Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

If we lose to Vandy..

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by twodaparty, Jan 29, 2020.

1. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Will the remaining White supporters still want him as our coach?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 VIP Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    It's at Vandy too, a place we've had problems winning at in the past.

I think those that support him will continue to support him; those that don't will only want him gone more. That is to say if they still actually care about this season, and don't think it's spiraling downward even if we beat the worst team in the conference.

3. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Whether we win or lose at Vandy, Mike White will be the coach next season.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. 407king

407king GC Hall of Fame

Dec 8, 2018
    Would be such an embarrassing loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We will see this game if the players care anymore about the season. Hopefully their interest is higher than most of our fans at this point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. jareduf

jareduf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Really hope our players have some pride and find a way to win this game. Can't believe this Gator team demolished Auburn less than 2 weeks ago. Definitely benefited from an awful shooting night from Auburn. Hopefully AN decides to bring it on Saturday. Imo, when he doesn't show up, they stand little chance of winning and when he plays well, the Gators seem to also.

At the very least a win on Saturday would keep the Gators in contention to make the tournament. A loss would seem to unofficially be the end. Be nice to see this team play hard and disciplined for 40 minutes.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Yes

8. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Would be about the in line with this so called fan base

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    Wing, I have to be honest....what is it that you see in White that is encouraging? Because right now, in the past two seasons, I haven't seen anything outside of his recruiting that gives me any faith that he is going to get the job done.

10. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    Vandy was beating UK at Rupp 35 to 28 at the half.
    I am scared of what will happen here if we don't get the win.

11. 33hoop

33hoop VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    E pluribus unum

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. 33hoop

33hoop VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Most of us will be upset and vent over it, others will pump sunshine and stick their head in the sand. So, pretty much business as usual.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Yes great recruiter
    Honest to a fault
    Great rep of UF
    High ceiling, room to grow
    Prospects like him
    HS /AAU coaches like him
    Young guy
    Nobody out there who can do better
    And honestly does this fan base really give a crap? Leave him be and he will pay off !!!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Now, do Sully :)

15. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    Perfect.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. bgator85

bgator85 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sarasota
    I'm on the fence in this whole thing and agree with a lot of those characteristics, but I'm curious how long you think he should get to prove he's the long term guy? There is a point where if it's not working out you have to move on. I'm not a fan of the Muschamp comparisons, but it does seem to fit here as I'd say he had a lot of those same qualities.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bold statement here. In fact, if this is true, you don’t really need to list any other reasons.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    He gets another year regardless of how this year ends. However, a bad year next year and then I think chances are good he's gone. After 5 years of coaching here, I don't expect more than what we've seen and I guess for half of the fanbase thats acceptable for his retention. If UF standard is winning championships, I just don't see it in BB with this coaching staff. I do like our chances with football and baseball.
    I hope this doesn't come off as knocking fans that love MW, I believe they will watch and support the team no matter what and they are more of a fan than I. In some ways I wish I could be a bit more like them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    I agree with most except for this one. I'd be willing to bet there are at least 50 coaches out there that would have this team playing at a 2-3 seed line level.

And I give a crap, but at some point potential and the ambassador qualities don't cut it for me. I'd rather have a guy who is rough around the edges that gets the most out of his players on a consistent basis.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Vandy had a composed team playing Kentucky.
    Decent bigs, guards that are quick. they seem to me to be getting better. If our team thinks this a soft, crummy team, then surprise. We have to make shots and defend, not let them shoot uncontested threes. Their guards got inside and finished on Kentucky time and time again.Hoping for the best, but feel uneasy once again!

They played Kentucky to the hilt on the road, some homer calls at the end allowed Kentucky some breathing room. Surprised they haven’t won an SEC game. Stackhouse has some good transfers on the way. We are at a crossroad, do we win a game, or do we keep repeating bad shooting and poor defense at the end of the second half.
    We need this game, a lot of tough games to go yet.

• Informative Informative x 2