Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

I like to keep beating this "Drum" - It HAS to mean something !!

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Gatorhead, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    FSU - We drubbed them, 6-6, fired coach.
    Miami - Beat them too, poor first year performance, 6 and 6?
    UGA - Ahhh UGA ………. As the great Gator Growl would say, still no title since the Pleistocene!!

So FSU and Miami is currently in the "tank" and the unstoppable recruiting machine
    "broke-down" again when it really counted. Will the "shine" dull a bit now?

Short of UF winning the east / SEC championship I can't imagine a better season ending scenario for UF.

Consider me in the school of thought that believes UF, outside of LSU, may have gotten the most traction out of the season this year when compared to the rest of the SEC.

10-2 going to the Orange Bowl, I mean isn't it clear to just about everyone that UF's trajectory is rocketing up, FSU and Miami is in free-fall and UGA may have hit it's nadir.

Just can't imagine that the misfortune of perhaps our three biggest recruiting rivals doesn't translate into some real positives / advantages the remainder of this recruiting cycle and of course next cycle. BAMA can no longer be billed as the unstoppable Jagger naught.

I'm sure all of Gator Nation would like to see what CDM and staff can do when they have the Percy Harvin's of the world to work with! Work em silly Gators!!!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    Agreed, I don't think UF is worried about competing with FSU and Miami for recruits anymore but Bama, Clemson, and UGA appear to be taking many/most of the kids we want.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. swoosh69

swoosh69 All American

May 15, 2007
    Agree with the sentiment that we have the momentum right now, and I believe despite all the recruiting success, UGA sees it coming for them soon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes, that is true... for now.
    But Florida is coming on... definitely surging! And FSU's and the Co-Cane's demise could not have come at a better time.
    Those two situations combined can lead to some very synergistic results! (two plus two equals five!)
    Now... take all of the above and combine that with the fact that we are approaching the building of our new, "Stand-Alone Football Complex"!!
    I can promise anyone... anyone... that this new building will be bringing in the recruits! Who was the genius who said:
    "Hey... we need to build an exotic outdoor pool also in the complex! And oh yea... lets add a ton of beautiful palm trees to the whole enchilada!"

Brilliant!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. g8rboy

g8rboy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    You'd have to think we would be trending much higher in the eyes of the recruits.

And kudos for using 'nadir'.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. antny1

antny1 All American

Dec 3, 2019
    Had our complex been built already I think there is no question we would have capitalized greatly this year. As it stands things are looking better but still not what it could and hopefully will be

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The East was easy the past four years. My impression of CDM’s two meetings with Georgia is we weren’t at our best coaching. I didn’t see the stuff that made CDM so respected. Please, nobody cry. Until CDM calls a great game and our DC puts it together for that game we might ask in several years why we can’t beat krappy kirby. We have played georgia a little tight and yeah, hopefully we shed that and get on top of it again. How nice would it be to participate in their demise?

The post game where kirby poops on his players was too much for me. That had to create some discomfort among georgia faithful. I know I would have had him in my office next day were I the AD.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    THE reason that Georgia is ahead of us is two-fold:
    1. They tremendously upgraded their facilities. And that also includes them lengthening the airstrip at the airport at Athens. Just six years ago, any recruit that had to fly to visit the University of Georgia had to land at Hartsfield-Jackson International.
    Then, one of the coaching staff had to drive over from Athens and pick him up. And then, do the whole thing over again when the recruit was going home.
    2. They have been recruiting lights out over the last six to seven years! Sam Pittman has been able to sign all of those 5-Star Offensive linemen compared to the linemen that Florida has gotten over that same time span.
    Heck... we are STILL not up to par, offensive lineman-wise... even today.
    Basically stated: Georgia is ahead of us and it will take a bit more time for us to catch up with them.
    Offensive linemen will make any coach look good... even if that coach (Mullen) is not having the best day on game day.
    Just ask Coach O at L.S.U. that....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    and two coach.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Just have to win more than half the recruiting battles that we NEED to win and things will work out in the long run. Getting blue chippers like Gervon, Wingo, and Walker is a damn good start. We just need to win more.

I believe we'll have a top 5 class come 2021 and a chance at a top 3 finish. You heard it here first

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    We don't really have to worry about our in-state rivals. It is those out to state schools getting the Florida high school 5 stars. Ga. Clemson, Ala. and LSU have more 5 star commitments that the top three schools in Florida.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    To make matters worse, they're getting them EARLY in the cycle too. It's not like as the season goes on that we lose battles for the 5* recruits...but we're losing them in the beginning of the year and then just fall out of the picture even if the recruit waivers down the line. We gotta starting winning those battles in the spring from how recruiting has begin to get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Don’t think coaching was the problem in ‘18. Franks overthrow of a wide open Jefferson in the first series and the fumble deep in our territory was the equivalent of the 14 point difference in the final score. I wasn’t impressed with this season’s plan to win but a healthy Greenard and Zuniga would have made a difference - maybe a 7 point difference. I loathe the fact that Fromm plays his best game of the seasons vs. the Gators. Especially on 3rd and long. Hope staff can come up with a grad transfer and/or JUCO offensive tackles ready to step in and lead the OL. If CDM can give Toney and Grimes valid reasons for coming back and being his “go to guys”, ‘20 should be a very good season.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So... essentially Pittman was their bag-man... Because his talking skills wasn't getting those 5* star players.