Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

I just don't get...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by intimigator1, Nov 25, 2020.

1. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    You're obviously missing the slippery slope: Today's it's a mask, tomorrow it's concentration camps.
    The direct line is obvious.:cool:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    The slippery slope from a yellow star to a camp did happen.
    Masks are not the same thing - you should wear a mask - but just like 9/11, our elected leaders have used a crisis to erode our personal liberties - and I’m not talking about masks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    That's what the all mask nazis are pushing for so arrest for non compliance is a shock? Just counting the days before someone is shot by the cops for not wearing a mask.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  4. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    That's how it always starts. With something seemingly "small" and needful (if you don't do this, you're causing thousands of deaths). It's no coincidence that the same group of people pushing the mask mandates are the same people who want to take our guns, same people who want to cancel certain entertainment or performances (ie free speech no longer exists), same people who come up with slogans like "defund the police", which is really just a backdoor to that crowd having more control over society, the same people who think the governor of a state should be able to severely curtail the amount of attendees at a given mass.

Just like canceling certain tv shows will never end racism, requiring (by law) everyone to mask up isn't going to stop the Coronavirus. In fact, I'd argue there are more people masking up now than ever and we see what's happening. I don't know if you have a GOP governor there in NC, but here we have a liberal Democrat governor who has made some very arbitrary and arcane guidelines regarding this virus. For example, he wanted it required that anyone who visits a state with 15% or higher positive test rate have to quarantine here for 14 days upon returning home. Then, he added Florida to that list of states, but Florida did not have a 15% positive test rate. He did it in response to DeSantis lifting the mask mandate. Completely arbitrary and political. He also tried pulling this stunt a couple of weeks before fall break, when thousands of families had already planned trips to Florida for the week.

Fortunately, we have Daniel Cameron as attorney general (who actually got way more votes than our governor). Everything has been turned into an "advisory", instead of an "order".

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Been to the Dr. lately? The receptionists ask whether you have traveled outside the country. The nurse then asks questions about your mental condition. They were doing this before the pandemic. How is that different from what you describe here?

6. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Yes.
    Several differences:
    1. One is compulsory - the other optional
    2. Questions are about the family as a whole - not individual issues
    3. Questioning a minor vs. questioning a consenting adult.

7. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Liberty requires personal responsibility. Trump is demonstrating the fragility of a society which guarantees liberty when abused by bad actors.

• Winner Winner x 4
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I was referring to Joe the laborer (see "what you describe here"). That eliminates #1, 3. The question to Joe doesn't specially identify any family members, nor does it specify whether he was time with them; only addresses those outside the family.

Regarding the Qs toward children, I agree there are potential concerns there. One of which would be what schools have the time/personnel to question all the students. o_O

9. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    This virus does not spread like the flu - didn't you hear dear leader's interview back in February when he said it spreads in the air, nothing like the regular flu? You need to read more of real scientists who are epidemiologists articles and news. You're really out of touch with the latest information about this virus. You're so March 2020.

I think it's pretty crappy of those of you who refuse to google and find the non partisan scientists who prove that if everyone wore a mask, it would save lives. You don't want to save lives apparently. Or don't care.

You know what opinions are like? Everyone has one.

10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    So what do you figure Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry has planned next, now that he's mandated face masks? What freedom do you figure he's planning to take next?

11. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I guess it depends on what state you live in. In Maryland, were asked if we recently went out of state

12. oaklandroadie2

oaklandroadie2 Freshman

Nov 14, 2017
    So, the OP admits he traveled across several state lines to break bread with non-household family members, and he went in public with residents who were acting in an unsafe manner, and he’ll seemingly return home in the coming days? Rules for thee, not me, ehhh?

What an own goal post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    nice avatar lol

14. RIP

RIP Election Prediction Savant VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    The freedom to boo the Jags.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I had to wear my wife’s pink mask with little white dots on it to buy the generic blue ones at CVS b/c I lost my custom mask.

I get everything from that CVS, so the cashier knows me and was laughing his ass off. Nothing else to add, but it was pretty funny.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    One more opportunity to see why people voted for Donald Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    Please please tell me you are not a UF grad.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    Holy crap! 515 deaths in South Korea! That’s more than the 260,000 deaths we have in this country. I majored in math at UF.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe Senior

Mar 7, 2009
    Once again for those in the back, masks don’t work by keeping the virus out. Obviously, a piece of cloth isn’t going to keep something as small as a virus out. However, it does help prevent the spread if you’re one of those who has it and doesn’t show symptoms and/or who has minor symptoms and brushes it off as something else. Having something in front of your face when you sneeze, cough, etc. will keep the particles from getting all out all over the place. That, in conjunction with social distancing, does and can make a difference. People aren’t keeping 6 feet apart, though, so it’s only going to work so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I have a gator mask and I sometimes sport a GT shirt. The dawg fans love me.

• Like Like x 2