Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

I just don't get...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by intimigator1, Nov 25, 2020.

1. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I have a UMD (University of Minnesota at Duluth) NCAA hockey championship T-shirt with a Bulldog mascot on the front in FSU colors. You can imagine the funny looks I get when I wear that up at the Publix LOL.

[​IMG]

Go Dawgs!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    It wasn't truly a slippery slope in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. It was a deliberately cruel way to isolate and exclude Jews before the third reich settled on the final solution. This cannot compared to temporary measures to deal with a public health emergency.

On the other hand, no doubt post 9/11 legislation such as the Patriot Act did erode some of our freedom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. blueridgegator

blueridgegator Freshman

Apr 9, 2020
    Interesting to note the great disparity in Dem. events during the election process - mostly better distanced and much more masked than Republican events. Which would you think lead to more covid infections among the participants? Which have? Facts are stubborn things (saying attributed to John Adams).

4. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    My ex is a UMD graduate for what its worth. I believe 92 grad.

• Like Like x 2
  5. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Small world. My nieces and their husbands went there. Duluth is an awesome town. In July. Otherwise it's like the arctic circle LOL.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    What can I say, I'm a wuss about cold weather. This was my wardrobe in the summer.

[​IMG]

Now my wardrobe is T-shirts, board shorts and flip flops. Let's just say in MN I was a walleye out of water, but in Central Florida I'm right at home. :)

8. l_boy

l_boy VIP Member

Jan 6, 2009
    The evidence is mixed, but I think there is a modest amount of protection with a mask, depending on what it is made of. I just read you can improve the effectiveness by adding a 3rd layer of a surgical mask between the two cloth layers.

9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I lived most of my life in FL - Naples, Gville, Tampa area, then Gville again. At this point you are just rubbing it in.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. l_boy

l_boy VIP Member

Jan 6, 2009
    So in other words, the passage of any law will lead to a slippery slope to communism.

I guess we should get rid of all of those traffic laws, speed limits, and pretty much all of the other laws that help protect us. Except for morality laws. We need more of those.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.00818

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I must have missed something, for the longest time you was against the mask or lock downs and now you're for them seriously what changed

13. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    The ability to be smart enough to see that my position was less informed than my opinion could hold up to. In other words, one should always be intelligent enough to realise ones errors and correct them without regard to being labeled by those previous errors in judgement. One would have to be a fool not to see that early on most of us didn't see the value in mask wearing nor the impact of what the pandemic does. By the way, I have worn my mask everywhere since mid April even if I didn't agree with it at that time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have also at the locations where it was required, still I don't agree but appreciate your response

15. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    According to your consistent cynical mindset then should I care if you "appreciate" any of my responses? what good does it provide anyway?

16. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Thanks Doctor.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Your welcome Mr. Scientist

18. tilly

I am not the one making all the definitive claims.

My organization does a great deal of homework and consultation with medical folks. There is no agenda other than protecting our staff and our business.

This weird MADE UP opinion that masks is a "false opinion" is meaningless without some date.

Are seat belts one of the small things that you speak of? Car seats for our kids? What other small safety features are you scared of?

• Like Like x 4
  19. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I just don't get your opinion or agree with it
    Doesn't mean I'm scared of anything sounds like you and others are the ones who are scared

20. tilly

A totally I am not scared for me, but we caretake for my wife's 82 year old grandfather. How hard is it to put a piece of cloth on that may protect him?

Everything isn't political.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1