clinton connections and super agent Strzok with his text messages that show the huge political problems with this e-mail case. Comey just sat back and let them run things mostly but he knew what was going on and approved of it also. Someone in the White House was ultimately running it probably.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DaveFla

DaveFla GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Funny. Most of us were saying that Comey wasnt following proper FBI procedures for a few years now.

The IG report confirms it.

There shall be a rather large portion of crow to be consumed in here today.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    Doubt it.

Every one will head to that river in Egypt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DaveFla

DaveFla GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pun intended?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    Maybe

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Missteps but no political bias.

Now back to your regularly scheduled partisan programming.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Yeah, Comey was so determined to prevent Trump from being elected that he broke FBI rules to announce that the Clinton investigation was being reopened 11 days before the election.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. DaveFla

DaveFla GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    At least, that's the spin CNN is putting out there. However, given the facts, and the texts regarding their efforts to prevent Trump from winning the election, I can’t see how anyone could definitively say that political biases were not involved.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I am shocked, shocked, to learn there is corruption at the FBI.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. DaveFla

DaveFla GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Corruption only at the top...

14. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bombshell, the report hasn't been released yet.. its now 1:53 pm

15. philobeddoe

philobeddoe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Absolutely no way the IG would report there was political bias in the DOJ or FBI. No way, repercussions would be significant if the DOJ/FBI was attempting a coup.

16. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    Excuse me? No political bias. "Trump will never be President. We'll make sure."

You don't see any political bias there? :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. DaveFla

DaveFla GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

You (and CNN) may want to go back and edit this now that the entire report is coming to light.

It specifically cites political bias not only in the uncovered text messages, but in their attempts to cover them up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. gatorev12

gatorev12 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 27, 2009
    If there was no bias, I sure hope the report clarifies why the hell the FBI agents in charge allowed the subjects of the "investigation" to lie to them multiple times without punishment or criminal charges filed when such lies were exposed.

I can't think of any other reason *besides* outright political bias why that was given a pass. It can't be incompetence because the same FBI agent charged Gen Flynn with misleading statements, so he damn well knows the law enough to observe it whem the subject of his investigation changes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And what else is new?

20. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I can only assume you are talking about liberals, but I’m pretty sure that they have been furious about the way Comey handled the Clinton case from the start.