Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

I Spoke to Finebaum about Jeremy Pruitt and Tennessee!!!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by JHCRANE14, Jul 9, 2018.

1. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Sorry for the mini-hijack.

IMO, talk shows work as long as the majority of it is about a well thought-out presentation by the host with a few, short time callers thrown in to add to the discussion. Unfortunately, invariably a caller or two get on and they begin to drag the show down. I switch as soon as I can hear it getting tangential. Being a fan is always a fun thing but TV/radio is NOT a fan forum, unless you are smack dab in a huge group of them. Someone has to pay the costs and a spirited couple of yahoos aren't going to do it.

2. persuader

persuader VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Florida
    Yeah, I heard you call in that day. Was surprised when I figured out you weren’t a Gator, um or ufs fan. That was a good call.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. TheRaid

TheRaid Premium Member

Good for you. I never hear Tennessee callers call in, but then again, I only catch a few minutes on my drive home from work.

Back in the day, when Doug Dickey was still around, he used to have a regular Tenuhsee caller who always signed off with "Have a Dickey day". Next time you call, you should close with that and ask him if he remembers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Seems like most of the time it's from some of our lowest common denominator fans. Rarely does it come from reasonable articulate members of the fan base. I somehow think that's deliberate.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. gatorich

gatorich GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pensacola, FL
    He definitely caters to the bamer fans but what do you expect from a Finebaum show that originally started in Bham? He graduated from UT, by the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1