Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

I think it’s start to gel

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Nov 22, 2019.

1. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Xavier is the first high quality team that the Gators will play this year. We are going to learn a lot from this game.

2. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Everything should be fine if the shots continue to fall. This team is too talented to mire in a team wide shooting slump for long. I agree with you, good to see Scottie step up and become more aggressive. He is such a good kid probably a little reluctant to try to take charge as a freshman, but someone needs to be a leader and he has what it takes to lead this team.

3. jmac83

jmac83 GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    Did Mann even make the trip to Charleston?

4. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    "Mea culpa" is Latin for "I'm sorry."* That said, no one literally demanded an "apology" and I put the word in quotation marks, implying someone did, so I'll take the L on that.

That said, it's a pretty consistent pattern where a successful game inevitably results in demands for accountability from...internet posters.

*Not literally, of course - literally it (apparently) means "through my fault."

5. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    Yes

• Like Like x 1
  6. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Well, that was me saying, certain posters ought to say "My fault" for awful comments made about the coach from a particularly viscous thread. My response was based on 2 games with consistent improvement and only after the litany of mean spirited comments. The thread I referenced was not a constructive thread about a game. It was filled with demeaning comments about the coach of the Florida Gators BB team. I also allowed that my request may be premature, but so were the doom and gloom posts.

An apology for being wrong is not what I referenced. That would be silly. It was another animal completely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Recognize or idolize? To recognize is to say "the team played well tonight. Looked good after 4 poorly played games."
    Idolize is when after 4 miserably played game that one win is exalted as the 2nd coming of Gator basketball.

The topic and posts easily enter into the idolize description.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  8. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Started to "bitch"? Quite a high road you have chosen. I described my feelings of White quite well and none of it was your so called "bitching". In fact I will stand by my evaluation of him throughout this year because his tendency is to follow that style.
    You certainly must evaluate your accusations. Yes you should.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    Any word on Mann or is it a game time decision?

10. akaGatorhoops

Apr 10, 2007
    Here is the original post:

It’s subtle but the guys are definitely finding some fluidity. Scottie is beginning to look comfortable and really assert himself. Key is playing exactly as he needs to and shots are beginning to fall.

You are honestly telling me this post sounds more like “exalting as the second coming of basketball” than it does your criteria for recognition?

SOME fluidity...
    BEGINNING to look comfortable...
    BEGINNING to fall...

And the title is, “I think it’s starting to gel”.

That’s exaltation??????????????????

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. melrose12

melrose12 All American

Jun 25, 2019
    This will be a good win for the Gators. Think they have got what was missing (Confidence).

• Like Like x 1
  12. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    The injury to Mann, the ejection of Blackshear, have made different lineups a neccessity. Also, more minutes to spread around which is providing valuable game experience.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area

With the way Lewis shot the ball in the first few games, I had kind of written off his ability to hit jumpers consistently (at least this season) even after what I saw as his first breakout game against Towson, which included a couple of made threes. I figured those 2 threes were probably flukish. I was looking at him as being able to play offensively kind of like a Casey Prather on steroids! :cool:

But, this last breakout game is making me think he might have a decent stroke this season. That would be a valuable addition to his other giant-size strengths!

And, Lewis' defense is starting to remind of a very athletic version of (another blast from the past) Will Yeguete!

Beal came in to UF as a more polished player. But, I think Lewis' aggressiveness has me thinking already (prematurely?) that Lewis (in his freshman season - which I sort of assume will be his only season at UF) can be more a more impactful player for us than freshman Beal was.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    He was cleared to play this afternoon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    That's great. He should be fresh and raring to go.

16. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I just read The Athletic's article previewing the Thursday games. The writer (Brian Bennet) was chagrined for picking us for FF so he picked St. Joe's. Anyway, here is what stood out:

"The Gators, who play at the 345th-slowest pace in Division I, ..."

Wow. Don't tell @toddrl :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No knock on Mann, but how will this affect the rotation? Does Lewis get less playing time? Does Glover lose his minutes. Do Johnson and Lewis get less offensive opportunities? We just played our 2 best games while Mann was out. Let’s hope things go as well or better with him back.

18. akaGatorhoops

Apr 10, 2007
    The second half of St. Joe’s game was a disaster.
    Yesterday, however, was fantastic. I think Noah and Glover will see less minutes than the past couple games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Good question. It's going to be interesting to see how, and how much, White uses him tomorrow.

20. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area

Maybe Brian Bennett will be chagrined again. :rolleyes:

(...meaning UF gets to the FF after all, if my meaning was unclear. He should get zero credit for his original prediction if UF goes deep in the tourney.)