Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

I just don't get...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by intimigator1, Nov 25, 2020.

1. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Doesn’t say anything about the government

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    so, it’s climate not wether people are wearing masks - as predicted by scientists

the hackneyed phrase “trust the science “ is really newspeak for “believe what I believe or you’re an idiot “

what are possible factors affecting contagion and deaths?

climate
    BMI of populace
    Co-morbities
    Access to health care
    Mask usage, etc

those who weep and wail about one thing and try to use it to “prove” their point are being naive. Unless you isolate the variable it’s tough to prove cause/effect

• Like Like x 1
  3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That's what one of the astronauts said just before the recent takeoff to the space station. "Trust the science, my ass. Let's just pray that we get there."

• Like Like x 1
  4. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    From the link on Post #60:
    Staff and students in Vermont’s preK-12 schools currently answer a set of questions each day, asking about potential symptoms of Covid-19 and out-of-state travel. If they say they are exhibiting symptoms or have traveled out of state and haven’t quarantined, they’re sent home.

This is part of the Vermont’s Governor’s move to curb the COVID spread. These are schools operated by the government. My guess is you’re trying to be obtuse; so, there you go.

What I find hilarious - again in the article - is that the Governor wants businesses to do the same. Sure - no labor law violations there, Mr. Gov. Can you imagine:

“Hey, Joe, come on in here for a moment”
    Joe: “Sure, boss.”
    “Now, Joe, while you were home for Thanksgiving did you associate with anyone who was not a close family member?”

What’s next? Did you associate with anyone with a MAGA hat? Have anyone of your close associates attended religious services recently? Think it can’t happen in USA? Think again.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It may be mandatory but they can't issue a fine, thanks to Gov. Desantis

6. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Your definition of Government is awfully broad.

8. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    Are those schools not operated by the government? Which of these are government in your opinion:

DMV
    Board of Professional Regulation
    Public schools
    Police
    Jails

if the government has control over the operation of the entity then is it not “government”?

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    So the following you do not consider government ( since you disagreed):

DMV
    Board of Professional Regulation
    Public schools
    Police
    Jails?

If they are not government then what are they?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    All necessary services that the private sector cannot be trusted to run effectively and efficiently. If we turned those into private enterprises, the greed factor kicks in and they all suck. Econ 101.

Now grocery stores, car dealerships, hardware stores, insurance, real estate firms, etc, are great at private ownership, with the extraordinary assumption that we boys and girls play nice and play fair. Sha, riggghhht!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Even then, and I'm sure this will come as a complete shock to anyone without a brain, that we MUST have regulation, because there are a LOT of LCTs (liars, cheaters and thieves) whose innate greed will knowingly, willingly and intentionally take advantage of others for their own personal gain. To deny that is a complete freaking lie or complete freaking stupidity. "I'll take A for a couple trillion, Alex".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    The really sad part of this is that people were rallied by Trump to believe it was an impingement on their freedom to wear masks and social distance, it was a political hoax, would magically disappear on Nov 4th. Basic health practices became a wedge between Americans depending on party instead of working together to fight the virus. As a result we are heading towards a worsening humanitarian crisis.

Ironically, in China or New Zealand, with very different political systems, people are freely going to movies, kids to school, restaurants open, families gathering because they had leaders that took steps based on science and epidemiology to combat the virus, not each other.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Sometimes it seems like we're not so much the United States of America rather the Divided States of America. Apparently that's what a lot of people like it to be. Including a certain someone who shall remain nameless who is about to be jobless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    The truly sad part are the leftists who praise leaders of an extremely oppressive regime like China and advocate implementing the same the controls China did upon their people. The sad part are people who are so willing to give up their freedom for a virus that, if you’re under age 55, you have about a one in ten thousand chase of dying from, if you even catch it in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Do you have any evidence for this?
    Which CDC data prove this?

15. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    Hah, you may be talking about me. I live in Santa Rosa County even though I grew up in Broward. Garcon Point area, not in what the locals call "Piss". It's a far cry from Wilton Manors, but I figure it's still safer with 2 neighbors in an area that you'd normally expect to hold 200.
    Maybe not at Publix ...

16. l_boy

l_boy VIP Member

Jan 6, 2009
    It just shows that simple leadership makes a difference. The governor is very conservative, but he has been much more proactive about covid than some of the republican flat earther types.

17. l_boy

l_boy VIP Member

Jan 6, 2009
    LouisvilleGator said:
    Whether you want to admit it or not, a lot of it started with the racial protesting back in the summer. Once people saw how callous government leaders and the media were to the implied risk of having those, a lot of people just said screw it. Can't blame them.

Are politically correct causes immune to covid?

Perhaps they weren't as bad as some other gatherings, as they were outdoors, many wore masks, but it defies logic to think that these had no impact in spreading.

Yes, it is hypocrisy.

18. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    You lose a lot of credibility by mentioning China as an example

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  19. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Yep. and?

20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Why are you asking me? I said it was an exaggeration.