Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

If you had a chance to talk to the team before UK game.

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by HallGator, Mar 5, 2020.

1. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    What would you say to them?

I would emphasize how a win over UK would look on our postseason resume.

I would tell them to have fun while not letting their concentration get down.

I would remind them that for some this will be their last game on Billy Donovan court and it will be a memory they'll take with them for the rest of their lives.

Lastly, I would tell them that they have everything they need to go out and get a win. It's all right there within their grasps. And I would tell them how proud I am of their accomplishments and the fact they never let adversity get them down.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Brewski

Brewski Premium Member

Oct 13, 2011
    I’d tell them not to forget when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...or maybe the Alamo. Tough choice. ; )

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I know your username probably says a lot but it's a bit early to be drinking, isn't it?:)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    I like Hall’s comment about all these athletes playing the last game in the Odome together. I would just add, go out and have fun, play together but bring it the best that you have in you! Florida is a launching pad for talented players. Good luck and shoot with confidence. Each and everyone of you, when you give it all that you have, raises the quality of the team, that’s all anyone can ask!
    Go Gators, I will be in the Bridgestone waiting for ya’lls arrival and continued good play.

• Like Like x 2
  6. lawgator1

lawgator1 Freshman

Nov 13, 2018
    "Wake the F up and play in the first five minutes like you will in the last five."

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. REM08

REM08 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2010
    Arkansas
    I'd simply tell them how incredibly overrated Kentucky is and how even a 50% effort will be enough for an easy W. What matters most is their health - emotional and physical - and that they should spend time thinking mostly about those things during the game. That and girls. They should try and find ones they like in the stands. During play of course. :D

• Funny Funny x 14
  8. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Tell them that they already blew out Pearl and Wade, so a third cheater should be a piece of cake.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Now Rem, we know you are a kitty die-hard and that our guys are BMOC. They already have the girls. Your big is as soft as our big, it comes down to who can shoot and whoever the refs are favoring. Just glad we get a second chance at the Kitties! We know Cal is telling them if you don’t care, neither do I, it will just hurt your draft status and money. They will play hard no doubt, they don’t have anything else to do! LOL

School, no my tutor takes care of all dat!

10. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    I’d say:

Great moments are born from great opportunity, and that's what you have here today, boys. That's what you've earned here today.

One game; if we played them ten times, they might win six. But not today! - not this game on Billy Donovan-freakin’ floor!!

Today: we run with them. Today, we shoot with them. Today, we guard them, and today, we shut them down because we can!!

Today: we are the greatest college basketball team in the nation!

You all were born to be basketball players—every one of you. You were meant to be here, as Gators - today. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over! I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great basketball team the Wildcats are!! Sick of hearing about the big blue nation! Screw 'em!!! This is your time. Now go out there and take it!

• Like Like x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

Start about the 4 minute mark....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I would say...

Guys it’s been about the same thing for us the entire year. It’s been about us becoming the best team we can be. Tonight is not about the past and it’s not about the future. It’s about right NOW! And you guys have got to want this night to last forever. You’ve got to want to run and play and defend all night long. You’ve got to live in the moment and understand there’s going to be adversity and there’s going to be challenges. That is what’s brought us close together as a team has been the adversity and the challenge. Live in the moment, cherish each moment and go out there and play as a team!

• Like Like x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    Seeing that we are playing the cats.....

14. GatorTodd

GatorTodd GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Live in the moment! This has always made me want to run through a brick wall.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Classic

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Guess we can end this thread Hall ! Sorry partner

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Bring Tebow in and let him do it. We would beat them by a hunit.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. gator_gary

gator_gary All American

Jun 27, 2007
    I would tell them we are undefeated on BD court. Pay tribute to BD and those that came before you by finishing the season that way. Make it seem like we have not lost on this court and will not lose on it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. g8rvet

g8rvet Premium Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Just play your best boys and have fun, there will be ice cream and trophies for everyone. (oh wait, that was when I coached 3rd graders and I actually was harder on them!).

I actually told the kids that we play to have fun and I promise you it is more fun to win. So win!

• Like Like x 1
  20. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007

• Like Like x 3