Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

I just don't get...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by intimigator1, Nov 25, 2020.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I am gonna bet you don't work directly with a large number in public. My staff does. 200+ people a day.
    I 100% require every person that walks into our office, retail spaces, donation center, truck drivers etc to wear a mask. It's simply the decent thing to do.

While you may not be sick, the data shows that chances are someone in that 200 is. So take that times 300 days a year.

So while you think about your limited exposures, some of my staff come face to face with roughly 6000 people in a year.
    The reason that YOU should wear a mask to Publix is to reduce the risk of the 60 year old cashier that may have faced 200 people today.

We had one case in our business. We all wore masks and no one else was infected. That same person attended a small gathering in a home and 3 total people were infected. He confessed that no one was wearing a mask there, yet he did not spread it to anyone in our office where a mask is required.

That is enough for me. When you literally have a large staff of people, whose health is in your hands, you think differently about these things.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    one other thing I don't get is why this discussion couldn't be held in the base covid thread instead of starting a new thread

3. tilly

To what end? I mean if they were really seeking control, why did they chose something as minor as wearing a mask?
    I mean, my beard is quite glorious these days and perhaps a bit of jealousy exists, but it still protrudes enough to make a a brilliantly groomed statement, so I doubt beard envy is the reason. :cool:

Seriously, to what end?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    they are only looking for an excuse for their selfishness.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    This is what I don't understand. Of all the things the government requires us to do why is wearing a mask in public such a big deal?

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. tilly

That thread has kinda hit the point of the Chip Kelly thread. To many specifics to contain in one thread.

7. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    You are making my point - dealing with a pandemic is about fighting a common enemy using common sense health practices whether in a communist or liberal democratic country. In the US it has become a left vs right phenomenon, and I believe it is because Trump initially lied about the dangerousness of the virus, as he idiotically explained to Woodward, and then when he realized his failure to head off the crisis, he tried to deny the dangerousness of it by making it sound as though basic health practices were limiting people's freedom.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. tilly

Yeah. I don't get it. The shutdown complains make some sense, but the mask complaints are just nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. l_boy

l_boy VIP Member

Jan 6, 2009
    It is a tribal partisan symbol. Nothing more. Wearing a mask is submission to liberals and fails to exhibit proper fealty to Donald Trump.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Because you are The One. You just haven’t accepted it.

11. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump lost credibility when he lied to the American people about the dangerousness of the pandemic and failed in leadership to deal with a crisis.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Trump lost credibility when he was born. I'm only slightly exaggerating but you know what I'm saying.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Because the President of the United States made wearing a mask an object of derision and a sign of weakness. In addition to MAGA hats he should have hats for his sheep that said REAL MEN DON'T WEAR MASKS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I've stated this numerous times that I do require my employees to wear the mask when required or the customers request them to. When they go to the store, restaurants etc that's their decision and I can't force them and won't.
    I don't believe the mask to be effective as you and others falsely believe. I think it's pretty crappy how you and others try to guilt those who think different. This virus spreads like the flu, no mask will stop the spread, so you and others are welcome to you're opinions as I'm to mine.

If a person is that scared of this flu like virus, they should stay home. They can get everything they need delivered.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  15. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    You can think what you want.. it’s America... but your ability to compartmentalize truth from your narrative is bordering on legendary.

15 times Trump praised China as coronavirus was spreading across the globe

• Like Like x 4
  16. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You are wrong in your opinion and people following your lead will lead to far more deaths.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Congratulations I think you officially made the all Karen team

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Yup. If Trump demanded that automakers stop making seat belts because cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed free of any obstruction, his braindead legion of sheep would say "You know what? Come to think of it, he's right. Seat belts make me uncomfortable while driving and you have a low chance of dying from a car accident anyway. Death to safety belts!" Then anyone who tried to reason with them and explain the benefits of wearing safety belts would be called the Seat Belt Gestapo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jmoliver

jmoliver GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    In Palm Beach County you would be hard pressed to find anyone in a Publix w/o a mask.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte