Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

I think it’s start to gel

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Nov 22, 2019.

1. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Crucial. We saw it coming. Haven't seen a personality and fire like him since Noah. Our team needs him. I hope he is our lightning rod.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  2. UTGator

UTGator Senior

Oct 5, 2010
    Yep, I would like to see Lewis get more opportunities in the pick n' roll to attack downhill with his athleticism.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

It was in his press conference and posted on floridagators.com after the loss to UConn. He said he does not talk to the team about rankings and outside expectations. When Nembhard spoke about things he had read, CMW said he was going to deal with the issues directly and begin to engage the team on performance vs expectations, etc. His concern was that games did not look like practice and he needed to discuss why with the team.

He was excoriated on this board for the comments which were offered as proof he could not improve the offense.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gogators73

gogators73 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 30, 2007
    St. Petersburg, FL
    No one can deny the improvement over the past two games. I just hope that it doesn’t come to a halt vs. Xavier. 5-2 with a win over a ranked team feels worlds better than 4-3.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I add my own :umm really" because the topic of this thread is eerily similar to the 15 year old boy bragging he lost his virginity and from here on out it's easy street because he got skills now.
    in other words stop blowing up the balloons and cancel the party favors until this team can be consistent on the court.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Winning is what we all want but coming out of this tourney with an improved team is the biggest thing for me. So far we're off to a good start and we should actually be a little more rested than Xavier come game time tomorrow. Don't know if that really matters much with young guys but it could be a slight edge in a close game. When we start hitting on all cylinders we're going to be a tough matchup for anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    How you deduced that from a thread titled, “I THINK it’s STARTING to gel”, I’ll never know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Either that or a commercial for hair products. Didn't take much to deduce from the title and responses that the rah rah campaign began prematurely.

9. akaGatorhoops

Apr 10, 2007
    Yeah. God forbid, we ... as fans... recognize when the team plays well, and starts showing some signs of promise.
    Lol!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    How do you know it began prematurely? I could understand that take if we had played another game and looked bad but as it stands.........???

• Like Like x 1
  11. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Honestly, these loud demands for "apologies" from anyone who criticized Mike White every time we play a good game are so pathetic. He's a millionaire, guys. He can handle a few internet posters criticizing his offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Without rereading the whole thread, who is demanding apologies?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. akaGatorhoops

Apr 10, 2007
    I haven’t seen apology demands, either. At least not that I recall.
    I’ve said the same you have.... I have no issue with a coach being critiqued, even if harshly. As you said, he gets paid the big bucks.
    There is, however, a poster or two who can make this board insufferable. But that’s on me and my stubbornness for not using the block feature.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. toddrl

toddrl GC Hall of Fame

Jan 22, 2019
    Some signs of life for sure, we'll see if we can do it against Xavier, an excellent defensive team. Certainly with KB in there the ball moves much better. I also like us finally putting him in high post area at FT extended and running O through him there. Nice additions to the O

15. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    Though no one technically, those who have been critical of this team seem to be getting character shamed by a few since yesterday. Example #1.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 Senior

May 9, 2015
    Yet it only took two games this year for you and other posters to start bitching and moaning about Coach White and how lousy he was and he was going to waste all this talent that he had recruited. Hypocritical much?????

17. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    I hope we do well vs Xavier.
    Otherwise, I might have to have a Come-to-Jesus meeting with Coach White when I'm over there at Thanksgiving.
    Awkward.

18. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Don Devoe owes all of us an apology.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    His stroke is fine, but he is going to have to adjust to the longer shot. He has so much arc in his shot at times, it’s practically like shooting an NBA three.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Curious to see how they use Mann when he returns

• Agree Agree x 1